photo with milo-adrian (where are they)

indy

I wasn't told to keep my hands by my side. I did keep them by my side, but that was mostly because I didn't have the nerve to actually put my arms around them, and it would have been awkward for me anyway, I think. But I don't see how you could offend Adrian by touching him. It probably wasn't his own request not to be touched, more likely the photographer's. :)

Just wanna repeat that I was working in the photoshoots area on Sunday and it was Milo who began the no touching rule actually. Adrian, the bodyguards and Malcolm the photographer just went along with it.

Was that you handing out those tiny tickets? I was worried they might've disintegrated in my pocket before getting the photos!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that was me. I was terrified of dropping those tickets everywhere while handing them out! Dunno why Malcolm made them so small but I think maybe next time they should be made at least the same size as the VQ tickets.

the whole event was just one big money spin

I know people have complaints, but I never understand this one. What do people actually think the Showmasters organisation/business is actually for? Charitable events for fans or something?

Perhaps people have complaints, because when you paid for something, you want to have something for your money...

Of course people have differents reasons to be unhappy : people who had tickets were unhappy because of the conditions of the events (because there was to many people), and people who had no tickets would want that SM sell more tickets... It's normal...

But I think SM would have decided to sell less tickets so that the conditions of the photoshoot would be less painfull...

That's why so much people tell that yesterday SM was just there to do money... And i think they're right.

It's the work of SM to know how much ticket must be sold for a 60 minuts (or 90 minuts) photoshoot session...

SM don't organise Charitable events, but it doesn't explain all what's happened...

And i think with your "charitable events for fans or something", you're just insulting people who paid so much money (train, hotel) for coming to SM events...

From what I saw, Adrian let people put their arms around him but as I got closer, I noticed this guy put his arm around Milo and Milo politely declined and put the guy's arm down. After that, he whispered something to Adrian and from then on, people had their arms down their sides with Milo using one hand to hold down each person's arm. I thought that was a bit strange.

I've been thinking about this and I wonder if it was something to do with saving time? I was quite early on and put my arms round both of them and they both put their arms round me and I can't see why that would suddenly change and they suddently wouldn't want to be touched anymore. I just thought maybe they thought it would speed things along if people literally walked to the spot, click the photo, walked away cos the manovering both arms round their waists (swoon) did take an extra couple of seconds.

Just a thought. But at least they didn't flinch at my touch so that's something to keep me happy :D

Maybe someone put their hand somewhere they shouldn't!

I always prefer to see what the guests do - to me it seems a nicer gesture if they willingly put their arm around you as opposed to being grabbed by over enthusiastic fans.

ha ha ha - damn, yes that was me, my hands strayed a little south.....

JOKING!

Yeah good idea to follow their lead, they did both put their arms out so I snuck in the middle and put my arms round them, it would have been a tussle otherwise if they were trying to hold my arms by my side and I was fighting to get my arms round their necks :P

As I say thought, the fact they starting off with arms round people and it changed, just made me wonder if it was a time saving thing to get everyone seen. It was wonderful of them ALL to do everything they did for us.

• Moderators

Perhaps people have complaints, because when you paid for something, you want to have something for your money...

Of course people have differents reasons to be unhappy : people who had tickets were unhappy because of the conditions of the events (because there was to many people), and people who had no tickets would want that SM sell more tickets... It's normal...

But I think SM would have decided to sell less tickets so that the conditions of the photoshoot would be less painfull...

That's why so much people tell that yesterday SM was just there to do money... And i think they're right.

It's the work of SM to know how much ticket must be sold for a 60 minuts (or 90 minuts) photoshoot session...

SM don't organise Charitable events, but it doesn't explain all what's happened...

And i think with your "charitable events for fans or something", you're just insulting people who paid so much money (train, hotel) for coming to SM events...

I'm not 'insulting' people whatsoever - I just never understand when people complain with a similar line to "Showmasters just want to make money!". It's like it's a crime or something for a business to want to make money, which is absolute rubbish.

You get what you pay for:

Photo Shoot = PHOTO.

£15 Per Autograph = AUTOGRAPH.

You get the point.

You, nor anyone else, know the ins and outs of Showmasters' financial dealings with these events - you don't know how much the venue costs, how much the guests cost etc etc. These things aren't the huge money spinners that you'd think. It's not as simple as "Oh, they're making 1000 x £20!!!" or something.

People can demand so much sometimes, and don't stop to consider anything other than themselves. Once you work an event, and realise everything that goes into it, you see a whole different side to the events and realise it's never as simple as you'd think it would be.

So you can take me as 'insulting', but I find it 'insulting' when people throw the money accusation out there.

I'm not 'insulting' people whatsoever - I just never understand when people complain with a similar line to "Showmasters just want to make money!". It's like it's a crime or something for a business to want to make money, which is absolute rubbish.

You get what you pay for:

Photo Shoot = PHOTO.

£15 Per Autograph = AUTOGRAPH.

You get the point.

You, nor anyone else, know the ins and outs of Showmasters' financial dealings with these events - you don't know how much the venue costs, how much the guests cost etc etc. These things aren't the huge money spinners that you'd think. It's not as simple as "Oh, they're making 1000 x £20!!!" or something.

People can demand so much sometimes, and don't stop to consider anything other than themselves. Once you work an event, and realise everything that goes into it, you see a whole different side to the events and realise it's never as simple as you'd think it would be.

So you can take me as 'insulting', but I find it 'insulting' when people throw the money accusation out there.

I was gonna say around about the same thing David cept maybe without the working for the event :borg:.

Thing is people choose to go to these events, and choose to spend out all the money they did. So as long as they get what they want out of it, I see no reason for complaint. Yes a few things bugged me, but I'm letting that pass my mind cos I had a wonderful time :P.

Edited by Catmoo

• Moderators

There'll always be room for improvement, don't get me wrong. No crew is ever perfect, mistakes are made etc etc, and SOME things can hopefully work better next time.

It's just there are some demands that people make that'll never be fulfilled because they're so unrealistic. We'd all love to get quality time with the guests and all of that but it's not gonna happen. Conventions are more relaxed if people want that sort of thing :P

Fact is, whether SM are "just in it for the money" or not, no one forces us to give our money to them. At the end of the day you have to decide whether or not you're prepared to hand over your hard earned cash for an autograph/photo.

I never imagined I'd get the chance to meet people like Milo & Adrian at an event like this - yep, I was only in their presence for a few seconds (and couldn't think of anything coherent to say to Milo while getting his autograph so just...looked) but I got to meet them and got autographs/photographs I never thought I would. Yes, the weekend cost me a fair amount but that was my decision.

Only thing I would say...next time can SM stick a few more crew members in the bag collection area? Those poor girls!

It's funny - all that moaning in the World Tour thread about the lack of opportunity to meet the cast as opposed to in other cities etc and in the end, cattle market though it was, we probably ended up with the best opportunities to meet the cast out of everyone. Remember the people in France queuing from 4am and then only 100 or so people let in? Having to choose which actor you wanted an auto/photo with (I can't remember the specifics).

(OK, I spent so long rambling that Catmoo got in first and said it all anyway!)

Edited by fray101

• Moderators

Yeah, we actually did pretty well. I ended up getting all 4 autographs from them at the Eye on Friday, then Photo Shoots with them all on Sunday, so we certainly ended up with decent opportunities to meet them all! Sure it was manic, but we all knew it would be!

I spent more than I ever have at an event, and I had to rush around even more because I had to take breaks from crewing to do it, but I've got awesome photos with all the Heroes people and that can never change :P

Fact is, whether SM are "just in it for the money" or not, no one forces us to give our money to them. At the end of the day you have to decide whether or not you're prepared to hand over your hard earned cash for an autograph/photo.

I never imagined I'd get the chance to meet people like Milo & Adrian at an event like this - yep, I was only in their presence for a few seconds (and couldn't think of anything coherent to say to Milo while getting his autograph so just...looked) but I got to meet them and got autographs/photographs I never thought I would. Yes, the weekend cost me a fair amount but that was my decision.

Only thing I would say...next time can SM stick a few more crew members in the bag collection area? Those poor girls!

It's funny - all that moaning in the World Tour thread about the lack of opportunity to meet the cast as opposed to in other cities etc and in the end, cattle market though it was, we probably ended up with the best opportunities to meet the cast out of everyone. Remember the people in France queuing from 4am and then only 100 or so people let in? Having to choose which actor you wanted an auto/photo with (I can't remember the specifics).

(OK, I spent so long rambling that Catmoo got in first and said it all anyway!)

I totally agree, and hey if more people say the same thing thats cool ^__^, oh yeah and that totally agree was for the bag collection girls, they probably were short of staff due to the constant need of them, but those girls were amazing that they still managed to polite and everything, my hats off to them...whoever they are ^__^.

Shame the world tour didn't bring Masi Oka here...but then again I think lfcc would have been twice as busy :P.

There'll always be room for improvement, don't get me wrong. No crew is ever perfect, mistakes are made etc etc, and SOME things can hopefully work better next time.

It's just there are some demands that people make that'll never be fulfilled because they're so unrealistic. We'd all love to get quality time with the guests and all of that but it's not gonna happen. Conventions are more relaxed if people want that sort of thing :borg:

I completely agree. I'd never been to a con before, and yes there were some things that I felt were not worked out very well and which were frustrating, but overall I had a good experience and I got to meet and see everyone I came for.

I think a lot of people had this huge sense of entitlement. I was queueing for the Adrian&Milo photo and I overheard a guy complaining he'd just gotten his Hayden auto and that she was so disinterested... well, what did he expect? She's 18 years old, she's been signing for hours on end, of course she's gonna be disinterested, she's tired and bored. These actors are just people too. They get bored, and tired, and hungry after a while. They too were seated in a dark, stuffy hall and were just as frustrated by that as we were. Their hands must've hurt from signing for so long. Of course they're not going to respond to you as if you were the greatest thing since sliced bread. I had my auto from Hayden, and that was at the end of the day, and she was indeed clearly tired and fed up but she smiled at me and greeted me politely as she signed for me, and I was more than satisfied. I felt she was a real trooper for keeping it up like she did.

Here's a stupid comparison - when I was 18 I had a weekend job at a supermarket as a check-out girl. Trust me that after an hour or 5, repetitive work gets REALLY frustrating, and that's what signing is too - repetitive work. And also trust me that I was a lot ruder to my end-of-the-day customers at times than Hayden was to the end-of-the-day fans! :thumbup:

That said, I'd really appreciate it if someone could answer my questions with regards to the photos, I'm really sort of worried about them, cause they have to travel so far overseas and stuff :P What happens if my photo gets lost in the mail, or if I accidentally get someone else's?

• Moderators

All the photos are backed up, so if it gets lost I think they just send another one .. it's not like it's the only version of that photo in the whole world or whatever :P

Same with if you get the wrong one.

I'm just grateful I got a chance to see them at all. I would never have got an autograph as my ticket number was too high. Those poor boys must have been absolutely knackered by the end of it all. I'm guessing that if they'd done both days, it would have spread things out a bit for everyone, but Sunday was all they could do and everyone did what they could in the circumstances, IMHO. I just hope they come back again some time.

I did manage a "Hi, guys," as I slipped in there (I was near the back of the queue so it was going insanely fast by then), made eye contact with Milo (but didn't have time to look at Adrian - sob!) and Adrian said something back (aahhh, that voice), but I have no idea what it was - it was such a blur. But still, it was awesome to be with them. Petrelli sandwich! :WINCE:

(I just pray I don't look too mingin' in the photo, especially as they both looked so classy.)

Edited by CosmicAvatar

I was chatting with William Mapother, he said because he was doing a photoshoot, he wasn't allowed to do over the desk photos, this was when he had open que,

just putting that out there,

JA

I am so glad you posted this cos it confirms eveything I thought already. The photoshoots make huge amounts of money in a very short amount of time so it's clear that if the only way to get a pic witha a guest is through a photoshoot people are gonna pay that extra. Take me for example, last year I wanted to meet Nathan Fillion and get a pic with him. He was only doing a photoshoot so I had no alternative to pay for that as well. If he was doing photos over the desk I would not have paid for the photoshoot. End of as simple as that. Photoshoots are just a way of making more cash. I don't have an issue with people making money I just wish the organisers would admit to it rather than all this crap like 'its just in addition honest'

I was chatting with William Mapother, he said because he was doing a photoshoot, he wasn't allowed to do over the desk photos, this was when he had open que,

JA

I am so glad you posted this cos it confirms eveything I thought already. The photoshoots make huge amounts of money in a very short amount of time so it's clear that if the only way to get a pic witha a guest is through a photoshoot people are gonna pay that extra. Take me for example, last year I wanted to meet Nathan Fillion and get a pic with him. He was only doing a photoshoot so I had no alternative to pay for that as well. If he was doing photos over the desk I would not have paid for the photoshoot. End of as simple as that. Photoshoots are just a way of making more cash. I don't have an issue with people making money I just wish the organisers would admit to it rather than all this crap like 'its just in addition honest'

Actually, someone posted that it was William's choice. Showmasters would allow posed photos. Robert Englund said that he thinks it's unfair to do free photos because others are paying, and William agreed and adopted the same policy. The guest's choice, not Showmasters'.

JA

Actually, someone posted that it was William's choice. Showmasters would allow posed photos. Robert Englund said that he thinks it's unfair to do free photos because others are paying, and William agreed and adopted the same policy. The guest's choice, not Showmasters'.

I'm not totaly disagreeing but let's look at it from another point of view then. Say your the guest and you know you stand to make a lot of money from doing the photoshoot. You also know that if you don't do over the counter photos people will get forced to pay for the photo. So by stating you wont pose for photos over the desk you will make more cash. So that's what a lot of guests are going to do which is fair enough cos why shouldnt they. So whether it was intended or not, with the creation of the photoshoot it has meant that guests that would have otherwise posed for photos wont any more. Which means we have to pay twice the price. Fact.

I doubt that the guests make a huge amount of money from the photoshoots, to be honest. Maybe Hayden, Milo and Adrian who had phenomenal queues.

Also, perhaps some people would have both? I would happily have had both a paid photo and one over the desk. I know many others who feel the same.

I think a lots of people on the forum must change their nickname in "Showmasters little dog" :smile:

(I think this title would be adapted for one particularly...)

What's good for SM is that you're not in the SM Communication Team...

I'm sorry but this LFCC was just "une énorme usine à fric" where SM used actors do make money...

So you can speak together and S... SM again as you do, but the majority of people who was there has seen what's happened...

But why SM did not announce on the website before... that Patrick Stewart just signed 2 hours... Is it true that SM knew just friday evening that Tori would not come... ? The list of questions is very long... Do you believe really that SM did not know that before...

This week-end was a big Money time for SM and you can tell what you want... it was :lol:

But it's so easy for you to believe that SM work was so perfect and so amazing :YAHOO:

Edited by sebastianillyria

I've been thinking about this and I wonder if it was something to do with saving time? I was quite early on and put my arms round both of them and they both put their arms round me and I can't see why that would suddenly change and they suddently wouldn't want to be touched anymore. I just thought maybe they thought it would speed things along if people literally walked to the spot, click the photo, walked away cos the manovering both arms round their waists (swoon) did take an extra couple of seconds.

Just a thought. But at least they didn't flinch at my touch so that's something to keep me happy :YAHOO:

I'm still jealous about that and I'm sure it'll probably look stupid with arms down but at least Milo personalised his auto for me. :smile:

I doubt that the guests make a huge amount of money from the photoshoots, to be honest. Maybe Hayden, Milo and Adrian who had phenomenal queues.

Also, perhaps some people would have both? I would happily have had both a paid photo and one over the desk. I know many others who feel the same.

I would've done both if I could.

Is it true that SM knew just friday evening that Tori would not come... ? The list of questions is very long... Do you believe really that SM did not know that before...

Yes it is true that they only found out themselves as I was standing next to Jason when he literally came off the phone informing him of that!

Is it true that SM knew just friday evening that Tori would not come... ? The list of questions is very long... Do you believe really that SM did not know that before...

Yes it is true that they only found out themselves as I was standing next to Jason when he literally came off the phone informing him of that!

This woman has totally no respect for all what you're doing if it's true... And it's not her first time...