Wrestlemania 24

SciFiMAD

Not the best wrestlemania ever I must say. A few good matches and outcomes I am happy with.

Money in the Bank - CM Punk was the underdog to win I thought, will be interesting if they move him over from ECW to RAW/SMACKDOWN and using this a point to move him up. Always a highlight of wrestlemania i must say. Great match with some good high flying moved.

Kane winning what the hell was that about in less in 60 seconds!! What are they doing with ECW. Extremely Crappy Wresting I must say.

Flair match well we all know the outcome of that. BYE BYE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BYE FLAIR

Triple threat match, I must say I so happy that Orton was allowed to retain. But would of been nice to see HHH at the top again for a while and then go heal.

Undertaker 16-0 and world champ two years running at wreatlemania. His last run so enjoy. the guys a legend and I soild match I thought.

JBL/Finlay was a pretty good fight, weird that there was no blood though, given what the did. Was very impressed when JBL used a trash can lid to hit Finlay baseball style as he flew through the ring at him!

Loved the money in the bank match, though i was surprised Punk won. Really happy with the Matt hardy run-in too :)

Laughed myself silly at Kane's victory.... I'm wondering if Chavo has quit/done something naughty

Thought the Diva match was rubbish as expected, but there was some comedy gold from Santino ('Hey, Mr Snoopy da Dogg!')

Thought the Carlito sketch was random but hysterical

Flair match was exactly as predicted (to the point where I was calling the moves). If I wanted to watch Grandad wrestling, I'm sure I could see it for free on You Tube!

Really happy Orton kept his title, I was sure HHH was going to win it!

Mayweather Vs Big Show was watchable in the same way you can't help but stare at a car wreck. Thought Big Show came out of it well though.

Taker/Edge match was good. Although there were no new, exciting moves, the see-saw nature of it kept you (more or less) guessing and added a lot to make it a solid match.

Bunnymania: Filler match, but always nice to see the Divas :wub:

ECW Battle Royal/Title Match: Never been interested in ECW, so this meant nothing but filler to me, but it was nice to see Kane win a title, even if it is in the land of the Extremely Crappy Wrestlers.

SmackDown! vs. RAW: Good win for SmackDown!.....should give them a nice ratings boost.

Belfast Brawl: Always good to see JBL in action, shame he is involved in a completely ridiculous storyline.

MITB: Kinda reckoned Y2J wouldn't win this one, but I would have liked to have seen MVP or Kennedy win.

Big Show vs. Floyd: I was hoping to God that Show would win this, so that someone could finally shut Floyd's big mouth, but alas, my prayers weren't answered. :wub:

HBK vs. Flair: Had a feeling this would be Flair's last outing, but still surprised and saddened me nontheless.

Edge vs. Taker (World Heavyweight Title): Thought Edge would be the one to finally put a stop to the damn Mania winning streak, but the writers seem intent on pushing it as far as it will go.....however, I feel that Edge will be getting the title back soon.

Orton vs. HHH vs. Cena (WWE Title): Totally glad about the outcome of this match :thumbup: .....wouldn't have been bothered if HHH had won the title, just as long as it stayed away from Cena

I really enjoyed the event.

From the comedy of Mick Fizzle and Mr Sizzle, to the lights deciding they'd also had enough during the tedious Bunnymania match (though props go for the fight continuing regardlessly), from the sloppy botched spots in the MITB to the holy spit moment of the Finlay missile being defused by a bin lid.

I thought Flair's match was a pretty great one to bow out on. We all knew he was retiring, and that he'd go out at the Mania, but I really felt that Flair and HBK pulled out the stops. I think the emotion and banter was excellent, right from the "First blood, brother" moment to the end, I'm sure that's how Flair wanted to go out.

The Undertaker match was as good as expected, though the comedy moment of Nick Patrick taking three quarters of an hour to run to the ring - at full pelt - was probably unintentional. The result was great - long live Taker as the champ!

Batista vs Umagagagagaga - to be honest, I switched back to watching The Wire, it really really didn't turn me on at all.

MITB was full of some great spots - the sunset flip/powerbomb/supplex anyone? With a lot of sloppy or otherwise unintentional moments. How can they consistently improve the quality of these matches? I honestly thought that when the two ladders were connected and Morrison ran up it, he'd leap from the top and catch the briefcase, unhooking it before the others could set a ladder there. Props to Punk for a reasonably solid performance though.

Big Show vs Mayweather - ick. I just didn't buy the fact (and still don't) that Mayweather could legitimately beat Big Show. The truth about David vs Goliath is that David gets trodden on.

HHH, Cena and Orton... Dissapointing, but with a few nice moments. Orton keeping the title was the right decision, I think he's a great wrestler and good fella to have holding the company banner.

Chavo vs Kane debacle - never thought I'd see a title squash at the big one. I too wondered if Chavo's got a suspension coming up.

All in all, a pretty great event.

Lets start with the biggest travesty-

Taker beating Edge, how the hell does this benefit anybody. Taker has been past his best for years whilst Edge is consistently the best thing going in WWE full stop. The only light at the end of this very dark tunnel is that hopefully this will be his swansong reign and then he can sod off.

Ric Flair we all knew you were losing, see ya in a couple of months for '1 more match'

Kane winning ECW, who cares, this isnt ECW and hasnt been since the first One Nigh Stand PPV, just finish with it already and move everyone over to the two main shows

Orton retaining did surprise me but im kinda glad. Really surprised HHH allowed someone else to go over again, how long has he been without a title, remember Paul, you practically own the company :)

Divas.......just NO, you want good women wrestling tune to TNA

MITB, glad Punk won it, though i do think he'll be the first winner to not go on and win world title unless he stays where he is. Hes not 'that' over that people would really want to see him as WWE or World champ, that said maybe Cena goes heel, fueds with HHH which frees up Orton and Punk to square off, either that or ship Cena back to Smackdown so i dont have to watch him monday nights.

Was impressed with Mayweather/Big Show and the level of punishment Mayweather took. Heres a guy whos not a wrestler and didnt have to take any of the abuse he did. Sure he was in it for the money but still good show by 'the money'.

Finlay and JBL was nothing but filler to me, i didnt care when Vince had an illegitamate son and i dont care now theyre ignoring the last six months and saying that Finlay is now the father. Someone please just tell JBL to get back behind the announce table and cover up his moobs :)

Smackdown vs Raw, there was only ever going to be one winner, not because they are the best of the two combatants but because of who they are and who they know. Umaga is one of the most under rated performers in the company so to have him lose to for the second Mania running is just a waste. Somebody please tell me how Batista passes any kind of wellness programme??

nice to see that following on from mitb CM Punk loses his first match, doesnt bode well especially if he moves to raw where he'll get lost in the shuffle.

had to laugh at Flairs night too, yeah like we really believe youre never coming back

looking forward to your full report vampess,

i thought it was pretty good, though most of the matches werent much better than what you get on the weekly shows,

heres a couple of 'top 5's' of what rocked n what sucked (in my opinion)

Sucked:

Umaga losing

Cenas brass band entrance

electrical problems

Foley talking shizzle (just wrong)

Floyd who? :D

Rocked:

Kane winning (hey its better than nothing)

Orton winning

money in the bank (though shelton or Morrison shoulda won)

bunnymania :WAVE:

16-0

In reply to jakeblue, as long as Mickie James and Lilian Garcia are employed i`ll stick with wwe.

Having said that, anyone who has a problem with Jillian Hall is okay with me.

In response to the Edge comment, 15-1 doesn`t have the same ring to it. I`m glad that Taker won, let him go out at the top and if that means a perfect record at WM then so be it.

i enjoyed this years wrestlemania. It wasn't as good as some but was alot better than most.

Can't believe nobody mentoined shelton's bump onto the ladder! now thats gonna leave a mark!

oh yeah whats the deal with hbk? when he did the moonsault and landed on the announce table - looked liked he landed very arkwardly and even though he is the king of selling looked liked he had badly winded himself or really hurt his ribs. anyone know if it was anything serious??

Edited by fugaziuk

I haven't got around to watching this years and after reading some comments on here it doesn't sound much cop.

Roll on Lockdown best PPV of the year!

In my opinion it was one of the best PPV events I've seen in years. I even ended up staying up to watch it which I haven't done for Mania before it drew me in from the start and I think you should try to check it out if you can.

And please don't get me started on Total Non-Stop Angle... :WINCE:

i enjoyed this years wrestlemania. It wasn't as good as some but was alot better than most.

Can't believe nobody mentoined shelton's bump onto the ladder! now thats gonna leave a mark!

oh yeah whats the deal with hbk? when he did the moonsault and landed on the announce table - looked liked he landed very arkwardly and even though he is the king of selling looked liked he had badly winded himself or really hurt his ribs. anyone know if it was anything serious??

yeah i was gonna say about shelton benjamin, didnt see him in the match again after that, and HBK did look like he landed very badly on the table, didnt look like he was selling it for effect, look real.

incase you are interested....

thursday 27th march... i went to universal studios, i met Matt Morgan, Earl Hebner and Vince Russo who were all really really friendly. Matt was out chatting to us while having a sneaky cigerette, Earl got a few "you screwed Bret" shouts to which he said he was gonna go to mania on Sunday and screw Shawn, it was very amusing, Vince was just out and about before show time, got pics with all of them.

Finally made it in to the impact zone for the first ever live airing of impact, it was a little unprofessional compared to when ive been to Raw but it was good fun, not every day you get to see Sting and Kevin Nash live. Saw Robbie Highlander inside just before he had to leave due to getting caught on TV by WWE, couldve cost him his job!. Afterwards i got pics with Traci Brooks and Sonjay Dutt who were very nice too.

Friday 28th, WWE Fan Axxess! Met Tommy Dreamer, Nunzio, Eve, Stevie Richards, Charlie Haas, Colin Delaney, Hillbilly Jim and Jimmy Hart, met D-Von Dudley by accident too, everyone was great, got some cool pics! Also met Lance Hoyt from TNA who liked my Transformers tattoo so much he took a pic of it and said he was gonna put it on his myspace, very funny. (bumped into atreyu too, weird). Then went to TNA again, was right down the front, ended up on TV a lot when i watched it this past Saturday

Saturday 29th, Axxess again, met Greg Valentine, Teddy Long, Jillian Hall, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Deuce, Domino and Cherry who were again really nice, Teddy especially. Went to Hall of Fame in the evening which was a great night out, The Rock made it for me, so so funny, Flair was great too but the Rock was the man. on a side note, Flair mentioned Benoit and everyone in the arena popped really big... interesting i thought.

Sunday 30th, Mania, just incredible, may not have been the best Mania ever on TV, ive not watched it back yet but it was an incredible thing to attend, i was in awe from start to finish. So please for Punk winning the MITB, there was a huge pop for Kane winning the ECW belt and despite the heat from Taker's fire i was chilly during the entrance, all sorts of goosbumps. I got a Floyd Mayweather 200 million dollar bill.... cheap git! Saw the firework malfunction but gladly wasnt near it, hope everyone is recovering ok from that.

Monday 31st, Met Cena at a signing, he was a really nice guy, got the spinner title and his album signed and a photo, he is a great guy and im a fan of his so game on. Raw that night was unreal, the whole flair thing was incredible. After it went off air, Taker came down and hugged him then Vince too, they were all cheering him on, great seeing them all out of character!

Tuesday was Seaworld day!

Left Wed and got home Thur, great time all round, roll on Texas 2009!

Edited by snot182

Hey guys hope everyone is great im good didnt want to come home from orlando but hey im here DID U ALL MISS ME that better be a yes I BITE YOU KNOW lol :P

Anyhow just a run down on my trip for anyone who is interested in reading well left Manchester on the long flight to Orlando which let me tell you made me feel sick as the pilot screwed up the landing stupid man scary anyways it was hot when we landing i hate the sun felt like i was going to melt lol i didnt im sure you all would be glad to know.

We stayed at the best western which i heard so much about it being a s***hole i was a little worried about it but it was really nice untill we got a room next to a pack of wild animal who screamed shouted banged and threw up everywhere next door i can tell you we moved our room the following day.

Saturday Night we got all dressed up and went along to the hall of fame which we had s*** seats for upper tier the air con was on far to high i was soooooo cold it just was not funny and we couldent see as there was a massive speaker in our eye shot complained they wouldent move us as they had no where to put us yeah yeah there was so many seats not taken it just was not funny that she was looking at me saying NO silly women.

Still had the best night my camera broke so sorry guys no piccys from there but boy oh boy i got to see My man and for those of you who dont know who that is where have you been under a rock TRIPLE H in a suit i mean wow wow wow i love that man lol sorry.

Well sunday we decided to go down to the citrus bowl about 1 as the fan axess was happening oh my god what a dump it is nothing like i throught it would be as we drove up the road there were people all over trying to get you to park 10 15 20 even 40 dollers not a chance was we going to park our little rental on someones drive no way one guy told us that he had no block ins yeah right.

The smell of mixed food made me feel sick there were loads of people out cooking on big steel drums and stuff fine not a problem but the smell of it mixed yuck anyways we found offical parking and paid 15 bucks rip off lol, walked over and oh my god the place is massive and the place was packed i mean we are talking packed you couldent move anyways what does my other half see the spinner belt and he brought it can you believe it 350 dollers and im moaning about parking richard he is.

Brought a cushion so glad i did as the seat when i got in there when i must stress just getting in was a nightmare it was just a bench backless and hard my cushion well worth 10 dollers lol, we had great seats 2nd tier near the front over the walkway il post the link to my piccys and you can see ow good they are.

Im not gonner go thru all the matches unless you all want me to as u watched it you know i was amazed i was in awe all the way thru i have always wanted to go to wrestlemania live since being a kid and it was amazing i couldent believe i was there sitting at mania the fireworks were awesome and i wasent in the bit were the fire started but didnt look all the good a little boy got really hurt i heard.

Monday night we went to raw seats again were amazing for the price anyhow again the arena we cold so wore my jumper all night oh and i got myself a Triple H bear so proud of it hes mega cute sleeps on my bed lol. the whole weekend just had me amazed want to go again next year but no chance need to win the lottery lol. I couldent believe when it came to an end and we got lost in downtown orlando and got pulled by te police as dizzy head pulled in front of him lol.

We went to universal as well while we were out there had loads of fun meet the simpsons so funny went i figure how to post the links to piccys i shall do anyways i think iv bored you all enough if u want any more info let me know happy to fill you all in lol :thumbup: see u all soon

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2033...p;id=1116706173

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2036...p;id=1116706173

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2031...p;id=1116706173

i think these links work let me know if they dont xx

Edited by vampess

Hey guys hope everyone is great im good didnt want to come home from orlando but hey im here DID U ALL MISS ME that better be a yes I BITE YOU KNOW lol :P

Anyhow just a run down on my trip for anyone who is interested in reading well left Manchester on the long flight to Orlando which let me tell you made me feel sick as the pilot screwed up the landing stupid man scary anyways it was hot when we landing i hate the sun felt like i was going to melt lol i didnt im sure you all would be glad to know.

We stayed at the best western which i heard so much about it being a s***hole i was a little worried about it but it was really nice untill we got a room next to a pack of wild animal who screamed shouted banged and threw up everywhere next door i can tell you we moved our room the following day.

Saturday Night we got all dressed up and went along to the hall of fame which we had s*** seats for upper tier the air con was on far to high i was soooooo cold it just was not funny and we couldent see as there was a massive speaker in our eye shot complained they wouldent move us as they had no where to put us yeah yeah there was so many seats not taken it just was not funny that she was looking at me saying NO silly women.

Still had the best night my camera broke so sorry guys no piccys from there but boy oh boy i got to see My man and for those of you who dont know who that is where have you been under a rock TRIPLE H in a suit i mean wow wow wow i love that man lol sorry.

Well sunday we decided to go down to the citrus bowl about 1 as the fan axess was happening oh my god what a dump it is nothing like i throught it would be as we drove up the road there were people all over trying to get you to park 10 15 20 even 40 dollers not a chance was we going to park our little rental on someones drive no way one guy told us that he had no block ins yeah right.

The smell of mixed food made me feel sick there were loads of people out cooking on big steel drums and stuff fine not a problem but the smell of it mixed yuck anyways we found offical parking and paid 15 bucks rip off lol, walked over and oh my god the place is massive and the place was packed i mean we are talking packed you couldent move anyways what does my other half see the spinner belt and he brought it can you believe it 350 dollers and im moaning about parking richard he is.

Brought a cushion so glad i did as the seat when i got in there when i must stress just getting in was a nightmare it was just a bench backless and hard my cushion well worth 10 dollers lol, we had great seats 2nd tier near the front over the walkway il post the link to my piccys and you can see ow good they are.

Im not gonner go thru all the matches unless you all want me to as u watched it you know i was amazed i was in awe all the way thru i have always wanted to go to wrestlemania live since being a kid and it was amazing i couldent believe i was there sitting at mania the fireworks were awesome and i wasent in the bit were the fire started but didnt look all the good a little boy got really hurt i heard.

Monday night we went to raw seats again were amazing for the price anyhow again the arena we cold so wore my jumper all night oh and i got myself a Triple H bear so proud of it hes mega cute sleeps on my bed lol. the whole weekend just had me amazed want to go again next year but no chance need to win the lottery lol. I couldent believe when it came to an end and we got lost in downtown orlando and got pulled by te police as dizzy head pulled in front of him lol.

We went to universal as well while we were out there had loads of fun meet the simpsons so funny went i figure how to post the links to piccys i shall do anyways i think iv bored you all enough if u want any more info let me know happy to fill you all in lol :thumbup: see u all soon

when you said you stayed in the Best Western do you mean the hotel formally known as the Best Western? Now known as the Econolodge? If so, i was staying there too.... Room 3428 i believe it was, block 3, floor 4...

Im gutted i didnt go round to the backstage entrance for Raw after seeing your pic of Ashley signing... i went round there on HOF day and all we got was a wave from The Rock, fine for sure but i met him before i went to Orlando!

Oh, i bought the Spinner Belt too :P that is what i got Cena to sign on the Monday afternoon

Yeah thats the hotel we were in block 4 on the 3rd floor but then when we moved we moved to block 1 4th floor no good with numbers lol yeah steven got close to ashley cant stand her myself but was nice to see HBK and that :crying:

Hey guys hope everyone is great im good didnt want to come home from orlando but hey im here DID U ALL MISS ME that better be a yes I BITE YOU KNOW lol :(

We went to universal as well while we were out there had loads of fun meet the simpsons so funny went i figure how to post the links to piccys i shall do anyways i think iv bored you all enough if u want any more info let me know happy to fill you all in lol :D see u all soon

when you said you stayed in the Best Western do you mean the hotel formally known as the Best Western? Now known as the Econolodge? If so, i was staying there too.... Room 3428 i believe it was, block 3, floor 4...

Im gutted i didnt go round to the backstage entrance for Raw after seeing your pic of Ashley signing... i went round there on HOF day and all we got was a wave from The Rock, fine for sure but i met him before i went to Orlando!

Oh, i bought the Spinner Belt too :P that is what i got Cena to sign on the Monday afternoon

your photos are really good, you had such good seats, must have been pretty amazing being that close!!