Any chance of a One Tree Hill con?

luvyourlife

Okay this topic went waaaaaaaaaaay off track. The original idea was:

OTH convention please Showmasters!!!!!!!!!! <333

Personally, I love both The OC and OTH and would love guests from both. A joint convention would be sooo awesome. Or even just stars of both shows for Collectormania etc.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sarahlilly, as has been said already in this thread, there is already a One Tree Hill convention happening in this country this year.

Well, if you look on the forum for that event, the organiser has said that they are likely to cancel the convention.

I'd suggest checking out their forum and seeing the state of play before commiting money towards a ticket, as you could end up losing it.

Stick with Showmasters I say.

sarahlilly, as has been said already in this thread, there is already a One Tree Hill convention happening in this country this year.

Well, if you look on the forum for that event, the organiser has said that they are likely to cancel the convention.

I'd suggest checking out their forum and seeing the state of play before commiting money towards a ticket, as you could end up losing it.

Stick with Showmasters I say.

I can tell you for a fact that the other OTH convention will not be cancelled. It may be moved to another venue or the emphasis changed, but it will not be cancelled altogether, simply because too much money has already been spent on it. How do I know this? Because I speak to the organiser almost every single day. And I'm jdsmylover on that forum, just so you know, and I have not only committed money towards it, I've paid for a Diamond ticket, and I have faith that it will happen in some form. As for 'losing' the money, be careful what you say. A previous convention by that organiser was cancelled yes, but everyone got their money back. There is no risk of losing any money on the ticket, no matter what happens.

Edited by jael001

• Moderators

Sorry but can I please refer everyone back to what I asked like a month ago - if there's in depth conversation about another organiser than please take it to their forum, or to messaging services/email.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Im totally for this idea.......I don't care who else is doing a One Tree Hill Convention........Nobody does it like Showmasters.

Maybe they could test run the idea by having a couple of guests at Collectormania and seeing how popular they are.

One Tree Hill is one of the best shows on telly at the moment and we know the cast are up for signing at conventions.

• 2 weeks later...

I can tell you for a fact that the other OTH convention will not be cancelled. It may be moved to another venue or the emphasis changed, but it will not be cancelled altogether, simply because too much money has already been spent on it. How do I know this? Because I speak to the organiser almost every single day. And I'm jdsmylover on that forum, just so you know, and I have not only committed money towards it, I've paid for a Diamond ticket, and I have faith that it will happen in some form. As for 'losing' the money, be careful what you say. A previous convention by that organiser was cancelled yes, but everyone got their money back. There is no risk of losing any money on the ticket, no matter what happens.

You were saying?

Let's hope for the sake of all involved that the refunds DO go out.

• Showmasters Admin

And to repeat what David B has said, please leave discussion of other companies' events off this forum. I don't care if the comments are good, bad or indifferent about those other events, they have to stay off this forum.

• 3 months later...

Anyway, i shall bring this back on topic then!

I would love a One Tree Hill convention. I'm a huge fan of the show, it's one of the only decent dramas showing right now. (I'm already having withdrawal symptoms, the winter break is driving me insane already!)

Or, to spark more interest, we could just have a big con for loads of Dramas (past and present)? That would be really cool, and I'd definitely be the first to jump on board, even if it was late next year or early 2010.

I know that, but I'd actually go to a Showmasters one!

All I wanted with this thread was to suggest that Showmasters do an OTH convention, I don't want controversy and all that.

OTH is a hugely popular show and it could be a cool event.

Edited by sarahlilly

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We NEED this convention. I would be so extremely happy - Please Please Please do one for us :D Love you SM ;)

I've started watching this show since you recommended it on msn!

I had season one on DVD but never actually watched it before since it was a gift and I didn't really know what it was! So far, so good ;) ;)

OMG It would actually make my life to have a one tree hill con. The show just got picked up for a 7th series so its good timing, because lets be honest, it cant last forever.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us have a one tree hill con while we still can. Like jodierawr said, im willing to beg for this. In fact, lets be honest i sort of already have. PLEASE?

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee SM! I love One Tree Hill SO MUCH and I'd so love a convention, i know loads of people who would go too - it would eb erally awesome and teh cast are actually LOVELY and they love doing events like this, it'd be so amazing to meet them again!