20th anniversary ROBOCOP REUNION (1987)

nicky

C'mon SM, even Jason Joiner is a fan - he owns that bloody costume from C9 FFS (I think)!!! How about for LFCC?

It's the 2nd most iconic/memorable/popular robot movies ever. YOU HAVE 20 SECONDS TO COMPLY.

Give us:

Peter Weller (now in 24 as Christopher Henderson, Jack Bauer's nemesis)

Nancy Allen

Ronny Cox

Kurtwood Smith

Miguel Ferrer (Bob Morton - also in Hot Shots Part Deux)

Ray Wise (Leon - also in 24 and Jeepers Creepers 2)

Paul McCrane (Emil - also in ER, 24 and The Blob '88)

+ others including:

Rob Bottin (Robo suit creator and SFX)

Phil Tippett (ED-209 animator and creator)

Ed Nuemier (Writer of Robocop and Starship Troopers)

robocop.jpgdickjones.jpgkurtwood_smith.jpgmiguel_ferrer.jpg

robert_doqui.jpgfelton_perry.jpgray_wise.jpgjesse_d_goins.jpgpaul_mccrane.jpg

Robocop-Poster-C10034729.jpeg

Edited by nicky
  • Like 1

IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT'S HOLY, PLEASE CAN WE HAVE A ROBOCOP REUNION!!!!!!!!!

Come on guys! The cast/director/writer/SFX guys would even have mass appeal....

Paul Verhoven (Also Starship Troopers, Total Recall, etc.)

Peter Weller has recently shown up in season 5 of "24"

Kurtwood Smith....That 70's Show!

You know you want them!

Kurtwood Smith....That 70's Show!
Yeah, man. He's like my fave movie villain with the best lines in Robocop. Plus he's in the excellent Dead Poet's Society , Fortress and Star Trek: Undiscovered Country.

"Can you fly, Bobby?"

"You probably don't think I'm a very nice guy...do you?"

"You see I got this problem; cops don't like me, so I don't like cops. Ne-ne-ne-ne-ne..."

"Bitches leave!!"

"I've got the muscle to shove enough of this factory up your stupid wop-ass that you'll sh*t snow for a year!"

"Oooh, guns, guns, guns!!"

"Don't you get it?! You c*cksucker! I work for D*ck Jones! D*CK JONES!!!"

"WHAT IS THIS SHIIIIIIT!!!!???"

"Just gimme my fcukin' phonecall!"

"Hiya...Barbara. Listen, I'm here to see D*ck Jones but when I'm done I've got some free time. Maybe you could er...fit me in?"

"Hey! Take a look at my face, D*CK!"

"Well listen Chief, your company built the fcuking thing, now I gotta deal with?! I don't have time for this bulls***!"

robocop_bild3.jpgboddicker.jpgx3.jpgkurtwoodsmith_that70sshow_240.jpg

Edited by nicky

Nancy Allen

William Shockley had a small role in the film which was also the funniest scene. He was the guy attacking a woman in an alley when robocop arrives, lowers his gun and fires through the ladys dress and shoots him straight between the legs, causing him to lose his "testicular fortitude". He also happens to be on my sisters "Would LOVE To Meet list".

Doesn't anyone remember what happened last time with Peter Weller? :blush:
That was at C4 waaay back in 2003!! I enjoyed meeting him and WLTM more from Robocop. We've had much worse guests return. SM gotta eat! And he is Robocop after all, one of the most iconic/memorable/popular movie robots ever. He was also in David Cronenberg and William S. Burrow's Naked Lunch PLUS 24 with a couple of the others.

robocop.jpgrobocop-murphy-3.jpgnakedlun.jpgpweller.jpg

Edited by nicky

Doesn't anyone remember what happened last time with Peter Weller? ;)
That was at C4 waaay back in 2003!! I enjoyed meeting him and WLTM more from Robocop. We've had much worse guests return. SM gotta eat! And he is Robocop after all, one of the most iconic/memorable/popular movie robots ever. He was also in David Cronenberg and William S. Burrow's Naked Lunch PLUS 24 with a couple of the others.

I don't think you quite remember what the issues with Weller were at C4.

He didn't want to be there, he had no queue for all the days he appeared, most of the kiddies didn't have a Scooby who he was, and from about Friday afternoon onwards had to be chained to his seat to stop him going back to Heathrow.

On top of that, he was just plain weird.

Having said that, I'd like to meet him again. But I doubt SM would want the hassle even if Weller wanted to come. Kurtwood and or Ronny Cox would be a much better bet.

Edited by Wubble

Please bear in mind this thread was started in the hope of generating interest and to encourage SM, not the opposite. I'm trying to be polite here when I say can we please try to respect that?

OK, he wasn't the best guest but the other cast members would be nice to have and I'd still like to meet Weller again regardless just for the sake of his auto.

Edited by nicky

Please bear in mind this thread was started in the hope of generating interest and to encourage SM, not the opposite. I'm trying to be polite here when I say can we please try to respect that?

OK, he wasn't the best guest but the other cast members would be nice to have and I'd still like to meet Weller again regardless just for the sake of his auto.

Other actors from the film would be great. Nancy Allen, Kurtwood, Ronny. It's a shame Dan O'Herlihy died last year although he'd have been too old to do an event even if he was still with us.

But with the respect you asked for, Weller very probably isn't going to happen again. I doubt any of the others are either to be honest. Enough people have asked for long enough. So you can assume SM's have asked and that it's come to nothing. They won't ever tell us that it's come to nothing, but after a while you have to start assuming that some guest requests are a dead end.

Place yourself in SM's position. Would you want Weller back if you were the one who had to look after him and his ego?

I think people need to get over the Weller C4 thing. Wasn't it one of the first times he had done that kind of show ? I met him on the Saturday afternoon, and he was indulgent (if not overly chatty) and had no problem with my questions, or the inscription I asked for.

Also, C4 was four years ago - SMs, their events, and Weller's career have come a long way since then. We are all very different people now. Shatner, Fisher, Williams and others have been considered crappy guests for various reasons, but people still want them back, and when they do, they are still popular .....

• 1 month later...

Robocop! That film was life changing for me!! (Ever since it came out I have been patrolling my streets in a steel suit and mask)

Did anyone ever see the DAYTIME cut of Robocop! I am sure it was on ITV many years back, I had it on tape.

It contained some classic dub overs such as:

''You are gonna be a bad MOTHERCRUSHER''

(when a man robbing a store with a gun sees robocop and starts shooting at him)

''Why me!!!! Why me!!!! Why Me!!!!!!!!!!!''

''Just gimme my ballony phonecall''

• 4 weeks later...