A discussion: The ‘bond girls’ theme.

jamesthehorse

no

Btw, what sort of guest do you want at the show, last time, too many WW2 guests, which, according to the Jamesthehorse crystal ball gazing service was set to be a failiure..

Now theres too many guests from a best selling franchise...

I doubt you'll get much request for stargate guests at Autographica.

Edited by gilgalad70

Maybe it was down to case of availability, that there is a lot of bond girls appearing at Autographica.

Where as last time round there were more WW2 guests.

Also whose to say the guest list is complete, nearly every forum member by now must know the standard line

"Guests can be announced right up to the day of the event"

I'm just annoyed that I can't manage to attend Autographica, due to a combination of finances, and travel .

I'll just have to hope that some of the Bond girls come back and do another event.

Personally I'm not sure they've overdone or underdone any particular genre.

For myself I probably won't bother with many of the Bond girls for this show, I have to be honest and say I'm really not very clear on who most of them are. On the other hand I'm sure some people will be very pleased with them so its fair enough to have them along.

I think the more I've seen from posts SM have made about how they go about getting guests it's not normally the case that one type of guest is preferred over another. In this case for example maybe they sent out 25 invites to Bond Girls and 25 invites to military veterans, if all the Bond Girls said yes and all but a couple of military guests said no then it might well create the perception that not as much effort has been made with the military guests as with the Bond Girls when this might not be the case at all.

I notice a fairly aggressive tone to your response Gilgalad70.

But you are correct, in that I had the same opinion of the last show.

I guess I’d just expect a little bit more variety, hence this discussion.

Without meaning to being rude, the list of those we have got, seems to also lack that certain wow factor too?.

Without meaning to being rude, the list of those we have got, seems to also lack that certain wow factor too?.

Now, now - no fighting!. :D

As for the question, there is always room for more Bond girls whoever they are :D

Edited by reddragon

• Moderators

WHOA !!!!! there James

Did you say variety.

A man who walked on the moon.

A man who the whole world watched limp home from an aborted mission to the moon.

15 plus bond girls

A man who attacked the sorpe dam in WW2

Alf Garnet

Joanna Lumley

The worlds most famous astronomer

two British female icons from the 60s and seventies

Sorry but just how much more variety did you want.

I personally think this is the best balanced show we have had and i am proud of the line up.

Dave

My point was that last time around, Jamesthehorse was complaining about too MANY WW2 guests, yet forgot to suggest other genres of guests. Apparently if he wanted to meet a WW2 guest he saw his grandad or something, and not pay 15 quid for the privelege.

Perhaps he's related to several Bond girls as well then :dance:

Actually, I think one reason why there might be a slight lack of WW2 vets at Autographica is because another company (not that one in Docklands, or Brummieland) is holding a mass signing at their gallery of vets. George Johnson was there the other week, I know.

Btw, the reason one might suggest one got a bit aggressive with JTH, was, if you look back at the board for last Autographica, there were very few genres of folks (inc Vets) that seemed to meet JTH's standards of interest then either, and some (not me) suggested that JTH was playing troll, and successfully getting a response. Like now. He also tried (before Dave closed the threads) to have polls on if folks wanted Vets, Bond folks etc etc at the show.

Oh and Dave, you missed out a Falklands Vet off your list of genres..

WHOA !!!!! there James

Did you say variety.

A man who walked on the moon.

A man who the whole world watched limp home from an aborted mission to the moon.

15 plus bond girls

A man who attacked the sorpe dam in WW2

Alf Garnet

Joanna Lumley

The worlds most famous astronomer

two British female icons from the 60s and seventies

Sorry but just how much more variety did you want.

I personally think this is the best balanced show we have had and i am proud of the line up.

Dave

Well said Dave, I'm personally looking forward to the show. :crying: