OK, Just relised this

trekkie101

Robert Picardo's Birthday is on the weekend of C12! How incredible is that?

Thats cool, though don't think anyone will/should be buying him a birthday present, as he will be getting enough through the money he makes through fans going to see him....

Though I will be saying happy birthday and all, as he's a really nice gentleman, have seen him a few times before and he never disapoints....

:blink:

LLAP :P

• Moderators

Thats cool, though don't think anyone will/should be buying him a birthday present, as he will be getting enough through the money he makes through fans going to see him....

:P always nice to see people spread the birthday cheer :blink:

:lol: always nice to see people spread the birthday cheer :P

haha!!

I take it you read what I wrote under that?

:blink:

LLAP :borg:

Are you aware that, if you have 23 people in a room, there is slightly more than 50% chance that two of them will share the same birthday? This means that it's slightly better than 50% that two of the GUESTS at C12 will have their respective birthdays on the same date...

What do you think of that then?

Are you aware that, if you have 23 people in a room, there is slightly more than 50% chance that two of them will share the same birthday? This means that it's slightly better than 50% that two of the GUESTS at C12 will have their respective birthdays on the same date...

What do you think of that then?

I think there's somebody else with internet access at work and too much time on their hands ;)

Robert Picardo has been on my 'maybe' list of guests to see. I'm not a Star Trek fan but I have seen him in an episode of one of my favourite 90s series Early Edition and heard his voice in Total Recall, voicing the memorable robot taxi driver Johnny.

Robert Picardo has been on my 'maybe' list of guests to see. I'm not a Star Trek fan but I have seen him in an episode of one of my favourite 90s series Early Edition and heard his voice in Total Recall, voicing the memorable robot taxi driver Johnny.

Even if you don't get an auto, get a talk ticket if you can. He's very amusing :headscratch:

Even if you don't get an auto, get a talk ticket if you can. He's very amusing :YAHOO:

I might consider that. I have thought about getting a talk ticket this time. It just depends on when the talks for the various guests take place. I read somewhere on here in the past week that it's up to a 30 minute walk to where the talk is. I would have thought it would be where the convention is. However Collectormania is held in a shopping centre and not in a venue where they would have rooms for Q & A talks. That's just an assumption of mine.

DON'T confuse statistics with maths OR EVEN WORSE real world events!!!!

????

Probability theory is always interesting. The reason that this appears to work is because of an anomoly in the underlying maths. This doesn't translate to a statistical probability in the real world.

I spend a lot of my time trying to explain, to students, why you need to be VERY careful about relating statistics to real world event. (and normally they still fail to grasp the concept)