Latest Guest Announcement Kenny Baker

I saw him at Celebration in LA. The poor guy is not looking too good these days.

Ive got his auto from Autographica. He and his wife are great. Friendly and at that event allowed as many photos as you want to be taken with him and big Dave Prowse. (at drinks party)

They have always been a great pair.

But it really hits home on how old these guys are getting when you see Kenny taking a five minute break in a wheel chair with a medic and then see him wheeling around with an oxygen canister.

They have always been a great pair.

But it really hits home on how old these guys are getting when you see Kenny taking a five minute break in a wheel chair with a medic and then see him wheeling around with an oxygen canister.

They're both in their 70's now...

• 2 weeks later...

After just visiting and reading a lot on the board I felt it was time to participate on this forum, mainly because I have a question regarding Kenny.

He has a role in the movie Labyrinth as a part of the Goblin Corps. Does anyone of the members here know which one he is? I know there are a lot and that nobody may know which one he is, but it's worth trying.

If possible can someone PM/email me a screenshot or photo if you know which one he is, because I really want to get an autograph on a Labyrinth photo.

Thanks in advance :(

The only time Kenny wasn't pleasant to me was when I was asking for a signature on a pic that had already been signed by Anthony Daniels - seems the rumours about them not getting on may be true...!

May be true ???

THEY HATE EACHOTHER.

The only time Kenny wasn't pleasant to me was when I was asking for a signature on a pic that had already been signed by Anthony Daniels - seems the rumours about them not getting on may be true...!

That's why I did it the other way around :drunk:

Do we know why they hate each other? Is it because Daniels dismissed Kenny as being in all 6 films or is there some deeper darker reason. Although I've heard that quite a few of the regulars don't get on Mayhew and Baker for example although Mayhew and anyone seems more appropriate!

I think it was Eric Walker (Mace in Ewok Movie) that complained about Peter being grumpy and off with his fans as well as his fellow co-stars.

I'll be honest and say Mayhew won't go down as one of the greatest meetings of my life, of the two I think I could have held a better conversation with Chewbacca! He seems to have that big film star mentality but unfortunately he isn't one!

I got Kenny Baker to sign an Item that Anthony Daniels had already signed so I don't think thats a hard and fast rule, but then again he was trying to chat up some girl in the queue behind me at the time so probably didn't notice Daniels' signature!

Edited by Count Fooku

I'll be honest and say Mayhew won't go down as one of the greatest meetings of my life, of the two I think I could have held a better conversation with Chewbacca! He seems to have that big film star mentality but unfortunately he isn't one!

I got Kenny Baker to sign an Item that Anthony Daniels had already signed so I don't think thats a hard and fast rule, but then again he was trying to chat up some girl in the queue behind me at the time so probably didn't notice Daniels' signature!

I got Tony to sign a picture that Kenny had previously signed and he had no problems. Maybe it's only Kenny who has an issue doing this?

Thing is it can't be that rare for either of them to be asked to sign something that the other has signed so I can't see it being a really big deal. Its not like Prowse's thing with James Earl Jones which must be a bit rarer.

I agree. I think they'd prefer to remain professional despite any rumoured personal disputes.

Thing is it can't be that rare for either of them to be asked to sign something that the other has signed so I can't see it being a really big deal. Its not like Prowse's thing with James Earl Jones which must be a bit rarer.

I agree. I think they'd prefer to remain professional despite any rumoured personal disputes.

I heard a German convention runner say Daniels told him that he "doesn't want to go on stage with a disabled person who looks like a freak". If thats true then I don't blame Kenny for disliking Daniels.