who gets the gravy?

dijon1322

thankyou obiton for the support its only like when you buy petrol you wanna know when your cash is going its not rude

not rude, no. However, when have you ever asked where your money went when you buy petrol?

I know people who do not know the ins and outs of events would like to look on the rosie side of things and imagine the guests will arrive for free if you ask them, sign for free all day long etc... but in reality it just doesn't happen like that. There are massive costs involved in running an event like this.

Imagine each guest wanting to fly to and from the UK first class, then add their manager / agents / friends, hotel costs for these people, staff for the event, the venue, advertising, printing costs... the list goes on.

As for the guests doing the event for free. We have to remember what their jobs are. If they are signing at this event, the chances are they have had to put off auditions, publicity events or a number of other things.

99% of guests are more than happy to meet their fans, but they also have to make a living, as do showmasters.

at least that's what i would assume happens. I wouldn't want to run one that's for sure.

Edited by KB

The guests obviously wouldn't do it for free, they're a commodity with a value (sorry, but it's true!), and how they get paid would probably depend on the level of guest, their particular preference for 'payment', how popular they're expected to be...I should imagine that some get a flat fee, some a percentage, and some a combination of the two. And equally obviously, Showmasters make money, either by a remainder percentage of signing fees or by the total fee if a flat fee is paid.

And as to petrol, who thinks about where the money is going??? If you did and had any deep seated morals, you'd never buy it!

Depends on the type of event and the guests.

A lot of fan run events that I have been to for things such as transformers do not have charges for signatrues. When I went to the big american transformers event they too did not charge evenr for the voice actors.

Instead they had a set fee which also included the cost of accomodation.

With events such as the LFCC its all down to negotiaiton between the guest and the organisers. Some would get a fee and accomodation, some will just get the money from the autographs minus the cost of the photos(normally stumped up by the guests management) and the cut the venue normally takes.

The cost of the charge is up to the guest themselves or their management( rmeber they ahev out lay costs as well).

So sya for example, Hayden has 20.00 charged for each signature, take off a pound for every photo, then say 4 pounds for the lfcc management, then her management get say 10 %, 10% for pr, the money for assitants,e tc so in the end she'd prolly see about 6/7 pound sof that initial 20 go in to her pocket.

Then again it all depends on the deal struck so it will always vary from guest to guest with more in demand/harder to get people getting the better deals.

Edited by Neurie

Just after they closed Patrick Stewart's queue, the guy managing his queue (the chap who was shouting out the VQ numbers) told us that Patrick charged a set fee of £5,000 per 250 signatures. That means for every £25 paid, Patrick would get £20.

Just after they closed Patrick Stewart's queue, the guy managing his queue (the chap who was shouting out the VQ numbers) told us that Patrick charged a set fee of £5,000 per 250 signatures. That means for every £25 paid, Patrick would get £20.

Whoever told you that was incorrect in doing so. It's not for crew to discuss such matters, and so i would take that with a large handful of salt.

Maybe so, though why would he need to lie about such things? He also could've refused to answer.

For reference, it wasn't me that asked but a disgruntled fan standing next to me that also wasn't lucky enough to get to see Patrick.

I think it was asked in that moment of bitterness where they felt like they'd paid out for nothing and that Patrick would get his money regardless of how many signatures he did. The answer was given with the best of intentions implying it was in Patrick's financial interests to sign as many as possible because it would mean he got more money rather than a fixed fee.

Just to clarify.

Crew, and that includes Pitbosses.. DO NOT and never HAVE or WILL have information regarding money.

That is strictly between Showmasters and the guest/agent. We dont need to know, thats why we are not told.

I dont know why you were told this information BN7. Or why the crew member attempted to answer it.

OK, cool, though there is no need to SHOUT!

All I am doing is sharing what I heard with my own ears on a topic where it appeared relevant.

Clearly as what you say is true, then the guy was lying to the person he was speaking to.

Thanks for clearing it up!

• Showmasters Admin

Obviously we can't go into detail, but we do believe in a fair days pay for a fair days work. I know you understand that it wouldn't be right to expect a guest to pay for all their expenses of getting to and staying at an event and then working hard all day for nothing, no matter how much they love their fans!

Andrea

cool thanks everyone for your replys on this matter guys some interesting stuff with issue i think your right reading between the lines we get the idea why these celebs turn up its a bit of both both the cash and the public awareness....moral is nowts for nowt!!

Whoever told you that was incorrect in doing so. It's not for crew to discuss such matters, and so i would take that with a large handful of salt.

Reading between the lines it seems that it was the agent who said this rather than a crew member. Showmasters should never reveal how they operate - it would enable their rivals to undercut them/offer more money to guests.

Reading between the lines it seems that it was the agent who said this rather than a crew member. Showmasters should never reveal how they operate - it would enable their rivals to undercut them/offer more money to guests.

It was definitely the guy managing the queue, I was about 2 feet away from him for the last 45 minutes of Patrick's signing, hoping he'd get to my number.