How much is this LOTR convention going to cost ?

showmasters

Without the Payment scheme I can only afford the £70 option. But I still can not wait. Roll on November!

I will be spending quite a lot on costume making too for the event.

How much is the Hotel accomodation and Convention package going to cost? Some of us have to start saving...Hard.

I know I've already posted my views on this thread.... I have just one small request.... please consider us parents for this show. I don't just mean on ticket prices, but on facilities and seating arrangements too. If seats are allocated by number (as they are at Ring Con), I would prefer to be one row further back if it means the seat is child-friendly (ie on the end of a row so you can dash to the toilet, or escape if the child is noisy, or just have your pram next to you). We don't want preferential treatment...just dont forget we exsist and WILL be at RingCONUK too!! :D

I'm praying the Edward Radisson will have baby-changing facilities in at least one of it's public toilets... and will also have "wheelchair access" not just for people who use wheelchairs but also suitable for parents who need to bring a pram. We are after all bringing with us the future generation of Con-goers and a good experience now will mean we continue to bring children with us until they are old enough to come on their own.

I happily tell everyone that I went to G-Mex last february and had a great experience with my daughter who was only 7 months old. People were considerate (very helpful actually!!) and there were adequate facilities for changing and feeding her. Keep up the good work showmasters, I've been impressed so far!!

Rosie

I know I've already posted my views on this thread.... I have just one small request.... please consider us parents for this show. I don't just mean on ticket prices, but on facilities and seating arrangements too. If seats are allocated by number (as they are at Ring Con), I would prefer to be one row further back if it means the seat is child-friendly (ie on the end of a row so you can dash to the toilet, or escape if the child is noisy, or just have your pram next to you). We don't want preferential treatment...just dont forget we exsist and WILL be at RingCONUK too!! :D

I'm praying the Edward Radisson will have baby-changing facilities in at least one of it's public toilets... and will also have "wheelchair access" not just for people who use wheelchairs but also suitable for parents who need to bring a pram. We are after all bringing with us the future generation of Con-goers and a good experience now will mean we continue to bring children with us until they are old enough to come on their own.

I happily tell everyone that I went to G-Mex last february and had a great experience with my daughter who was only 7 months old. People were considerate (very helpful actually!!) and there were adequate facilities for changing and feeding her. Keep up the good work showmasters, I've been impressed so far!!

Rosie

Exactly!! I posted a similar request in the other thread and now my partner in crime has come forward and owned up that we exsist (yey lol!) While my Eowyn will be a lot older and won't need baby change facilities, she will still need her pushchair and easy access from her seat to the toilet - I really back up this request for child friendly seating for those who request it as I am sure if others know they have been thought of, I am sure others will come. I have always had excellent treatment with from Showmasters, right from the day dot when I was pregnant and being able to use the "special" toilet for my frequent trips, and being allowed to sit on chairs while waiting for my autographs was really great of the crew. Now I bring both my children and even my son has had great experiences including having his own seat during the Lord of the Rings talk at Collectormania in 2004 and helping out with the questions and auction!!

So I am in agreement with Rosie about how impressed we are, and I can't wait for another show!! Though it's still tempting to leave the kids behind...............did I really say that?????

Lisa x x

Oh my God!! It sounds great!! I am planning my costume(s) as we speak! We had already decided not to go to Germany this year (although we had a blast last year), so this is fabulous news! **squee**

Just need to know when those tickets are going to be on sale...I think we will be going for silver...

Lisa, Rosie...see you in November!

Hey,

I'm really interested in going, but is there a way of not having to go for the entire weekend? As I have school and work to do for my A-levels and I can only really afford to go on the Saturday, I would only like to meet the guests and get their autographs and none of the other stuff like parties or banquets. Will there be a lump price for meeting all the guests in one day minus the parties and other stuff?

Oh my God!! It sounds great!! I am planning my costume(s) as we speak! We had already decided not to go to Germany this year (although we had a blast last year), so this is fabulous news! **squee**

Just need to know when those tickets are going to be on sale...I think we will be going for silver...

Lisa, Rosie...see you in November!

Oh you so will!! I'm glad you are thinking of silver, I can hang with you while the others eat...maybe if we sit in the corner we can beg for scraps. I am not going to Germany this year either, though Rosie (and Rebecca) and Cat are going together I think, but I just can't do both. Besides, it easier to leave the kids just over an hour away than 11!! Though me thinks that Callum will never forgive me if I don't take him for at least one of the days......I'm gonna have to look for my mum head because I think I left it somewhere.

Roll on November, perhaps a few more of our old friends will manage to make this convention :unsure:

Lisa x x

I think the prices are a bit high for what you get comapred to some other convention companies in the UK. There is another company that sells full wkend tix for about £80 and you can have a free auto on a personal item from all the guests. And its a vip meet and greet for those booking Tix 1st.

• Showmasters Admin

Does anyone know if showmasters going to be selling single day tickets? I don't know whether I'll want to go every day - it all depends on who the guests are.

This has been asked by a number of people, but as of yet SM have not said either way.

• Showmasters Admin

So far no official announcement has been made about day tickets.

But to warn you, the usual with any Convention (with a big C) is that priority will be given to those buying full weekend passes. At another show and another show in Germany day tickets are not put on sale until around 1-2 months before the show and only if the show isn't fully sold out. i.e. If they sell 900 full weekend passes (100 gold, 250 silver and 550 standard) there will be no day passes as 900 is the maximum per day.

ok thanks. I'm going to try and get a standard ticket but that's only if Elijah Wood is going but otherwise we will all have to get day tickets.

How long do you think tickets will be on sale for before they sell out? I really don't know what to do!

• Showmasters Admin

How long do you think tickets will be on sale for before they sell out? I really don't know what to do!

They may not sell out at all, but they may sell out in a months time, no one can see the future.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...