Do the rooms have DVD players?

*puts Florida on the list of holiday destinations*

You should definitely go, it's worth it for the DVD players alone :thumbup:

lols Dvd Players our TV barely worked imagine you've got back in time to the 70's that's what your room will look like

Oh no. That doesn't sound good :D

Edited by Lambourne

She's not exaggerating, I'm 99.9% sure that the rooms were last decorated (and the curtains were bought) in the 70s, BUT! they said that they're refurbishing the place in September, so it should be shiny and new by the time you get there.

yeah the main lot of rooms (floors 1-4) were redecorated in the 70's and they are pretty bad i managed to get a free upgrade for lockdown as i complained bout my room at eclipse.

Still being literally upstairs to the convention is fantastic esp for the parties and free parking and free brekkie are great

Will be interesting to see them in November for Eclipse 2 all of the floors should have been done by then

DVD players? :firedevil: Have you ever been to a hotel that has one?! If so, TELL ME WHERE :blush:

I stayed at a hotel in Beverly Hills last year that had a DVD player, and a 42" LCD screen with programmes in High Def and surround sound. As Borat might say 'Niiice'

I stayed at a hotel in Banff Canada that had a huge tv and dvd player i'd been travelling for 7-8 months without a dvd was soo excited i went out and rented dvds it was soo cool lol

I stayed at a hotel in London that had floor space less than a foot wide, a shower with a hole in the wall, a big blob of leaking gunge on the ceiling and a two way plug socket that was cracked in half. The TV was plugged into that same socket too. Oh, and the sink was about a foot from the beds.

Ohhhh, we're talking about nice hotels. Oh well...

EDIT: I found the photo of the socket, haha...

http://a423.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image...ad300ef62e6.jpg

Edited by Lenatalia

The tv- channels 1-5... then the CRAPPEST music channel i've ever seen, sky1 was just the number 6 flying across the screen in a blur, the sports channel was just the name, and News24 only had sound.

DVD players? :blink: Have you ever been to a hotel that has one?! If so, TELL ME WHERE :o

Whistler, B.C., and some small town in Connecticut. Neither of which were particularly expensive hotels. I guess Whistler as a ski resort has them as something to do in case the ski slopes are closed by bad weather, and the place in CT was in the middle of nowhere, so it's not as if you had great choices for nightlife; a couple of bars, maybe two restaurants, a Starbucks, and... a DVD rental place :thumbup:

*puts Florida on the list of holiday destinations*

You should definitely go, it's worth it for the DVD players alone :thumbup:

*coughWisconsincough*

We have... Glacial landforms! Come for the glacial landforms!!! And the DVD players.