Hotel Room Prices for RingCon

showmasters

- After waiting forever we got the authorisation code.

- I sent an e-mail to Radisson Edwardian Heathrow (ResReh@Radisson.com) with my request for a room reservation. No reaction.

- I filled in the contact form on the REH website and sent that off. No reaction.

- I called the number Showmasters tells us to call: 0208 817 0761. The guy on the phone was unfriendly and unhelpful and even kicked me out of the line!

- I called the number that one of you lovely people posted here (THANK YOU SO MUCH!): 0208 759 63 11 ... and BINGO! Lovely lady on the phone took my reservation and sent me a confirmation by email within ten minutes after the call! Yes! Plus she knew about the reduction. :P

Of course, there is a minor flaw in this. She confirmed from 23rd - 26th Nov, even though I repeated about FOUR times that I'm making a reservation for 22nd - 26th Nov. But really, after this odyssey and all the waiting and wrecked nerves, I don't have the energy to fight for this one missing day. I did write back though but my email is still unanswered so who knows...

On the other hand I'm so relieved that I will stay there for the whole weekend that I'm not throwing a tantrum over one day.

Whew.

If you need to stay there on the 22nd, I would suggest you follow it up sooner rather than later, in case they get booked up for that night. It may well be that she only confirmed 23-26 as they might be the only dates that the conference discount applies to. Try ringing up again and booking for the 22nd with the discount code. That'll let you know whether the code applies.

Thanks, TommyT. I did and hooray! She managed to correct the date. But instead, she booked me a double instead of a single room and AGAIN left me guessing as to why. So i lazily enquired by email again. I do not really care, if needs be I'll adopt someone to share the room with me, all that counts is that I can stay from 22nd-26th. Whew. *is exhausted*

Jamila, that was me, well, my husband. I'm glad we could have been of service. By the time everything kicked off our post was pages back and I suppose not many people read it. We found that lady very good too.

Thank you so very much! Without you I'd still have no room, I'm sure! I was looking back to find your name, but just couldn't see it. Probably the stress. :YAHOO:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I'm not sure I could cope with working this one if you lot are gonna be around :P:YAHOO:

Hey, I'm not that bad - haven't quite gotten on the list of 'extreme LOTR fans that are not (under any circumstances) to be allowed into the building' yet. :WAVE:

Oh and Jamila - did you get put in a room with a double bed when asking for a single, or a twin room? I got shoved in a room with a double bed. Not quite sure whether that's there idea of single or not, but the price is still the same so I am not complaining.

Edited by Ealena

Oh I'm not sure I could cope with working this one if you lot are gonna be around :P:WAVE:

Hey, I'm not that bad - haven't quite gotten on the list of 'extreme LOTR fans that are not (under any circumstances) to be allowed into the building' yet. :D

Oh and Jamila - did you get put in a room with a double bed when asking for a single, or a twin room? I got shoved in a room with a double bed. Not quite sure whether that's there idea of single or not, but the price is still the same so I am not complaining.

Heehee... my thoughts, exactly. They probably ran out of 'real' single rooms and are using the doubles now for us. It says double standard room, whatever that means. I do not mind at all as long as they don't charge me for double. :YAHOO:

According to their website - they have very few 'single' rooms. So, yeah, I guess that they're putting us in double rooms, though just as long as they only charge me for a single, and there is only me in that room (if it is indeed a twin) I don't mind. *g*

:wub:

I'm with you guys. I don't drink anymore either. Cor, I remember cart-wheeling down the central reservation of a dual carriageway. MMM. I don't want to go there again now I'm old and respectable! (well Kinda).

I am soo looking forward to spending time with like minded people. I am also looking forward to every one's costumes and dresses. There is some awesome talent out there.

Ealana, do you want to borrow a cloak? I made a cool blue dappled elven one. Cloaks kinda fit all although I made it for me and I am a shortie.

All LOTR Fans together!!!

Thanks to all you guys at SM for making this happen!!

:YAHOO:

Edited by Elwyn

Blimey! Anyone else want tap water? I tell you what normally when you offer to buy the first round people what champagne! Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining but surely I'm not going to be the only one drunk at the bar singing about LOTR?! :thumbup:

Edited by GondorGirl

I'm afraid to say GG that my health doesn't permit me to drink much. I'll drink the odd drink, but I struggle to walk as it is whilst sober, so could you imagine me whilst drunk? :thumbup:

That said; I'll join you in drinking - until of course my singing (caterwauling) scares you back to your rooms.

:dance:

You don't want to hear me sing even when I am sober!

I am on Medication so can not drink either, but that will not stop me from having a great time.

J20 for me please! Water is boring!

Although one shandy should see me drunk at the moment. hehe.

Jo

;)

Well, I'm also joining in. I just made my hotel reservation at the Radisson (no problems at all, phoned the hotel, flirted with the clerk and bam got my reservation from Friday to Monday). :YAHOO:

I cannot tell when my flight will arrive, since I haven't booked it yet. ;-) All I know is that I won't get a return flight on Sunday evening. I am also probably flying into Stansted, taking the train, then the tube to get to Heathrow.:uhoh:

I am much looking forward to meeting you all and taking tons of pictures.

Ring*Con Germany veteran (attended all).

Cheers,

Stephanie

LOL, I also got my flights. Now that's what I call a bargain: German Wings offer return flight for 0.5 Euro Cents plus taxes. Summa sumarum: 48 Euros. I do have my Oyster Card, all I need now is the ticket for the Stansted Express, which needs to wait until the winter schedule is out (oh well).

The fun part will be me travelling in full LotR reglia. I cannot get the costume in the luggage and thus I decided to wear it. I shall have my camera on me. It'll be interesting to see people's reactions. LOL, all the way from Standsted airport.

Nope, no dedication, just a little crazy with my old 42 years of living. :blush:

LOL, I also got my flights. Now that's what I call a bargain: German Wings offer return flight for 0.5 Euro Cents plus taxes. Summa sumarum: 48 Euros. I do have my Oyster Card, all I need now is the ticket for the Stansted Express, which needs to wait until the winter schedule is out (oh well).

The fun part will be me travelling in full LotR reglia. I cannot get the costume in the luggage and thus I decided to wear it. I shall have my camera on me. It'll be interesting to see people's reactions. LOL, all the way from Standsted airport.

Nope, no dedication, just a little crazy with my old 42 years of living. :thumbup:

Slightly off topic to Hotel Room prices *sorry*

Willow - as a person who has just done the Stansted return trip may I offer you some advice?? DON'T get a taxi in London!! I just just went from Charing Cross to Liverpool Street Station to avoid the underground and it cos TWENTY FIVE POUNDS! It cost more than a round trip to where I live (which is a good hour away) and I could've had a heart attack there and then!!

The Stansted Express isn't a fancy train either - no bathrooms so make sure you pee before hand, and all the stations charge 20p to use them. Use the underground to get across London (heck I'd use it with you to watch the expressions on the people's faces *LOL*) I think you can link into Heathrow on one of the lines too.

Good luck on your journey here - I'll watch out on the news for a riot on the tube :D

It's quite easy to do on the tube - you get the Piccadilly Line; and you get off on the last stop before the Heathrow terminals; or so I'm told. *grin* Haven't tested it myself - but as said above; DON'T use a taxi; the price will be horrendous.

LOL, well I know what a taxi costs in London and no, there is no tube station at Stansted airport. I'll take the express to Tottenham Hale and then change to the tube (like I always do). I love London and I'm quite often in your capital. ;-)

Next time July 2 through 6, letting myself get trampled down by Harry Potter fans. <g>

I do photographs (if anyone is interested: http://www.pollok-photography.com)

Now, that website is in a reprogramming stage, so don't expect everything to work.

Cheers,

Stephanie

Now, this is going to get me lynched, but why on earth would you get trampled by Harry Potter fans on the 2 - 6th July? Neither the film nor the book is out then........or are some actors appearing at a con or something?

Now, this is going to get me lynched, but why on earth would you get trampled by Harry Potter fans on the 2 - 6th July? Neither the film nor the book is out then........or are some actors appearing at a con or something?

The film premieres on 3rd July in London :blink:

No, I am not a professional photographer. It's a massive passion in my life though along with travelling.

The Iceland pictures are not up yet, only a few. I hope to have the site at least up and running in its new form with the landscapes and celeb pictures. I still do have the cities, animals and buildings to do.

I also do know for sure I'll be getting trampled by Harry Potter fans because I was at the last premiere in 2005. It was like being at a Rock Concert. You loose your footing at one point and get lifted more or less from the row you are in back to several other rows. The good part? Well, you cannot fall because you're surrounded by human pillows. ;-) Definitley not recommended for claustrophobic people!

Nonetheless, I try my luck once more. I just returned from the German Die Hard 4.0 premiere at Berlin and am somewhat dead on my feet. Drove the 7 hours through the night.

Cheers,

Steffi

• 2 weeks later...