HOWARD SHORE

a simpson

I think he'd be a great guest, but I'm not sure I agree with the statment that the LOTR score is the best ever score - I collect film soundtracks and there are many other worthy contenders, for example the soundtrack to 'Laurence of Arabia' or the Spaghetti Western themes by Ennio Morricone. (And my personal favourite, John Williams 'Star Wars' scores.)

I for one would love Howard Shore to attend - not being disrespectful to the actors, Howard could bring a new feeling to the Q and A sessions, he would have a totally different perspective on Lord of the Rings and we'd get a different insight.

I think Mr Shore would work extrememly well and there are not really that many people who have had the opportunity to meet and greet him, therefor bringing variety into another show UK too.

Lisa x x

• 2 weeks later...

The soundtracks to all three films are awesome.

I have the 'Fellowship' and 'Two Towers' complete recordings soundtracks.The albums last three hours (5:1)sound,where as the one disc versions lasted just over an hour !

Looking forward to 'Return' soundtrack as a complete recording as it should feature the Liv Tyler song.

Howard Shore would be a great guest.I would like to know why was there a parting of the ways for the soundtrack to King Kong between Shore and Jackson.

Peter Jackson made the following statement: "I have greatly enjoyed my collaborations with Howard Shore, whose musical themes made immeasurable contributions to 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy. During the last few weeks, Howard and I came to realize that we had differing creative aspirations for the score of 'King Kong.' Rather than waste time arguing with a friend and trying to unify our points of view, we decided amicably to let another composer score the film. I'm looking forward to working with James Newton Howard, a composer whose work I've long admired, and I thank Howard Shore, whose talent is surpassed only by his graciousness."

Official statement, obviously Peter rejected his score - curious though, how the hell do you replace Howard Shore. Would be interesting to listen to both Shore's and Howard's score though wouldn't it..

For me Howard would make an excellent Q&A guest, and would be a great another show experience for everyone....

The guy is a genius.

Absolutely, and I would love to meet him.

Simply the best film score OF ALL TIME. So far, anyway!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah I saw it at the RAH as well, and to see Howard Shore conduct the orchestra that recorded the soundtrack......it was just wow - I'm worshipping my father for an eternity for taking me down to London to see it for an early birthday present.

rambling over though - Howard at Ring*Con would be, well..this would be me if he was announced -> :clap: and :YAHOO: oooh, and this one as well.... :dance: so yeah; I'd be a happy bunny. hehehe. We can but hope.