Thursday Night Metting in London

lee_c00per

Main problem with MH will be the queues. I know there is a virtual queuing system but as MH is only signing for 3 hours people are gonna have to queue up outside the event to get the virtual queuing tickets. Plus the hyperspace/fanclub ticket holders will have to queue up before this on the friday to get their lanyard which allows them to get in early. This means the hyperspace/fanclub members will likely be later than the regular ticket holders. Crazy. Think I will wait till he does a showmasters appearance so I can get a gold ticket to queue jump.

Edited by gobo1979uk

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£85?!!! Your having a laugh! That's on top of the entry fee. There is no way I can afford that. I have rent and bills to pay. When he was announced I thought that I would go but now I won't. I still hope to meet him at some stage but only if the price is realistic.

Just some information for you.

If you need to collect your tickets you can do so from 7:30am Friday morning (from what I understand this will apply for collecting tickets for each day)

Hyperspace members will also be able to collect there Hyperspace lanyard at 7:30am as well this will be from a different booth.

Mark Hamill is £85 per autograph and it is limited to two autographs per person, they will have some photos for you to purchase (I think they will be £3 just like all the other ones will be) or you he will sign you own item. As we probably all expected no posed photos with MH.

at the SM event where they had carrie fisher...lol,that was a SM event,wasn't it? i'm sure it was... the last LFCC? my memory is going,sorry... anyway,we were told to expect to be herded through the process,but i was very lucky and got to have a little flirt with her-forgot to ask for a dedi,but we had a little chat and she was super-cool,and dead sexy...

now,that was...what? thirty five quid? pretty good,a chance to meet the princess and get a great memento...

but eighty five quid...?i'm not sure... it's actually a lot of money,isn't it.

but on the other hand,it's luke flippin' skywalker!!!

wa-hooo!!!

but on the other hand,charging eighty five quid...it'a a little egotistical,isn't it?

it's not like he's the star of the century,is he... and charging yay much for his signature... it's not going to increase his standing in the human race,or bring him an oscar nomi... or anything... i don't know...

it addles my brain when i think about the whole concept of getting stars signatures,and paying lots of money for the 'priveledge'...

would you give,say... oh,i don't know... richard dean anderson off stargate seventy five quid if you bumped into him in the street for his signature,saying you happened to have a stargate dvd in your bag,quite by chance...?

somebody help me...

at the SM event where they had carrie fisher...lol,that was a SM event,wasn't it? i'm sure it was... the last LFCC? my memory is going,sorry... anyway,we were told to expect to be herded through the process,but i was very lucky and got to have a little flirt with her-forgot to ask for a dedi,but we had a little chat and she was super-cool,and dead sexy...

now,that was...what? thirty five quid? pretty good,a chance to meet the princess and get a great memento...

but eighty five quid...?i'm not sure... it's actually a lot of money,isn't it.

but on the other hand,it's luke flippin' skywalker!!!

wa-hooo!!!

but on the other hand,charging eighty five quid...it'a a little egotistical,isn't it?

it's not like he's the star of the century,is he... and charging yay much for his signature... it's not going to increase his standing in the human race,or bring him an oscar nomi... or anything... i don't know...

it addles my brain when i think about the whole concept of getting stars signatures,and paying lots of money for the 'priveledge'...

would you give,say... oh,i don't know... richard dean anderson off stargate seventy five quid if you bumped into him in the street for his signature,saying you happened to have a stargate dvd in your bag,quite by chance...?

somebody help me...

To my knowledge Maki did not come with Carrie the last time she came over, so I think that helped, just look at the recent CIV Carrie was fine, having pictures taken, chatting and really fan friendly and there was no Maki. Derek Maki will be all over Hamill for the first two days and probably with Williams on Sunday, so I don’t think anyone will get anything apart from a rushed auto.........

that's a shame.

sounds like this bloke is a bit of a bosom... but why do people like hamill allow themselves to be treated this way?

i think i'm going to stick with threepio.

a more realistic price,i think.

Actually she was £25 which seems to be her standard price. She has just as important a role in the movies as Mark Hamill so I was anticipating a similar price for him.

To my knowledge Maki did not come with Carrie the last time she came over, so I think that helped, just look at the recent CIV Carrie was fine, having pictures taken, chatting and really fan friendly and there was no Maki. Derek Maki will be all over Hamill for the first two days and probably with Williams on Sunday, so I don’t think anyone will get anything apart from a rushed auto.........

Maki was there at CIV, he was handing out CE contracts as I chatted with some of the guests. Also Carrie's line was 'No Posed Photos' which was enforced by Official Pix. I know a couple of people got them and she was fine with this, but if OP saw they stopped you from doing it. Whereas next to her Anthony Daniels was posing for photos with everyone.

Obi

i'd like that,to be told by some blow-hole not to do something...like that.

presuming i had been given permission by the guest,that is.

that's the problem with some of the 'helpers' at these shows... the whole 'don't touch the talent' approach.

excuse me?

lol,:wub:

Maki was there at CIV, he was handing out CE contracts as I chatted with some of the guests. Also Carrie's line was 'No Posed Photos' which was enforced by Official Pix. I know a couple of people got them and she was fine with this, but if OP saw they stopped you from doing it. Whereas next to her Anthony Daniels was posing for photos with everyone.

Obi

The point was that Maki was not with Carrie at CIV and photos were allowed the first day only stopped due to the size of her queue building up........

Obi

The point was that Maki was not with Carrie at CIV and photos were allowed the first day only stopped due to the size of her queue building up........

this is the first time i'd actually like it to be rushed. means more chance of meeting him.

Obi

It was even first day, it was first morning!

'Fraid that's not true. We were among the first in Carrie's queue on the first day and the 'No Photos' rule was out there from the very start. It was sign posted on the entrance to her queue and you were reminded even as you approached her.

Obi

Becuase i am not going to CE, is it OK to give my pass to someone else? My firend won't be using fan club benefits and will just go in at 10am.

I guess it should be okay as long as they don't have to be checked on a database. But you may still want to check with the organisers. Give them a call on the number listed on the site.

Obi

Just to go back to one of the earlier arguments about CE and why some of us were complaining about the lack of guest announcements and the quality of guests.

The "Defenders" as I shall refer to them claimed that the only people who were complaining were the MINORITY of fans who only go for autographs.

To those people I'd ask, what do you think will be top priority for the majority of fans in attendance at this event now? Queuing to meet Mark Hammil, or rushing off to meet other fans and watch while two kids draw their lightsabres and battle it out in the cosplay arena?!

I'm ecstatic at the announcement of Hammil by the way. I don't think £85 is too much - when you consider that he's not done a UK event before and probably not likely to do all that many more in the future. Plus, as Count Fooku said, if you'd happily pay £15 per Cantina Patron/Rebel Trooper/Stormtrooper, then when you put 6 of those together you've got the price of an autograph from Mark Hammil.

i hope those two kids with thier lightsabres aren't offended by darth owls glib comments.

i wonder,if your two kids each wanted mark hamills auto,would you be rushing off to get it?

Well dodged. Now, why not try to answer the question first?

Dare i say this but after thinking about it, i am warming tothe £85 as being 'reasonable' for Hamill becuase of his rareity. Even in a private signing you'll be paying that much after auto and postage.

Problem is that i ain't going to CE now anyay, o well.....

Plus, as Count Fooku said, if you'd happily pay £15 per Cantina Patron/Rebel Trooper/Stormtrooper, then when you put 6 of those together you've got the price of an autograph from Mark Hammil.

Actually most of the actors with small roles charge £10. I'd rather meet 8 of them and have some change than pay £85 to meet Mark Hamill. I reckon it will be like with Patrick Stewart - his autograph was £45 at an event in January but will be £25 at LFACC. And as my wife is American it's possible that I may be in America next time he does an event there so I'd save money - I'd be going there anyway so the airline ticket wouldn't be a factor.

I guess its all down to personal preference, which is why its good SM have got in a lot of background £10 guests for LFACC. Personally I wouldn't bother with many of them but I know for some people hunting down a rare actor is a bigger deal than someone like Hamill.

Its all a bit of a gamble, I effectively paid £45 for Carrie Fishers a few years back at a sort of private signing in London. At that point I didn't think she would ever do a SM event but had I waited I could have got hers for half that price.

The same thing might happen with Hamill in this country, be interesting to see if it does.