Astro Guests

prendy9160

I have been to all the shows but now we need to see some new astros at the shows, there are only a few that have not been now and we need to see soem fresh faces, it is really nice to see them at the shows but most people have now meet them so the following would be great to bring to the UK

Harrison Schmitt Apollo17

Frank Borman Apollo 8

Bill Anders Apollo 8

Mike Collins Apollo 11

Vance Brand Apollo-Soyuz

John Glenn Mercury 7

Joe Kerwin Skylab

Ken Mattingley Apollo 16

Jim Mcdivvett Apollo 9

Bill Pogue Skylab

Dave Scott Apollo 15

Dave/garry have always done a great job in bring over from the USA other astros, but the above are the few that they have not been able to bring so here is the challenge, can you meet that or not

I have been to all the shows but now we need to see some new astros at the shows, there are only a few that have not been now and we need to see soem fresh faces, it is really nice to see them at the shows but most people have now meet them so the following would be great to bring to the UK

Harrison Schmitt Apollo17 - NEVER done a show

Frank Borman Apollo 8 - NEVER done a show (was supposed to attend Spacefest 2007)

Bill Anders Apollo 8 - NEVER done a show

Mike Collins Apollo 11 - NEVER done a show

Vance Brand Apollo-Soyuz - NEVER done a show

John Glenn Mercury 7 - NEVER done a show

Joe Kerwin Skylab - 1 show, Spacefest 2007

Ken Mattingley Apollo 16 - NEVER done a show

Jim Mcdivvett Apollo 9 - NEVER done a show (was supposed to attend Spacefest 2007)

Bill Pogue Skylab

Dave Scott Apollo 15 - NEVER done a UK show

Dave/garry have always done a great job in bring over from the USA other astros, but the above are the few that they have not been able to bring so here is the challenge, can you meet that or not

As I understand it, Garry is no longer working with Showmasters. As for a challenge, the astronauts that have NEVER done a show before would I believe be nigh on impossible to bring to a UK show. I hope to be proved wrong though :D

Harrison Schmitt Apollo17

Frank Borman Apollo 8

Bill Anders Apollo 8

Mike Collins Apollo 11

Vance Brand Apollo-Soyuz

John Glenn Mercury 7

Joe Kerwin Skylab

Ken Mattingley Apollo 16

Jim Mcdivvett Apollo 9

Bill Pogue Skylab

Dave Scott Apollo 15

I agree. I'm with you all the way.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I missed Gene Cernan so I'd like to see him come back.

A couple more names though are

Bob Crippen

Story Musgrave

Gordon Fullerton

Joe engle

Hoot Gibson

I'm sure I've missed someone.....

Ken

Frank Borman

Bill Anders

Tom Stafford

Mike Collins

John Young

Ken Mattingly

Harrison Schmitt

Gene Kranz

But I'm always pleased to see ANY Apollo era astronaut :)

Chances any of the above will attend ANY show (to sign) are remote to say the least. I would like to be proved wrong however.

• 4 weeks later...

How about the folowing space voyager's...

Helen Sharman,

Michael Foale,

Nick Patrick,

Piers Sellers,

Should be easy, they are British....

Regards all

von Dawson's Express

If you have read a book called (Do my ears pop in space) by Mike Mullane it will tell you all active astronauts can not charge for there autographs so thats Piers Sellers & Michael Foale out. :thumbup:

How about the folowing space voyager's...

Helen Sharman,

Michael Foale,

Nick Patrick,

Piers Sellers,

Should be easy, they are British....

Regards all

von Dawson's Express

Unfortunately, Michael Foale would not be allowed to participate, being still active with NASA.

But super suggestion in Helen Sharman. Dave, please use your diplomatic skills to see what you can do in this direction. Helen would generate a tremendous amount of interest and pull in a lot of people.

Just to let you know, I asked Patrick (Moore) unfortunately Piers (Sellers) is in America most of the time and unable to come, but just to check this I will ask again and try to call Piers when I am at Patricks this week.

Simon Rundle

As the years roll by, we probably need to accept that Mercury / Gemini / Apollo Astros are going to become less likely to attend UK events, sadly....

How about some of the early Shuttle pioneers?

Hoot Gibson

Bob Crippen

Rick Hauck

Joe Engle

Story Musgrave

Steve Hawley etc etc

These guys would all be fantastic to meet, IMHO!

David Bryant

www.thespace-station.com

As the years roll by, we probably need to accept that Mercury / Gemini / Apollo Astros are going to become less likely to attend UK events, sadly....

Hoot Gibson

Bob Crippen

Rick Hauck

Joe Engle

Story Musgrave

Steve Hawley etc etc

David Bryant

www.thespace-station.com

Yes, absolutely. they would be welcome within the premier league of choices. No need to wait for an absence of MGA astronauts. The above are all names well worth chasing. Good selection, David.

Hoot Gibson

Bob Crippen

Rick Hauck

Joe Engle

Story Musgrave

Steve Hawley etc etc

David Bryant

www.thespace-station.com

I really have to return to this one, because I firmly believe that this is one of the best suggestions ever for a list of astroguests. Lets move on to the shuttle era with greater emphasis. i constantly hear for calls for new ideas on the astronaut front. If we stick for ever with MGA inevitably we are going to have repeats as we exhaust the list of those who are willing to participate. I am not saying I don't want to see them again, but I am saying that there are icons out there who have spent their lives working on the Shuttle.

If you would like to see any of them, please support David and myself by asking the organisers to see what they can do.

Andy

Has anybody got any further news on the ‘Apollo 13’ rumours yet?

:headscratch:

I did hear from another source that Fred haise has said that he knows nothing about coming t Autographica.

But you know what its like when the rumour mill starts grinding!

I heard the same thing, isn't the big bash in Florida with Jim Lovell and Fred Haise only a week or so after Autographica? Then again Edgar Mitchell is supposed to be appearing at that one and has been semi-confirmed (in a roundabout kind of way) for Autographica so who knows!

I heard the same thing, isn't the big bash in Florida with Jim Lovell and Fred Haise only a week or so after Autographica? Then again Edgar Mitchell is supposed to be appearing at that one and has been semi-confirmed (in a roundabout kind of way) for Autographica so who knows!

Yes, the rumour about Fred Haise actually came from Sy Liebergot, who had actually spoken to Freddo about this very matter. That's got to be a pretty reliable source.

Fred Haise is in UK near the time as he is to address The West Yorkshire Astronomical Society on October 10th.

Robert Lee (Hoot) Gibson would be a fantastic guest http://www.astronautix.com/astros/gibson.htm

Am not sure but I think he divorced his wife, another astronaut, Dr Margaret Rhea Seddon http://www.astronautix.com/astros/seddon.htm

Shame really, they would have made a great team at the same table at a future Autographica...

Perhaps another astronaut couple would be willing to attend?

Regards

von Dawson's Express