This might be a silly question but ...

King Steve

• Moderators

I don't believe it's ever been explicitly said how he actually 'takes' the power, but it's a common assumption that through his intuitive aptitude he's able to see how the person works and where their power is based - which is generally suggested to be the brain by Mr Suresh, hence all the messyness.

Whether he 'steals' the power, or learns the specific workings behind the power, I don't think we quite know .. yet?

*edit*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylar

If you look at the 'acquired power' bit of that, it gives a little bit of possible details (potential spoiler?).

Edited by DavidB

• 3 months later...

While we are on the subject. What can sylar do that we didnt see him steal, as he was killing alittle while before we the viewer got to know about him?

well in season 2 peter uses one power that has not been seen yet which he had obtained from sylar (kring confirmed it had not yet been seen)

• 1 month later...

I know this an old topic but...

I don't think Sylar eats the brains....His orginial ability of mastering complex systems wouldn't make much sense otherwise if he was to just 'eat the brains' otherwise everyone would do it to gain the abilities.

I feel that he works out how the 'evolved human' brains are making the ability (perhaps with faulty/defective DNA) then somehow alters his own DNA to take on the power. He is, in some way, 'evolving'.

Might be why he said 'it's an evolutionary imperative' :unsure:

Just my opinion on things :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Sylar figure come with a brain? To me that suggests that the people who made it think he gets the powers from eating the brains.

He gets the power FROM the brain, which is established as "the soul exists in the brain", "Suresh was right it's all in the brain" and other references made in the show. However, the big question remains what he does with the brain: look at it (he has books on deciphering brains in his home), eat it, inject it, throw it against a window, who knows?

As for the action figures, I am pretty sure the people who made them know a lot less about the characters than the writers or even the actors.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Sylar figure come with a brain? To me that suggests that the people who made it think he gets the powers from eating the brains.

He gets the power FROM the brain, which is established as "the soul exists in the brain", "Suresh was right it's all in the brain" and other references made in the show. However, the big question remains what he does with the brain: look at it (he has books on deciphering brains in his home), eat it, inject it, throw it against a window, who knows?

As for the action figures, I am pretty sure the people who made them know a lot less about the characters than the writers or even the actors.

Exactly - I mean, look at Mohinder's middle parting in his action figure;) Case closed.

Yeah sorry .... point taken I mean if Sylar comes with a brain - he must eat it right? ... :poki:

I think everyone knows what a joke those figures are (although I have pre-ordered mine) :o

tracy tracy tracy what have i told you ...doing voodo on the sylar figure will not gain you zachary quinto.....

i think that he studies the brain then disposes of it some other way then eating it , i meen what if someone with the same ability came along and followed him and stole the powers the same way....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I heard somewhere that he eats the brains. If not, then he must at least inject himself with some blood from the brain. Since the powers are in the DNA, the he's need to get that DNA into himself some how, either through eating, or getting blood from a curtain part. One question though, if he doesn't eat them, wouldn't someone have found one of the brains by now? It can't be THAT easy to dispose of all those brains, lol!

I'm sure I heard somewhere that he eats the brains. If not, then he must at least inject himself with some blood from the brain. Since the powers are in the DNA, the he's need to get that DNA into himself some how, either through eating, or getting blood from a curtain part. One question though, if he doesn't eat them, wouldn't someone have found one of the brains by now? It can't be THAT easy to dispose of all those brains, lol!

You could just whizz them in a blender...then pour them away :firedevil: Just an idea - not that I've tried it :YAHOO:

I like to imagine he's like Link in Ocarina of Time with the heart containers - the same music plays, he lifts the brain above his head and it floats there for a moment before disappearing and he gains its power!!!!

Aaaaand, just to give a vague idea of what I'm on about, I've made it...

Edited by Kenny

• 3 months later...

in one episode molly did say "he eats your brain" weather she was saying it metaphorically or litterally i don't know but i agree with the fact if he just ate the brains then thats not really a power... its just a tad twisted lol

maybe we shall never know.

as for the blender idea YOURE ALL SICK....

... save me some brain? ;)

*evil laugh*

Edited by HAYDEN'S HERO