Photos taken with guests during autographs?

Tina

• Showmasters Admin

Posed photos or photos "with" the guest will not be allowed as per Eclipse. With the number of people attending we will just not get through everyone if we allow it.

Whether we allow people to take photos "of" the guests whilst signing is still to be decided. It will depend on how many tickets are ultimately sold.

Posed photos or photos "with" the guest will not be allowed as per Eclipse. With the number of people attending we will just not get through everyone if we allow it.

Whether we allow people to take photos "of" the guests whilst signing is still to be decided. It will depend on how many tickets are ultimately sold.

I have to say your life will be so much easier if you simply have a no cameras in the autograph room policy. If people want a photo with the guests they should buy a photoshoot. If you allow people to take pictures of the guests while they are signing it's inevitable that that will eventually degenerate into people asking the guest to pose - it always does.

I have to say your life will be so much easier if you simply have a no cameras in the autograph room policy. If people want a photo with the guests they should buy a photoshoot. If you allow people to take pictures of the guests while they are signing it's inevitable that that will eventually degenerate into people asking the guest to pose - it always does.

In theory that sounds a good policy but people have cameras on their phones.

I've been to a lot of other cons where you have to hand your bag over like you do before photo shoots and just take out the stuff you need signing. I've never been to any proper conventions where your allowed to take photos in auto queues this is what the photo shoots are for after all.

The reason I asked the question in the first place about whether photos would be allowed while signing auots is that at a past convention there was a no photo rule and I abided by it but found out later on that nearly everyone was having their photos taken with the guest. I think if there is a no photo rule then it should be enforced as it's not fair on people that abide by the rules.

Just wondering if photos are allowed with guests while getting their autographs? Or would this hold the ques up too much?

It's not always just a question of holding up a queue. Sometimes constant flash photography can be stressful on the eyes if it goes on for a long time. I went to a convention a while ago where one guest (who is normally happy to have pictures taken of him), asked that no more be taken for that reason.

I've been to a lot of other cons where you have to hand your bag over like you do before photo shoots and just take out the stuff you need signing. I've never been to any proper conventions where your allowed to take photos in auto queues this is what the photo shoots are for after all.

Sorry i've not been to a convention before but i would be unhappy if i was asked for my bag/camera/phone before going to get autograph. If i'm told no photo's then i will take NO photos i dont need to hand over my possesions to ensure that happens.If people can't respect whats said then throw them out!!

I totally agree unfortunately not all people do as they are told and will always try it on. The other thing is if people think its ok to take photos in auto q's there is no reason for them not to harrass guests in the evening if they choose to hang out which will mean they wont bother doing so again and spoiling their fun too.

I have to say i dont mind handing over my bag you have to at collectormania before the photo shoots and at most other events i have certainly been to in the past as well. You dont always have to hand over for auto q's but i have been to a few cons i have had to walk round with arm fulls of dvd's and photos to sign.

lets hope that everyone abides by the rules this time and doesnt spoil it for the rest of us.

Edited by buffy2k

• Showmasters Admin

The reason I asked the question in the first place about whether photos would be allowed while signing auots is that at a past convention there was a no photo rule and I abided by it but found out later on that nearly everyone was having their photos taken with the guest. I think if there is a no photo rule then it should be enforced as it's not fair on people that abide by the rules.

What ever the rules are decided upon. I can assure you they will be enforced.

We don't LIKE to have to ban all photos in the autograph area because we do know people like to get a photo to show it's original etc. But we also understand people's concerns about people stillasking anyway and it is easier to police if we just say "No photos at all!".

We'll have a final answer on this later in the week.

Personally, I don't have an issue with taking photos "in vivo," but please don't use flash as common courtesy, and please be aware of everyone else in line (i. e. no pushing, holding up the line, etc.).

Stephen

This seems the best idea, if people will cooperate. I've no problem with discreet, non-flash photography that doesn't interfere with anyone else or demand that the celebrity stop and pose with the signee, as it were.

Personally, I don't have an issue with taking photos "in vivo," but please don't use flash as common courtesy, and please be aware of everyone else in line (i. e. no pushing, holding up the line, etc.).

Stephen

This seems the best idea, if people will cooperate. I've no problem with discreet, non-flash photography that doesn't interfere with anyone else or demand that the celebrity stop and pose with the signee, as it were.

Good idea, and I agree but then not all cameras have the option to turn flash off. I know my camera doesn't! Not that I'll be ovbiously taking my camera into the auto queues with me!! XD

It has been decided that their will be no photos in the autograph session. This is to ensure we get through everyone.

Just to make it clear for me. Does that mean no photos at all e.g while the guest is signing? Or does it mean just posed photos?

• Showmasters Admin

It has been decided that their will be no photos in the autograph session. This is to ensure we get through everyone.

Just to make it clear for me. Does that mean no photos at all e.g while the guest is signing? Or does it mean just posed photos?

This means no photos in the autograph sessions at all.

This means no photos in the autograph sessions at all.

Thank you.

Thank you for letting us know! Thats one less thing to carry round with me when getting stuff signed! i'll be sure to pass this onto my friends etc! Cheers for the update! :D