Registration Tickets Being Posted

Jola

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh awesome yeah :)

:YAHOO:

Just a little query (probably been asked before but I've missed it so apologies)... are the gold tickets numbered?

ALL the tickets, whether standard or gold are numbered.

oooh exciting now I really can't wait for them :D Thanks for getting back to me so super quick :dance:

I wouldn't post your actual number online, another organiser advises against it because he's had people trying to take other people tickets this way.

For real :yoda: Man, people can be crazy. Then again, I don't think it's possible with this event as all registration packs have to be picked with a form of identification?

I wouldn't post your actual number online, another organiser advises against it because he's had people trying to take other people tickets this way.

For real :yoda: Man, people can be crazy. Then again, I don't think it's possible with this event as all registration packs have to be picked with a form of identification?

they occasionally ask for ID there too, for this very reason pretty much

For real :YAHOO: Man, people can be crazy. Then again, I don't think it's possible with this event as all registration packs have to be picked with a form of identification?

Even so, it is advised, as a precaution, not to post exact numbers. People really have "stolen" numbers and impersonated others at past events!

Oh yeah I can see that. Just as I think it's insane people will steal ticket numbers I also don't understand why anyone would post theirs to begin with :lol: Unless they state something vague like "I am one of the first 100!!! \o/", what purpose does it have?

• Showmasters Admin

On forums for Convention only events I've seen this.

In a lot of cases people are friends and are either just interested what numbers their friends have or would like to know if their on-line firends will be in the same group as them when going for autographs etc.

I must admit I'd never thought about people stealing other peoples numbers. But I can see how it could happen, if you know the persons name and their number you could just turn up and say you're them.

The only problem is you'd soon be caught. When the REAL ticket owner turned up they'd raise mary hell. They'd be asked to prove they are who they say they are. Then it's pretty simple to catch the person with the stolen ticket. Everyone has to wear their badge so you tell all the crew to look out for the ticket number and grab them when you see them, they will have to go past the main door sometime. And if you don't see them at the door, you wait for them to come to the autograph session, they'll have to show the ticket then, and you grab them.

I'm not sure how they would get away with it unless the REAL owner never turns up.

• Showmasters Admin

It's more a case of the effort involved though! If you had 5 people who stole someones "identity", then imagine the effort involved in locating those five!

Yes, you'd eventually get them, but it's just a waste of everyone's time.

I agree it would be a bit of a pain, but it's not going to take a huge effort to find them. They have show that number to get in to the event, into autograph sessions, into photo shoots. As soon as it's spotted it's game over, no more autos or photos.

As I say the second you know it's happened i.e. the REAL owner turns up. It's not going to take much to give those ticket numbers to the crew and for them to look out for them. They will have to check numbers on the way into auto sessions and photos shoots anyway to check people have been called. So checking quickly that the numbers aren't on the stolen list it's going to take long. You'd know if any of the stolen tickets are in the next group you're going to call so you know to look out for them.

I wholeheartedly agree though it's better it doesn't happen in the first place.

I'm not sure how they would get away with it unless the REAL owner never turns up.

Sylar would know a way.

Yeah, he'd just kill the real owner first :lol:

Edited by Too Tall

I'm looking forward to finding out my ticket number but I have a question about the photo shoot tickets.

When I booked them I paid £2 postage charge but I've read here that I wont get them until the event. So why have I had to pay postage, I don't want to complain, I just wondered why there was a charge especially as I booked them at different times so I have paid the charge more than once.

the postage is for your reg ticket, i think photos werent charged delivery but zola can answer better than me

Thanks, but I booked my photo tickets after that, I booked them pretty much as the guests were announced.

There was a drop down box when I booked my photo's that allowed me to select a £0 price for P&P.

I didn't see that but surely if the tickets weren't gonna b posted the £0 p&p shoud've been the only option? Thanks for the help tho wished I'd asked then. :D

I'm looking forward to finding out my ticket number but I have a question about the photo shoot tickets.

When I booked them I paid £2 postage charge but I've read here that I wont get them until the event. So why have I had to pay postage, I don't want to complain, I just wondered why there was a charge especially as I booked them at different times so I have paid the charge more than once.

I added postage to my photoshoots by mistake, but when I checked my bank account only the photoshoot ticket money was taken without postage charge. So check as you've probably not been charged the £2.00.