General Event Questions & Queries

Hi there, first of all I just want to say how excited I was when I heard there was going to be a Heroes convention in England that I could actually go to, but I do have a problem with buying a ticket. When I'm on the credit card information page I am asked for the card's Issue Number but mine and none that I have looked at seem to have it on. I tried just leaving it blank but it wouldn't let me proceed with the booking until I had filled it in. I was hoping someone could give me some advice on what to do because I would really like to buy a ticket before the Gold ones all run out.

Thanks for any help.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a Switch card? This should the only one where an issue number is required.

Unfortunately I have never seen such a card myself (we don't have these in Germany), so I have no idea where to look for it on the card.

You could try calling Massive Events, this was suggested in another thread about credit card problems.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Hi there, first of all I just want to say how excited I was when I heard there was going to be a Heroes convention in England that I could actually go to, but I do have a problem with buying a ticket. When I'm on the credit card information page I am asked for the card's Issue Number but mine and none that I have looked at seem to have it on. I tried just leaving it blank but it wouldn't let me proceed with the booking until I had filled it in. I was hoping someone could give me some advice on what to do because I would really like to buy a ticket before the Gold ones all run out.

Thanks for any help.

This has been mentioned a few times before and I don't have an issue number either. I estimated what it was and it went through just fine. Perhaps you can do that too? If they have any problems with that date they'll contact you

Just wondering... when you say all gold pass holders/first 100 ticket holders are guaranteed front seating, are you actually going to be holding off 200 seats? It seems a little unfair that the first person in line is going to be at least 10 rows back...

Edited by Psychosis

I can understand it for getting the gold, obviously, but I don't really think it's a reward for those who get standard tickets early - more of a punishment for those who have lives and jobs (or not even) that don't pay them soon enough to buy the tickets right now. I've never been to a convention before where so many seats are taken away from the general public of the con (a third of the seats available!).

A good incentive would be to give them something extra - WITHOUT taking something away from everyone else. For example, at other cons, the first 100 ticket holders are given a cocktail party with the guests. That doesn't take anything away from everyone else, but it does give them something extra. This way punishes the rest of us by rewarding the fastest/richest.

Edited by Psychosis

• Moderators

Well you can see it that way, but it'd be unfair to change it now I'm afraid - it's already been stated, so they can't suddenly tell the ticket holders they won't be getting priority seating.

I'm sure they'll take everything on board for future events.

However, you could say these events arguably always reward the richest - those who can afford gold tickets etc. I can't, so I have to miss out on stuff, but that's just the way things go.

I doubt every single person will attend every talk anyway.

Edited by DavidB

Oh, I don't mean for them to change it now. I'm sorry if this comes across as disrespectful because I really don't mean it to. I just think that weekend conventions are new to both Showmasters/Massive Events, or am I wrong? I think it's important that as they grow and put on more events, they need to learn to find ways of rewarding early buyers without punishing late buyers to do so. Taking away seating from late buyers to give to early buyers is a reward to them and a punishment to us. A better option (just a suggestion of course) would be to put on a party, or give them an extra autograph token, or give them something else, without taking away from the late buyers to do so.

• Moderators

It's not disrespectful - like I said, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to take suggestions on board for future events, both from what's being offered now, and feedback after the event. It's valuable to any organiser after all :smile:

Conventions are technically 'new' to Showmasters (and Massive Events has been created just for them!), but one or two do have convention experience from previous ventures.

I just wouldn't worry too much about it - I'm sure we'll all have a great time regardless of where we're sitting etc! I don't want spend the event thinking 'oh great that Gold persons getting all this free stuff!' or something, so I hope you won't spend the event feeling like you're being punished! :smile:

I have a question - myself and three friends have all bought our Gold tickets - will the seating be guaranteed by ticket number (ie, this is seat #1, ticket #1 sits there, etc) or will it just be a section for Gold ticket holders and any Gold holder can sit anywhere in the Gold section?

• 2 weeks later...

can a child have a gold programme? i was just wondering as im 15 and im unsure whether i can get one due to the cocktail party (will i be able to attend that?!)

also what are the chances of getting hayden and milo to go to this con seeing as they went to LFCC - i couldnt get there as i was playing football

thanks jake

I was wondering if there is any other way of buying a ticket than with a credit/debit card (which I don't have) & are you doing a payment plan?

If I am bringing my son (age 6), will I have to register him, even though I don't have to pay for him? Do kids get any of the free autos?

Also will photo studio tickets be sold at the event, as I can't buy online in advance?

Thanks. :blush:

Edited by Starbuck73

Hi there ^^ I was wondering if there's any way we can keep our tickets once we walk through the door? I'm a packrat - I adore keeping momentos from whatever I do.

Could they be marked in some way so it's clear to see they've been used? Or kept so we can collect them at the very end or something? Pretty please? :) I'm coming all the way from Australia for this event - I want to be able to remember it! lol

Hi there ^^ I was wondering if there's any way we can keep our tickets once we walk through the door? I'm a packrat - I adore keeping momentos from whatever I do.

Could they be marked in some way so it's clear to see they've been used? Or kept so we can collect them at the very end or something? Pretty please? :) I'm coming all the way from Australia for this event - I want to be able to remember it! lol

At those weekend conventions you usually get to keep your ticket. 99 percent of the people will be there Sunday as well after all, so they need to re-use it. ;)

I know we were allowed to collect the entry and photoshoot tickets from LFCC afterwards, BUT I FORGOT!! (I was flailing too much over meeting Dominic and William). I still regret it ;)

Glad to hear we can probably keep tickets from the convention though, so I can at least not forget again...

Ohhh you mean a badge? Yeah I saw people at LFCC with Gold passes and they wore large badges around their neck o.O I kinda hope we don't have to wear something that big, but I have no idea about that as I've never been to a convention like this before.