Twilight Soundtrack

leanne marie barden

Just saw this on Myspace. Thrilled because I love paramore!!!

Paramore on the Twilight soundtrack!

Paramore's new song 'Decode' will be the lead single from the soundtrack to the upcoming movie "Twilight." A video for the song will be shot next month and is scheduled to premiere in early November. Visit MTV.com for the full story.

I chose the title 'Decode' because the song is about the building tension, awkwardness, anger and confusion between Bella and Edward. Bella is the only mind Edward can't read and I feel like that's a big part of the first book and one of the obstacles for them to overcome. It's one added tension that makes the story even better. - Hayley Williams

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few Paramore tracks on my own Twilight playlist.

I can't wait for this soundtack to be released, I trust it will be a world wide release and not just US?

I would hope so.. today I went and pre-ordered the TW movie companion and Rob's bio (although I think he's a little young for that).. totally forgot to ask about the soundtrack.. that I read somewhere is coming out before the movie (I think you can order it on Amazon?)

For now I just go to Stephenie's website and play my faves there

:/

Maybe I'm the only one on board to think so ... But I really don't like Paramore *not really innovative, and too much Avril Lavigne-alike*

It depends on the scene and the atmosphere in the movie, it'll probably fir perfectly ^^

And this song may be great ^^ *optimistim/ on*

Edited by isabelle&lily

:/

Maybe I'm the only one on board to think so ... But I really don't like Paramore *not really innovative, and too much Avril Lavigne-alike*

It depends on the scene and the atmosphere in the movie, it'll probably fir perfectly ^^

And this song may be great ^^ *optimistim/ on*

I agree wholeheartedly. They're a poor choice. However I know some people on here *cough* Kayla who will be delighted so it's all good I guess. I think they're pants though.

I saw them on the VMS'AS there seemed ok i guess, i would have rather had something Evansecene then them, or even 30stm something like that.

i haven't thought about 30STM, but they would have been probably a nice choice. I love their music like hell >...< Just one thing is really annoying about their gigs = the *stupid*fangirls screaming "JJJAAAAARRREEEEED" all the time :D (once i punched one in the nose... i felt much better afterwards. For my defense, she bit my arms and jumped on me to be closer to the stage)

I'm just happy with Muse in there.

But seriously, as long as they do a good job at placing the songs with the right scenes.. I'll be a fan no matter what.. cause it's that placement that reminds you of that particular scene when you're listening to it..

I was such a fan of the last Pride and Prejudice soundtrack.. because of that.

Anyway I'm also excited to hear Rob's songs and his talent as a musician in there..

The soundtrack comes out here on November 4th I believe.. so I'm very excited!

Is it bad that I LOL'd when I read that? :D

Yeah, it's that bad, and everywhere (not just in France. I've been to a gig in Germany it was the same)

And speaking of Muse, it's the worst gig's experience I've ever had. 30STM is just a training compared to Muse :P It's better to listen to Muse at your home in fact.

I agree with bellsfromep about the soundtrack by the way *back to topic*^^

Eeek, I hope there's a "proper" score as well. Don't want it to be too much of a "teen" movie! :lol: Sometimes well known songs in films work amazingly well (Donnie Darko), but I'm worried doing so will be too distracting.

There's this song that totally needs to be in it. I was listening to Mystery Jets loads just before I started the books, and there was one song I was obsessed with - First To Know. So when I started Twilight, I was freaked out how much the song seemed to be like a soundtrack for Edward.

Check it out: http://www.imeem.com/jandevries/music/pL11..._first_to_know/

Oh God, I don't want loads of American emo punk rock in this :D

No offence to fans, but I'm not sure about Paramore :D

I like my instrumental scores damnit!

I'm sure we'll get them.. Rob's songs among them "cross your fingers".

Also read on twilighters anonymous.. that former Jane's Addiction member Perry Farrell is writing a key song for the soundtrack..

here's the article.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/...ell_to_wri.html

Oh God, I don't want loads of American emo punk rock in this :D

No offence to fans, but I'm not sure about Paramore :D

I like my instrumental scores damnit!

I'm sure we'll get them.. Rob's songs among them "cross your fingers".

Also read on twilighters anonymous.. that former Jane's Addiction member Perry Farrell is writing a key song for the soundtrack..

here's the article.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/...ell_to_wri.html

YES! I READ THAT!

I'm very excited about Perry working on the album! :D

I do love that "super massive black hole" song from Muse.. can't wait to see where they plug it in..

I think it's either a Bella/Edward moment in her bedroom.. or maybe when they are both cruising along in his car after he's saved her in Port Angeles.. ideas.. thoughts? ohh wait.. maybe in the parking lot when he's giving her that sexy look/crooked smile!! :(

Muses Super Massive is my favourite track of theirs. I would have thought that Sing for Absolution and Time is Running out were more appropriate lyric wise though.

I've never heard of Perry Farrell :YAHOO: We live and learn!