Latest guest announcement June Whitfield

showmasters

She was in Friends, thats something.......

Any more guests perhaps?

Oh please, Ms. Whitfield is a bona-fide legend and you're giving her props for being in Friends - a show designed by idiots for idiots. Try Terry and June, Ab Fab, The Carry Ons, shows and films that were actually funny without resorting to US incompetence.

Haha! Well said!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical.

I didn't insult anyone if thats what you were referring to.

I was agreeing with the fact shes done loads more stuff.

I think David was actually referring to the other comment which was knocking Friends. :blush:

Any more guests perhaps?

Oh please, Ms. Whitfield is a bona-fide legend and you're giving her props for being in Friends - a show designed by idiots for idiots. Try Terry and June, Ab Fab, The Carry Ons, shows and films that were actually funny without resorting to US incompetence.

Haha! Well said!

oh well, i'll apologise, its not like friends was big or anything.... oh, wait a minute? Now Ab Fab? I can think of a million insults for That but i won't cos I know people like it.

Geez, what is it with children using the forum these days? The idea is to keep your toys IN the pram people!

Edited by Lizzy

Any more guests perhaps?

Any more guests perhaps?

Haha! Well said!

oh well, i'll apologise, its not like friends was big or anything.... oh, wait a minute? Now Ab Fab? I can think of a million insults for That but i won't cos I know people like it.

Geez, what is it with children using the forum these days? The idea is to keep your toys IN the pram people!

Wait a mo, you're resorting to bad mouthing one show in order to get one over on me for disliking another? And then go on to say; "Geez, what is it with children using the forum these days? The idea is to keep your toys IN the pram people!"

the carry on films werent exactly an intellectuals dream or anything aswell

I never said they were, however I prefer them to shows like Friends, again you're resorting to personal tirades on a show that I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who doesn't enjoy. Fact is most people will know June Whitfield from TV shows such as Terry & June and Ab Fab than a cameo appearance in Friends, now that's not my opinion on Friends that's a neutral fact.

Wait a mo, you're resorting to bad mouthing one show in order to get one over on me for disliking another? And then go on to say; "Geez, what is it with children using the forum these days? The idea is to keep your toys IN the pram people!"

LOL I totally agree..everyone is entitled to their own opinion...leaving the dissing at home

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forum.philipglenister.co.uk

Edited by Aeris

Any more guests perhaps?

I'm sure Lizzy already recognised June Whitfield as being in Carry On and Ab Fab as a great acheivement, it's just that she is also a fan of Friends and hadnt realised she'd been in that too much to her surprise. I don't think she was saying Friends was the only thing that June Whitfiled was good for.

Edited by nicky

I love the fact that of all people, June Whitfield has prompted a heated argument!

Whats next fisticuffs over Thora Hird?!

Actually if we're being pedantic it's the shows/films she's been associated with that is doing the debating.

On a side note I'd love to have met Thora Hird, her Talking Head's stint left me speechless PLUS I've already got Peter Sallis's signature on my Last of the Summer Wine DVD so hers would have been most welcome.

lol....Rogue how can you express an opinion one second and then the next call it a fact ?

fact

n 1: a piece of information about circumstances that exist or

events that have occurred; "first you must collect all

the facts of the case"

opinion

n 1: a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof

or certainty; "my opinion differs from yours"; "what are

your thoughts on Haiti?" [syn: sentiment, persuasion,

view, thought]

Edited by Krypto

that's not my opinion on Friends that's a neutral fact.

lol........... how can you have an OPINION that is a FACT ?

Put it back into context and then come back and try again.

I said June Whitfield will be best known for her works on shows like Ab Fab and Terry & June as opposed to a cameo in Friends HOWEVER I thought I should reiterate this statement has nothing to do with my dislike of this particular show but stating the obvious i.e. 34 appearances in Ab Fab & 65 appearances in Terry and June against 2 cameo appearances in Friends, nothing to do with personal opinion on either show but mere weighing up the numbers.

fact

the facts of the case"

opinion

view, thought]

but stating the obvious i.e. 34 appearances in Ab Fab & 65 appearances in Terry and June against 2 cameo appearances in Friends,

LOL - you guys actually went through the trouble of getting the exact dictionary quotes and exact number of appearences in TV shows up. Talk about anal. :YAHOO:

fact

the facts of the case"

opinion

view, thought]

but stating the obvious i.e. 34 appearances in Ab Fab & 65 appearances in Terry and June against 2 cameo appearances in Friends,

LOL - you guys actually went through the trouble of getting the exact dictionary quotes and exact number of appearences in TV shows up. Talk about anal. :YAHOO:

Almost as 'anal' as your post wouldn't you say?

• Showmasters Admin

Can we please just play nicely?

Everyone is basically saying the same thing. We like June! Just for different things she has been in. Let's look at our similarities rather than our differences. We have enough negativity in the world without arguing over which program someone was best known for or if that program was any good.

Now please try to continue this thread as it was started, as an accouncement of June and her appearance at C13, not an assassination of shows she's been in or of each other.

Thanks.

Edited by Too Tall

Let's look at our similarities rather than our differences. We have enough negativity in the world without arguing...

I feel a song coming on. Ok peeps, after three..

"Coombayah, My Lord...

Edited by nicky

• Showmasters Admin
Let's look at our similarities rather than our differences. We have enough negativity in the world without arguing...

I feel a song coming on. Ok peeps, after three..

"Coombayah, My Lord...

:o:D

TT, you're spot on...

I'm sure Lizzy already recognised June Whitfield as being in Carry On and Ab Fab as a great acheivement, it's just that she is also a fan of Friends and hadnt realised she'd been in that too much to her surprise. I don't think she was saying Friends was the only thing that June Whitfiled was good for.

...As are you Nicky. Personally, I don't like or watch Ab Fab or... the others. I was just saying personally she was in friends, "thats something" as in, I could personally meet her for that as she played a part in a show I like- I wouldn't meet her for anything else, but that doesn't mean I think of her any less as an Actress.

If Matthew Perry was announced, someone may hate friends but like Studio 60 and want to meet him for that even though he is ultimately more famous for Friends.

(The second bit of my quote sounds rude, but I was saying "any more guests" cos of an earlier post by SM, nothing to do with June- it was in the context of that night.)

Stop jumping into an argument for no reason- you're having a go at me because I may meet someone for having a cameo in a show I like rather than anything else :D What next? Its like so often people on here are telling off others for having an opinion- ever heard of freedom of speech? Or freedom of thought as per Article 9 of the Human Rights Act 1998 states? Freedom of Expression as per Article 10?

Put simply, lighten up!

ever heard of freedom of speech? Or freedom of thought as per Article 9 of the Human Rights Act 1998 states? Freedom of Expression as per Article 10?

fact

the facts of the case"

opinion

view, thought]

Krypto on here is my boyfriend if I ever mention him

Zzzzzzzzz! :P