Latest Guest Announcement - The Cheeky Girls

What a joke! They did one crappy song their mother wrote, something about touching their bum and then they disappeared! What is this so called new material they continue to release? I've never seen it.

Not the sort of announcement to lend any credibility to a new event, but I can partially see the attraction from Mark's point of view.

Perhaps if the Cheeky one who's dating that Lemsip Toothpick could bring him along as well, we could engage in a little highbrow political debate. :P

Edited by Pickles The Wold Cup Wonder Dog

I agree it's hardly a credible announcement. But being fair, they will almost certainly pay for themselves. After all, they are prob turning up for £100 for the day each, a slap up in the John Lewis canteen, and 10% of the takings. It's a no-brainer to be honest.

I have no interest in this event , but have noticed that this is the only thread in this section that has hit 2 pages already.

So Mark has if anything at least achieved debate about the Cheeky Girls.

I also would'nt be surprised if alot of people are saying that they're not going to meet the girls, when they probably will !!

Suspect it will be a case of that they will not be busy at the event, but will have a nice steady stream of guys meeting them ( and getting pictures taken with both of the girls...) :D

As I said earlier, it's a no-brainer. The two of them will have a productive day, sign plenty of autographs (no doubt writing "Touch my bum!" on dedications), have pictures taken of them on either side of lots of sweaty random blokes etc., and everyones a winner.

As nice as I'm sure they are I won't be 'meeting' them, but I forecast they'll do pretty well, comparatively. I wouldn't be shocked to find them doing more business than the tent-pole guests i.e. Howard Jones. On that basis, from Mark's perspective, I'd say they're a good guest.

As I said earlier, it's a no-brainer. The two of them will have a productive day, sign plenty of autographs (no doubt writing "Touch my bum!" on dedications), have pictures taken of them on either side of lots of sweaty random blokes etc., and everyones a winner.

As nice as I'm sure they are I won't be 'meeting' them, but I forecast they'll do pretty well, comparatively. I wouldn't be shocked to find them doing more business than the tent-pole guests i.e. Howard Jones. On that basis, from Mark's perspective, I'd say they're a good guest.

You have to remember it is in a shopping centre and plenty of kids will want to meet them, therefore, I have to agree with Mike.

Beware Mister Blobby or Bob the Builder may be next, after all they both have had Christmas number ones, and will appeal to the children so the Parents will be happy to get an auto and photo for them.

• 3 weeks later...

is this the wrong time to admit that i've got their album :headscratch:

They had an album !!!

Is it made up of remixes of "touch my bum"

To be fair, whilst they do lack musical talent, they are entertaining if nothing else.

Would I pay for their autograph ? Nope, but sure some people will.