new to collectormania,

piratesteve

Hey im thinking of going to collectormania on saturday and sunday but im just a bit worried bout going on my own, as ill want to go out saturday and sunday night but no one to hangout with, none of my m8s are interested in going with me and i always end up missing out on these events, so i was just wondering if theres any meet ups and all that,

thnxs,

Piratesteve :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey im thinking of going to collectormania on saturday and sunday but im just a bit worried bout going on my own, as ill want to go out saturday and sunday night but no one to hangout with, none of my m8s are interested in going with me and i always end up missing out on these events, so i was just wondering if theres any meet ups and all that,

thnxs,

hello to a fellow newbie

you sound just like me :huh:

• Showmasters Admin

Friday night there is bowling night. A number of people from the forum go.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=39436

Saturday night there is this meet up at the Weatherspoons...

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=39426

And Sunday night there is a Showmasters party. Tickets are £15 and will be on sale at the event. Kia Owen from Torchwood is hosting and James Marsters is going to be play a couple of songs.

Other than that I can only suggest you do some posting on the forum and you may well find some friends.

thnxs,

Where you from, just out of interest?

I wnet to my first 3 day convention, and signing event on my own, and I'm really glad I did as my fiance is a person I met through my love of conventions and signing evnets.. We are all (well most of us) a great bunch of people.

Im not sure what I will be wearing yet, but I will try to remember to post on here what it is so hopefully if you see me you can come and say hi, as I don't bite, and love meeting new people.

:huh:

LLAP :(

I'm gonna be on my own for most of the weekend too. If you see me, feel free to stop me and say hi (it happens all the time lol I wont think you're weird). I'm a short brunette, I'll be wearing a blue and white striped dress with a red headband. It's quite amusing when I'm wandering around and suddenly get a "Hi! You're Psychosis!"

Hi, I'm going on my own too, but I'm now got a room mate and this is her first bigish convention. you can come over and say Hi if you want. i'm going to the saturday meet up and the Sunday Party.

If you see someone with bright red long hair and probably wearing purple - that'll be me. lol

Ah awesome, thanks so much for all of your replys :) sounds like i should be ok if i go then, hey zebredy im from leicestershire a little town called market harborough.. Hey gidda1974, welcome to you to :) i take it collectormania will be your first one to..

Hey tootall thnxs for all the info on whats on in the evening :)

Awesome i`ll try n remember what you all look like, Psychosis n Nixster

Wow i cant believe how many replys ive recieved :)

gotta go check dis hotel i found is still available on saturday and sunday.. oh yeah if i do make it ill be wearing a red bandana, ill try n post a pic if i can :)

• Moderators

Dunno if you have Facebook or MySpace or anything like that, but a lot of people do on here and there are groups etc you could join and get to know people over the next couple of days if u wanted :huh:

yep this is my third one. The first one i went to I might as well have been on my own as my mate that had come with me did nothing but moan. she didn't even buy ANYTHING, so I was on my own for C12 and i'm on my own this go too. Oh well, I recognise some faces now anyway, and I love anoying the photographer. lol :D:angel::angel::P he he he

Aw no, that sucks when you have a m8 moaning all the time, i went to a convention back in 2001 i think it was, called The Harvest, my m8 came down with me and he just moaned and totally embarrassed me the whole time, i thought he was a fan of buffy and found out when he was there that he wasnt, oh well ,lol

i just booked my hotel, im well nervous now, just dont wanna get there and spend the whole time on my own... heres my facebook name if anyone would like to see who i am and say hi if they see me :) facebook: steve rippin, you should spot me wiv the red bandana :)

Will be able to go around this time all weekend as not at work. Normally have to go around in a suit cause i am at work. LOL

Will too be on own as my mate is busy with uni work.

I unfortunately will not be dressing up but feel free to say hi.

heres my facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=704375000

just add me!