Great atmosphere! aka What everybody liked or disliked about the s

Psychosis

Just popping on while waiting for Michael's photoshoot :WAVE: to say that I'm loving the atmosphere!

We may only have four guests, but they're four FANTASTIC guests! In both talks, there have been people practically rolling in the aisles with laughter! Everyone gets on well, it's not crowded or rushed, and SO FAR!! I'm not bored with the schedule. We'll see if that changes later, lol, but I'm quite happy with my first small con! Better than I anticipated, probably. Didn't go to the party though, I'm stuck doing work for uni.. again.:dance:

Good to see some people I haven't seen for like... a month? two? maybe even three? Gasp!

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am extremely jealous! I have absolutely no money at all, because if i did, id be there in an instant, though alas, the amount of money i do have is enough to get me to northampton, but not get me home XD thats how little i have lol (though i did buy my ticket to the hub this month, maybe that has some thing to do with the lack of funding?)

sounds like you are having a brilliant time, and i wish i could be there, as im sure showmasters are gonna pull off a great weekend!

and SO FAR!! I'm not bored with the schedule. We'll see if that changes later, lol, but I'm quite happy with my first small con!

Im afraid I have to differ with you here..

The morning was fine for the nost part, good talks, though missed the last 20-30 mins of gary and chris's talk (which was only the 2nd and last talk of the day!) because we were told to que up for Carmen's photoshoot, but was waiting for that for well over half an hour. The gary photoshoot had been fine, and the carmen one was going ok, but then the talk ended so all the gold passes came piling out and joined the que, meaning us standards had to wait much longer!

Anyway, we went back to the hotel a bit to wait for autos to come up, and we were done there within about half hour id say, and since then we've been bored sensless with nothing to do!! Am writing this atm from the ibis on their 'internet through tv' service we're that bored!!

I deard to think how bad it'll be tomorrow with no autos to get even and no photoshoots!!

Note: Excuse any mistakes there, I hate this forigne keyboard theibis have, and the screen isnt set right ba!!

Yeah, I'm gonna be bored tomorrow, but I've been busy almost all day today. My last activity tomorrow ends at 1:15 other than the final talk, so I'm considering leaving then and getting home before it goes dark! :YAHOO:

And, as of 4:11pm, I am home and ready to start finishing the projects that I didn't do at the weekend. I was slightly activity-less from 1:15pm onwards today, which is why I went home, but overall I had a fab time.

Thanks Showmasters!

Ok just got back. First thank you Showmasters had a fantastic time. I was there Fri Sat Sun at park inn (good hotel/Venue). Firstly there was plenty to do. If there was nothing on talk to your fellow Fans. Its was nice and relaxed got to meet all guest talked to them all at the party on sat.(Gary loved my flight suit) Talks (Q and A) were fantasticly funny (Shanks and Judge in the morning) all and all Well done showmasters biring on Chevron 2.

And, as of 4:11pm, I am home and ready to start finishing the projects that I didn't do at the weekend. I was slightly activity-less from 1:15pm onwards today, which is why I went home, but overall I had a fab time.

Thanks Showmasters!

Ooooohh!! If you had stayed to the end, I know you'd have had a gap in the proceedings, but the final panel was HYSTERICAL! It was turned into an "audition" session with members of the audience as potential SG1 replacements, and with the guests pretending to be directors, producers etc. I could almost NOT BREATHE I was laughing so hard!!! The "auditionees" were awesome, and threw themselves into it with abandon and it was all INSANE! Seriously! My friend was CRYING with laughter!

Sorry that the day felt "gappy" for you, but glad you had a good time generally :)

Edited by Ellie Jane

I've literally just got home and finished unpacking. Grrr at the four hour train journey!

This weekend has been awesome. Went on my own but made some new friends and had such a good time. Hi to Jane, Mel and Mary!!

Gotta say, anyone who left early today missed a corker of a final talk...well, it wasnt a talk as such haha!!

The guests were great and I've actually never laughed so much than in Michael and Chris' talk.....or should I say Fluffy and Boots?!!

There was a bit of waiting around today but at least it gives you time to chill out and not be rushing around like a mad thing!!

Bring on the next one....gold pass and it's on my birthday woop!

Thank you SM!!

xxxxx

Had a great time, was not sure what to expected, but well worth the trip down from Glasgow. Managed to get Chris to sign my photo as Fluffy Larue!! Pity could not get Michael to sign his one as "Boots", but he did sign "Go ahead, make my day", which was quite cool!.

Loved the auditions at the end, just the words, "white hairy leg" gets me laughing again...

Thanks guys for arranging Chevron 7, have already got my ticket for Chevron7.2.

As chevron was my first convention, i had no idea what to expect.

I had a great time there on saturday and sunday even though i couldn't attend the parties due to working nights.

I think the relaxed shedule suited me just fine as you had a chance to take stock before you went on to the next thing.

Nearly wet myself during the 'auditions' in the last talk. I haven't laughed so much in years.

Will definately be going next year!

Right im back home at last, and thank gawd for that..

Im afraid to say this weekend was probably joint worst sg convention ive ever attended! I have a whole list of rants to go into, and im not the only one I know..

I honistly feel massive events have over done themselves trying to get into the stargate conventions, something which we've had for coming up to a decade now and just like other sg cons which have tried starting up, I just cant see chevron 7.2 taking off!

The talks were funny yes, but the fact there was only two each day sucked, and i missed half of the final one sat morning because we were told to que for carmens photo, and was still waiting 40 mins later!! The final one on sun afternoon was hardly a talk either, as it was just the 'auditions' the entire time, no actual Q&A!!

I'll go into the others at another point, but from a seasoned convention attendee, I did not like this event at all! I feel it only catered for nieve newbies who knew no better, and in some regards was just an expensive signing in a hotel!

I'll go into the others at another point, but from a seasoned convention attendee, I did not like this event at all! I feel it only catered for nieve newbies who knew no better, and in some regards was just an expensive signing in a hotel!

:dance: I'm definitely no naive newbie who knows no better :D

Right im back home at last, and thank gawd for that..

Im afraid to say this weekend was probably joint worst sg convention ive ever attended! I have a whole list of rants to go into, and im not the only one I know..

I honistly feel massive events have over done themselves trying to get into the stargate conventions, something which we've had for coming up to a decade now and just like other sg cons which have tried starting up, I just cant see chevron 7.2 taking off!

The talks were funny yes, but the fact there was only two each day sucked, and i missed half of the final one sat morning because we were told to que for carmens photo, and was still waiting 40 mins later!! The final one on sun afternoon was hardly a talk either, as it was just the 'auditions' the entire time, no actual Q&A!!

Well I suppose on one of the naive newbies as this was my first ever convention and I enjoyed it (for the most part). The talks were great, as were the guests, I think the only way it could've been improved is if there were more guests, and as you said more talks (or at least longer talks, the person introducing them and asking questions seemed like he couldn't wait to end them at times, I know there was a schedule that had to be kept to, but there was also a lot of free time which could've been used for more talks). I was also hoping to see another Q&A at the final talk but the auditions were funny to watch.

Ah, well my post was actually meant to be in defense of the convention but I actually ended up complaining too lol. On the whole I did enjoy this convention and as it was small it was probably good for me to ease me into conventions. I loved the talks but did feel they could be longer, and I will most likely be going to Chevron 7.2 too (which I think I should get free tickets to as I won the quiz :dance: lol).

Edited by Christoff

:dance: I'm definitely no naive newbie who knows no better :uhoh:

I agree, I'm also not too impressed with that definition either. :D

Well I had a fantastic time. Thought the guests were superb, the audition bit on the Sunday was great and well done to everyone that took part in that, you had far more courage than I would have.

Might as well use this post to thank Showmasters and all the crew who made it go so well. This was my first event like this that wasn't just a collectormania or a signing event and I was amazed how close to schedule everything ran. That's got to be down to the great work of the crew who had everyone so well organised.

A fantastic weekend and I can't wait till the next one.

Same thing here crippsy - you know me and how many shows I have attended before. :D

I'm definitely no newbie and I personally had a blast. This was one of the reasons why I volunteered for the audition thing. :dance:

Well, like a few of you this was my first convention as well (and this my first post in this forum - hello) - and I didn't know what to expect but I had an absolute blast!! I was glad there were only a few guest as it all seemed very informal and relaxed, meant I got a chance to talk to lots of people - everyone was so friendly!

I met some really great people - hey back to Natalie, and to Mel and Mary...Natalie you are a star...thanks for teaching me the dos and don'ts of a convention - especially the huggy photo...notice you've already get the one of you and Mr. Shanks up there...I'm still far too tired to be that organised!!

The talks were hilarious...even if Gary Jones did hog the mic a bit...but his stand up at lunchtime was fab!

Anyway, I loved it...enough to have already bought tickets for the next one!! Role on March! :dance: