Any chance of a One Tree Hill con?

luvyourlife

I know that there are a lot of fans of the show One Tree Hill and I was wondering what the chances were of either having a con specifically for either OTH itself or OTH and The OC, or having guests from it at a signing of Showmasters?

I'm sure I'm not alone here in wanting to meet James Lafferty, Chad Michael Murray, Hilarie Burton, Sophia Bush and the gang? There are some amazing people that you could have from this - Tyler Hilton and Bethany Joy Galeotti both being musicians who could perform as well as appear for talks etc. I really love this show and I really love a whole range of characters, including Battlestar Galactica's Michael Trucco as Cooper. <3

:D:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Edited by sarahlilly

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that there are a lot of fans of the show One Tree Hill and I was wondering what the chances were of either having a con specifically for either OTH itself or OTH and The OC, or having guests from it at a signing of Showmasters?

I'm sure I'm not alone here in wanting to meet James Lafferty, Chad Michael Murray, Hilarie Burton, Sophia Bush and the gang? There are some amazing people that you could have from this - Tyler Hilton and Bethany Joy Galeotti both being musicians who could perform as well as appear for talks etc.

:lol::D:D:wub::wub::wub::wub:

I TOTALLY agree!!! I know LOADS of OTH fans!!! Craig Sheffer anyone?!?!?!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i know of one of them, don't know about the other and can't find anything online. :( i'd much rather SM did one though, they organise them really well.

the one company that is doing one did a really bad con for supernatural and i will probably never go back to one of their's. lol. showmasters for me... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One of those companies has cancelled their OTH con, and the other may have done an event you didn't like in the past, but everybody has managed that before. Everything is a learning experience. I'm afraid if you want to go to a OTH con, you may just have to brave it. You may find it has improved.

Just playing Devils advocate - for the record, I do not wish to discuss other companies on this board.

• Moderators

Yeah, I'd have to say OTH has done a lot better than The OC.

Regardless of The OC's bigger more mainstream profile initially, OTH has strived to offer a more stable and creatively solid series, and succeeded.

I'd have to say the time is far too late for The OC to have a convention.

One of those companies has cancelled their OTH con, and the other may have done an event you didn't like in the past, but everybody has managed that before. Everything is a learning experience. I'm afraid if you want to go to a OTH con, you may just have to brave it. You may find it has improved.

Just playing Devils advocate - for the record, I do not wish to discuss other companies on this board.

When people are paying hundreds of pounds for tickets, hotel, autographs, etc. then running an event as bad as those organisers (terms used in the losest sense possible) did is simply uneceptable.

As to if they have improved at all, I go with the saying "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." When somebody puts on an event as shambalic, disorganised and chaotic as the one I attended (my daughter was reduced to tears), then I won't go again in the hope that they might have improved.

oh isnt it wonderful to b.itch about other companies without even knowing what you're talking about? their last convention was as good, if not better, than any of the SM events I've been to.

Im actually gonna agree with the above, there last one was mint. Thats all im saying.

But as a viewer of both the OC and OTH, The OC failed to do anything good in its last season, unlike OTH which gets better and better : )

And a con for that is far more possible.

• Moderators

OTH never got over 9 million views like the OC did :P

So we should expect an American Idol convention or an Eastenders convention because they are both pretty much the most successful programmes ratings-wise in the US/UK?

Nope. Doesn't work like that.

Unfortunately viewing figures is not a simple reflection on the quality of a show :P

Plus take into consideration what network The OC was on compared to OTH.

And on an unrelated note, can people PLEASE stop talking about the other event! Regardless of whether you liked it or not, it's still another organiser and I don't want to have to get this topic closed. Thank you :smile:

oh isnt it wonderful to b.itch about other companies without even knowing what you're talking about? their last convention was as good, if not better, than any of the SM events I've been to.

I do know what I am talking about, thank you very much. I am speaking from personal experience.

I paid for three tickets (myself, my husband and our daughter) for their event last year, and the convention was horrific and stressfull. If I had attended for free I would have been angry with it, but after paying so much for tickets I was appaled by the complete lack of anything even close to being organised.

I said that I went to one of their events, it was terrible, won't go again, and am not interested in trying them again incase they have gotten any better. They should not have run an event last year if they didn't know what they were doing. I think that is a fair comment, and spoken with experience.

Why not tell my daughter, who was actually crying at the last event because it was so bad, that she doesn't know what she's talking about because she won't go back?

I think that SM are so much better than the other ones that it is unbelievable. Your entitled to your opinion, and I will hold to mine.

Just seen DavidB's post after I had made mine.

Sorry! Said my stuff and will keep to SM events from now on.

OTH never got over 9 million views like the OC did :angry:

So we should expect an American Idol convention or an Eastenders convention because they are both pretty much the most successful programmes ratings-wise in the US/UK?

Unfortunately viewing figures is not a simple reflection on the quality of a show ;)

And on an unrelated note, can people PLEASE stop talking about the other event! Regardless of whether you liked it or not, it's still another organiser and I don't want to have to get this topic closed. Thank you :angry:

Sorry DavidB, read your post after I made mine.

Said my piece, so now I'll just stick to talking about SM (and hoe they should do a Supernatural con!).

• Moderators

That's fine ;)

If anyone else wishes to reply to comments etc, may I suggest either talking on another organisers forum, or simply through email and messaging services.

OTH never got over 9 million views like the OC did :D

Unfortunately viewing figures is not a simple reflection on the quality of a show ;)

And on an unrelated note, can people PLEASE stop talking about the other event! Regardless of whether you liked it or not, it's still another organiser and I don't want to have to get this topic closed. Thank you :lol:

I would like to see either OC or OTH guests, but agree a full con for either of these events would maybe not be the best idea. But one or two guests for a milton keynes or manchester i think would work a treat.

Edited by lovbug