I am...and you are...

River

there were events at Woughton Campus? that must have been a long while ago XD *is supposed to be there right now, but ive been home from college all week because ive got the flu XD*

Yeah, it's where they started out. I don't think they had guests at them (though I vaguely recall Kenny Baker being at one... possibly Cheshunt), they were stall only events and I used to sell comics at them.

wow, thats so cool! *never knew that*

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I am Joe... 25 year old irish guy (but have been living in London for the past 5 years!)

I'm 6ft tall... brown/blonde hair..

Have been to Comic Cons in London, but never to a weekend one... and this one I am going to on my own (since my usual comic con mates cant afford to come to Eclipse... so I am a little nervous about that, but hope to make some friends while I am up there!)

My favourite Heroes are Niki, Claire & Sylar... tho I do really love the cutness of Monica (and Charlie too.. cant wait to meet Jayma at Eclipse!)

Other than Heroes, my fav TV/Movie obsessions are Buffy & X-Men

Music wise, I love standard pop music and US rock-lite/country

So, if anyone has a room they would like to share for Eclipse that would be great... and even anyone travelling up from London on the Friday, would be great to meet up!

And you are.........?

• 2 weeks later...

I am Grant, 34 from Glasgow.

Been doing cons for about 12 or so years. Though only done a few signing events.

Will be at this with a lot of con buddies, but hope to make more as always. I will be wandering around with a drink in one hand and camera in the other, so if a short Glaswegian asks for a picture please smile!!

Fav characters from Heroes are Sylar, Claire, Pater and whoever it is KB is playing :)

Love most of the usual shows BSG, Stargate, Sarah Connor, Lost, Reaper, Bionic Woman, Jericho.

Will admit to being a geek on soo many levels. Work for a hotel company in IT. You may have seen one of the previous owners video's on the net! :D

Will be driving down, love to drive and it don't cost me anything which is always good.

Hope to see you all at the bar! First round on Lena......

:YAHOO:

I'm Barbara, I'm 27 years old and this is my 3rd convention of this type, or seventh of general conventions (I actually help run one but it's not tv/sci-fi related).

I am 5'8", with long brown hair and am unfortunately very large :P My twin sister will be attending the convention with me (I like to drag her along to everything) she is not very large though lol so we won't appear too obvious I think :D

My favourite Heroes - are Zach, David, Milo and Kirsten - but I really like many of the others too! :)

Hobbies I guess would be watching obscene amounts of mainly US tv, and movies, collecting retro toys, and going out with my friends, especially parties where i can make cocktails! lol

I love driving around in my car - and spent most weekends away visitng friends all over the country. My dream is to one day drive coast to coast across the US (i have infact done this before, I lived on a tour bus for a year and travelled all over the US, canada & mexico -up the alaskan highway & back down again :P - with my family when i was a child, but I actually want to drive myself this time lol)

Anyhow, that's more than enough about me...you down there! Yes you! Hello! :blink: Do tell us all about yourself?

I'm paul, 28 from really small village in bedfordshire. Have been to all mk collectormania,a few lfcc, even some at wembley exhibition center. big darts fanatic, even beaten eric bristow the other week in an exhibition. fiirst weekend con but am really looking forward to it. like most random tv buffy, family guy and all Taratino films, he is a God and would love to meet him.

Edited by The Rizla

hi im James, 21

been to a couple of events before and im really looking forward to eclipse, only couple of weeks left

Im currently in my final few weeks of studying film and english at wolverhampton uni (cant wait to finish)

im a huge heroes fan - my fav charachter is deffo nathan

im a massive comic book geek - (especially superman) - my room is like a shrine to superman, lol, i have all the dvds except just missing the Kirk Alyn Seriels which have yet to be released in the UK and last series of Lois and Clark grrrr hate being poor, got tonnes of comics, (think it drives my gf a bit mad whenever i go to shows im drawn to them like a magnet) got some autographs aswell as you may tell from my sig although not enough autos i would like though

anyways i'll be at the convention with my girlfriend, lizzy, hope to see everybody there.

Hi Im 44 and called Dave .

I am taking my 12 year old daughter :mellow:

"We have been to several cons but not with Sm we are going to Gmex the week before (next week :unsure: )

to see Jimmy Jean Lewis among others

We are staying at the Ibis and will hit all the traffic because I have to pick little miss up from school

I work in a boring warehouse as a crane driver and work shifts .

My daughter is a con veteran and has been to about 7

Anyway waffling on see everyone in a fotnight :whistling:

Well I'm Jola and I'm the Online Shop Queen who processes all your orders, deals with your ticket queries and sends out the 1000's of orders for all the shows, among other bits and bobs I do for SM.

I've been doing SM events since C2, been to loads of other events by other organisers and I've lost count of the number of conventions I've been to, whether it be as a crew member, an organiser or just an attendee :(

In my spare time (what the hell is that??!!) I'm also a mother to a gorgeous 6 (nearly 7) year old. Her social life is better than mine what with parties, school activities etc. LOL and as a Mum I have to deal with homework issues (yes, thing young :P ) as well as keeping her occupied at home etc etc etc. LOL.

I love catching up with my friends and I've met some truly wonderful people through the events that I can now call "Best Friends" where we hook up and generally cause mayhem ;)

I love my hip hop music, my R'n'B, Swing and Old School. You'll find me on the dance floor getting drunk at the event working alongside Too Tall and other crew members making sure everything is ok and that you all have a good time.

Just keep bits of paper and envelopes away from me that weekend ;)

im new here and i dont really know anyone on here/or going to eclipse so i just thought id make a "getting to know you" type thread (its probably already been done so please dont hunt me down if it has)

anyways......

I am Sarah, im 24 and from Leicestershire.

I have never been to a convention before.

Im short and blonde

My Favourite Heroes cast members are Zach/Hayden and Milo

Im into music and bands big style

I like travelling, but not on trains as they always seem to go wrong for me!

Im accident prone

and you are....

:)

Hi I'm Ian I'm 28 years old and work for the Police.

This will be my first convention but I've been to 2 signing days, where I met Hayden amongst others.

I'm 5ft 11inc and dark.

My fav heroes are Hayden and Greg.

I love telly, Heroes obviously but love 24, CSI and things like that.

I'm also on Myspace, you can message me at www.myspace.com/ianferris1

Just mention Eclipse, it would be nice to get talking to some people that are going as I'm going on my own as I know lots of others are also.

Well I'm Jola and I'm the Online Shop Queen who processes all your orders, deals with your ticket queries and sends out the 1000's of orders for all the shows, among other bits and bobs I do for SM.

Can I just ask where your name comes from.....I have a friend named Jola (pronounced Yola) and she's originally from Poland - totally off-topic....but I'm 'a little bit nosey' :D

Can I just ask where your name comes from.....I have a friend named Jola (pronounced Yola) and she's originally from Poland - totally off-topic....but I'm 'a little bit nosey' :D

Correctamundo :o

I was born over here but my family hail from Poland and settled in England after the second world war :D

Hello, my name is Brendan. I'm 27, originally from New Zealand I now live in London.

I'm pretty new to the whole convention scene (although, I did attend the one and only BTVS Con in NZ back in early 2001).

I am a total entertainment junkie.

I’ll give most genres of music a go but have a passion for electro/pop and singer/songwriters e.g. Girls Aloud, Kylie, Tori Amos, Sugababes, Madonna, Rufus Wainwright, Jewel. Anything you can dance/sing along to is alright by me.

I watch waaaaay too much television. Am currently obsessed with Heroes(obviously!), Grey’s Anatomy, Lost, The Office, Friday Night Lights, Battlestar Galactica, Project Runway and Gossip Girl among others. Previously obsessed with Buffy, Angel, Popular, Six Feet Under, Felicity, Roswell, Veronica Mars, Melrose Place, The O.C., Alias, Queer As Folk, Deadwood….the list goes on!

Anyways, can’t wait for Eclipse (I'm a lucky Gold Pass ticket holder!). See y’all in a few days.

B.

Edited by B.Mar