Lost Season 4 - Finale Discussion (Episodes 13/14)

DavidB

And people were expecting what? Realism from "moving an island"? lol

Firstly, no-one has any idea what the wheel was actually connected to, so there's no real issues with that.

Secondly, the likelihood is that the island moved slightly in time, rather than in location, so it 'disappearing' would be exactly how it'd happen. However, they needed to give it some kind of visible effect.

Nothing really p!sses me off about the show anymore. I don't expect answers, and it's far better for it. When we do find things out, it's exciting, rather than "at last!".

Just go along for the ride, enjoy it for what it is - some fantastic performances (especially Michael Emerson) in an intriguing and mysterious show.

It's been quite clear for a long time that the 'science' in the show isn't exactly realistic in normal terms, so I don't see why anyone would think things were suddenly too OTT.

I have to agree, DavidB. After four seasons we should all know to approach with an extremely open mind. The show's premise should be clear by now - tis a weird show - and we have to be prepared for anything. Certainly, I gave up expecting "normal" quite a while ago lol :D

As for Jin and Michael, well, I'm not sure about Michael (haven't read the earlier link yet) but I don't think Jin is dead. I swear I saw someone jump off the boat before it went up and I'm hoping to God it was him!!!!

Overall, loved the finale - cried with Sun and "oooh"ed when we saw in the coffin. Also, the timeline of flashforwards and stuff makes more sense now.

Mind you, the Q&A show afterwards was a waste of time - they gave absolutely NOTHING away. Not that I mind, but for those people who thought they might, it must have been a disappontment.

Anyhoo...

DeeBee you changed your av!! I was thinking "who is this?" hehe :thumbup:

Anyway, I know lost is OTT n all, but tbh I'm a trekkie n sci fi fan in general so in a way, the time travel stuff just makes Lost more in that genre for me. It was just the "pop" that made me lol instead of go oooh :P

I can't even express how much I loved this finale. Ben moving the island was one of the greatest moments I've ever seen on TV. My favourite TV programme is 'Carnivale' and I never though the final few episodes of it's last season would be matched...but this did it. I wanted to hug the TV so much, haha! :WINCE:

AWESOME BEYOND WORDS :poki::P:P

And yes, still so many questions. I'd be disappointed if there wasn't ;)

Somebody else where raised a good question -

Claire and Kate

Kate: Get away from my son!

Claire: Don't you dare take him back!

or...

Kate: Get away from my son!

Claire: Don't you dare! Take him back!

So which is it to be people??

I have a weird question.....is Jin dead?? If you remember, I think we had a flashforward of him buying that giant Panda thing for his boss' wife

Answers on a postcard please

That was a flashBACK designed to show us Jin and Sun weren't with each other at that point... But I doubt hes dead. They usually make more of an issue over a big death like that. Like if HP says he is death, his big issue would have been Christian's send off. Nothing of note for Jin...

I didn't think that was a flashBACK with Jin, as at the same time the scene was changing back/forth to show Sun giving birth and calling out for Jin - later we realise that she believes him to be dead and doesn't really recall calling out for him. But we think he was buying the panda for his child? This must have been a flashforward?

I think they were deliberately confusing the issue (as they do so well!) by showing us a flashforward of Sun combined with a flashback of Jin.

I don't think Jin's dead - I think he jumped off the boat before it blew. I worry about Bernard and Rose, though... :YAHOO:

Maybe they were in the last dinghy-load on its way to the boat. But how will they find their way back now the island's moved? Unless they landed in time and we weren't shown it... Oh, the angst :YAHOO: ...

Edited by rainbowsparkle

• Moderators

I didn't think that was a flashBACK with Jin, as at the same time the scene was changing back/forth to show Sun giving birth and calling out for Jin - later we realise that she believes him to be dead and doesn't really recall calling out for him. But we think he was buying the panda for his child? This must have been a flashforward?

We are indeed led to think he was buying the panda for his child, however we see him at the hospital congratulating the Ambassador on his grandchild, and he's there representing Mr Paik with the gift.

And as he states he's only been married two months .. it was definitely a flashback. And indeed the first episode to use flashbacks and flashforwards.

Tell ya what, ive been looking at lostpedia, goddamn theres a lot of info to take it, i reckon it would take about 6 months to read it all!!

Think it might be a case of going back to the beginning and watching again now knowing what i know to help fill in the gaps.

We are indeed led to think he was buying the panda for his child, however we see him at the hospital congratulating the Ambassador on his grandchild, and he's there representing Mr Paik with the gift.

And as he states he's only been married two months .. it was definitely a flashback. And indeed the first episode to use flashbacks and flashforwards.

Thats what I said, I just don't think they got what I was trying to say lol.

I dunno about Rose, cos she didn't wana leave the island cos of her illness... plus (bad at names) Daniel? would be on the last dingy so they wouldn't have killed them all off with no significant showing. Juliet wouldn't have been left on the island alone, so Rose etc may have been with her- there was 1 boat load left... Dan just said it was the last, cos he thought it was with the island blowing up and all. They'll show first ep Jin jumping off the big boat, finding the dingy and they get back to the island just before it goes pop- I bet!

Im not sure about that. Dont think in the timeline of events that Jin would have had time to swim to the dinghy before it disaapeared.

The helicopter flew away and the freighter blew up. The helicopter headed back toward the island and it disappeared, at no point did they see the dinghy with Daniel and co which i believe shows that the dinghy and its passengers was not far enough off shore and therefore they disappeared too.

Theres no way that Jin could have swum to the dinghy within the time it took the helicopter to get close enough to the island to see it. Im afraid that i cant see anyway for Jin to survive unless he gets picked up by another boat, but then this is lost so god only knows huh.

As for who was on the dinghy, if it had been anyone of note we would have been shown them getting into the boat, as far as i can tell it was only random survivors who have camped on the beach and never even had a line to utter.

Michael and Jin are likely dead, the 6 are of course lying and living their lives in the real world. Ben is in the real world continuing to play his games and as for everyone else well theyre still stuck there methinks. Do the remaining survivors join the others?? Would make sense, Locke is in charge and would bring no danger to them and they could of course pull their resources.

As for whats gone wrong with the 6 leaving well thats completely up in the air and your guess is as good as mine.

• 2 weeks later...