Free coaches from Coventry train station to show

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

To help people using public transport to the show, we have arranged with Amadeus Coachways to have couple of regular coaches running between the main Coventry train station and the Ricoh Arena through most of Saturday and Sunday. The coaches will begin running around 8am, and will run roughly every half hour to the Ricoah Arena, with a brief break around midday. They will also be available to run back from the show to the train station in the afternoon, with the final runs around a half hour after the show closes. There is no charge to you to use these coaches.

That's great, thanks! Will you be able to give more information about where exactly the coach will be at the train station, etc? Will there be a temporary sign, etc?

There is only one location at the station where buses and coaches can pick up and put down.

When you arrive at Coventry station, leave the platform area (you may have to cross a footbridge if coming from the south) and go straight ahead down the length of the concourse, and out through the glass doors.

All buses and coaches stop immediately outside these glass doors, and come from right to left.

If you are planning to use this connection, I would advise noting down the name of the coach company - Amadeus Coachways - and looking for their vehicles.

Amadeus Coachways are a small local coach firm, based in Coventry only a little way from the Ricoh Arena, so I'm sure they'll have no problem finding either the station or the Arena.

This is awesome of Showmasters! Getting back to the station from the event on Saturday was going to be a real pain. Does anybody know how long roughly would the journey be? I know it would depend on the traffic at the time but any rough estimate would be great.

20-30 minutes max?

• 2 weeks later...

How do the coaches know you're legitimately going to the event?

Royal Mail managed to lose my ticket, is my confirmation email going to be enough for them?

If anyone is daft enough to get on a coach going directly to the Ricoh Arena from Coventry station, without stopping in-between, and isn't going to the event, I suspect the coach drivers will just laugh at them for being idiots.

With no match on at the Ricoh, I can't imagine they'll check anything. Even if there was a match on, with Coventry City FC's current form, I'd be very surprised if they checked.

I would have thought most people who get on will be checking that it's the right bus first so the don't go completely the wrong direction, lol. That's how the driver will know we're not just using it and not going to CM, also, a lot of people will have things to sign which would be a big clue as to where your're going.

• Showmasters Admin

The bus is for everyone so the driver can't ask for tickets to the show as some people maybe buying them at the show.

I guess he'll check you want to go to Collectormania and most other people will likely not get on the coach as they'll have no idea where it's going.

There is ultimately no way of stopping someone lying and using the coach to get to the Ricoh arena and then not come to the event. That's just one of those things.

Saying that though, it is a private coach. I can't imagine too many people that will A: know it's there B: need to go to that area this weekend and C: have the gaul to get on a private coach they know they shouldn't be on.

Edited by Too Tall