PHOTO OPS TIMES AND DAYS - UP TO DATE Sat & Sun

showmasters

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

:whistling: Torri is doing a photoshoot.

Now all I have to do is somehow try and get my ticket whilst I'm crewing.

But that shouldn't be a problem

Can't wait for saturday to come

Just talk to your Pit Boss in the morning and let them know you need to get a ticket and need go to the shoot. As long as they know they will be able to sort it out. Please don't try to just go off and get one.

I will let my pit boss know :D .

Two more questions

Since crew don't finish until after the con has closed for evening

Where do I pick up my Photo with Torri from?

Don't they get put away for the next day or can still I pick it up when I've finished for the evening?

Don't worry, we'll get your photo to you, or you to your photo.

so is it possible to get tickets for a sunday guest on the saturday then?

Yes, you can buy Sunday photo session tickets on Saturday.

oh cool. I'd like to get some on the sat for james marsters on the sun. I have no enty tickets tho so id have to queue for them beforehand and then get the photo tickets. what would be the best time to arrive at the gmex to avoid disspointment. I was thinking of 8am to start queuing?

• Showmasters Admin

so is it possible to get tickets for a sunday guest on the saturday then?

Yes, you can buy Sunday photo session tickets on Saturday.

oh cool. I'd like to get some on the sat for james marsters on the sun. I have no enty tickets tho so id have to queue for them beforehand and then get the photo tickets. what would be the best time to arrive at the gmex to avoid disspointment. I was thinking of 8am to start queuing?

For photo tickets you'll be more than fine at 8am. Most people will be running off to get VTs, you just make a bee-line for the Org booth to get your James photo tickets.

You may want to conisder being there earlier, I've read in other posts, that alot of people seem to be attending James's concert in Wales, and then coming up for the Sunday only.

I would'nt be surprised to see a queue forming before 8am for either those who need to buy their entry tickets, or those who already have them.

It's also a case of people come early in case that they can't stay the whole day due to other commitments as well.

So, you may want to consider being there earlier, as based on what I've read online, James is going to be somewhat busy on the Sunday.

You may want to conisder being there earlier, I've read in other posts, that alot of people seem to be attending James's concert in Wales, and then coming up for the Sunday only.

I would'nt be surprised to see a queue forming before 8am for either those who need to buy their entry tickets, or those who already have them.

It's also a case of people come early in case that they can't stay the whole day due to other commitments as well.

So, you may want to consider being there earlier, as based on what I've read online, James is going to be somewhat busy on the Sunday.

thanks

on the sunday my train wont let me get there til 10 - i just checked. is that too late even for an autograph and how long will it take to queue and get in?

• Moderators

Hard to say - if you go straight to James' queue and get a virtual queue ticket then you should hopefully be ok, assuming you can wait around for a few hours before getting your autograph.

Stuff like that really just depends on how many attendees there are, and how many are meeting James.

Based on C11, James seems to get through auto's pretty fast so even with a photoshoot and a lunch break, he should get 600+ done if C11 is a good basis!

I arrived at 7.30am at C11, put the girlfriend (!!) straight in James' queue and got VT #200 ish. Auto was done by midday and he did photo's in the morning.

Yeah i am one of those coming up from Cardiff but with it being a 4 hour drive i know myself and a lot of others wont be getting there till opening time or later Gebes if this helps plus the saturday event with James was a limited thing so you wont get like thousands of us descending on manchester.

Edited by buffy2k

• Showmasters Admin

We are thinking of arrive before the GMEX opens, but seeing as the weathers a bit dire at the moment, will there be any shelter, locals cafes or toilets closeby?

There is nothing specific that I know of. And of course if you go and hide you'll loss any place you had in the queue. When the show opens at 9am Sat and 10am Sun, there will be a queue of WELL over 1000 people there.

I'd bring an umbrella.

1000 people is that at 10am on the sunday or at 11am?

If the guests only sign about 600 autos in the day this says to me that if you arrive at 11 you have no chance of getting auto tickets for the larger guests as they will all have gone with the people who pay the extra to get in and even then if all 1000 want to see one guest some of those are going to be disappointed.

I myself am driving up from Cardiff leaving early in the morning but still not likely to get there till 1030-11ish so does this mean i have no chance of seeing James or Kristine as all their tickets for autos and photos will be gone in which case its not really worth driving that far?

IMO, I'd be amazed if Kristine is VT'ed all day Sunday. James will be, but I'd have thought 11am should be ok based on C11 experience.

but say if I arrive at 10 without a preboked enty tickets, and have to queue and then go in and get a VT..will there be any Vts left after queing? and how long do you think Iwill be in the queue ?

• Showmasters Admin

1000 people is that at 10am on the sunday or at 11am?

If the guests only sign about 600 autos in the day this says to me that if you arrive at 11 you have no chance of getting auto tickets for the larger guests as they will all have gone with the people who pay the extra to get in and even then if all 1000 want to see one guest some of those are going to be disappointed.

I myself am driving up from Cardiff leaving early in the morning but still not likely to get there till 1030-11ish so does this mean i have no chance of seeing James or Kristine as all their tickets for autos and photos will be gone in which case its not really worth driving that far?

If you get there AT 10am, there will likely be over 1000 people in front of you with early-bird tickets (or waiting to get early-bird tickets). There are 2 queues.

If you get the AT 11am, there will be likely be over 1000 people in front of you with normal tickets (or waiting to get normal tickets).

People start to queue from 6-7am. And so if you get there at exactly the opening time there WILL be a lot of people in front of you. Please don't let this put you off. This is normal for all the shows. It doesn't mean you won't get to see the guests you want.

If you join the back of the queue AT the opening time I would say it will take you maybe 10-15 minutes to get in if you have a ticket and maybe 15-20 mins if you are buying one on the day.

If you read the FAQ it does have advice on when you need to get to the show to see specific guests.

There will be over 1000 people in front of you but NOT everyone of them will be getting the same VTs as you! You may come through the door as number 1000 but you can quite easily get ticket 150 for a guest because other people are off getting other tickets first. Being 1000th in the outside queue does NOT mean you will not see the big guests, far from it.

Kristine you will have on problems with seeing at all. James will be busy but based on C11 as long as you are there before 12 midday you will get a ticket and you will see him.

Showmasters, will Adrian be taking Jimmys photo session places now?

Having sessions on both days ?

As far as I'm aware yes that is the case.

SMs will now be in Manchester sortin gout the show, so it may take some time for the changes to be made.

IMO, I'd be amazed if Kristine is VT'ed all day Sunday. James will be, but I'd have thought 11am should be ok based on C11 experience.

but say if I arrive at 10 without a preboked enty tickets, and have to queue and then go in and get a VT..will there be any Vts left after queing? and how long do you think Iwill be in the queue ?

Yes there will likely be VTs left. It really depends who it is you want?

It'll take about 15-20 minutes to get in.

how long do you get to be with a guest during the photshoots? Is it like a rapid 10 seconds click and then onto the next person? Do they do 6 photos a minute or something?

Yes it is a quick, come in, say hi, smile, picture taken, picture checked (retaken if not OK) and out.

If you want to talk to the guest you need to go see them at their autograph table.

Edited by Too Tall

Well I want to see James on the sunday.

But looking at trains, I have a choice between arriving and queuing (without a prebooked) at 9.40 or 8.30. I'd ather not do the 8.30 one because I'd have to get up extremely early. So would queuing at 9.30 without prebooked tickets be ok and gunarantee seeing James?

• Showmasters Admin

Well I want to see James on the sunday.

But looking at trains, I have a choice between arriving and queuing (without a prebooked) at 9.40 or 8.30. I'd ather not do the 8.30 one because I'd have to get up extremely early. So would queuing at 9.30 without prebooked tickets be ok and gunarantee seeing James?

At C11 he had an open queue by the end of every day so you would have defo seen him. At Manchester he's only doing one day so I can't be 100% sure but I'd say you have a every good chance.

James has a lot of very loyal fans and so he's one guest I can never be 100% sure about, and no one can guarantee you'll see James.

Edited by Too Tall