Musicmania 28th - 29th July

Steven442

Anybody heard anything about this event?

"From the team that bought you the successful Move & TV event, Collectormania, comes a new date for all music lovers calendars! Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th July 2007 will see the first ever Music Mania Live! held at the Centre MK Shopping Centre in Milton Keynes.

Music Mania Live! will give attendees the unique chance to meet rock and pop stars from the past and present, get autographs from and photos with them! The hall will also be packed with 100s of rock and pop Collectables dealers."

Sounds wicked, wonder who they'll get to come. I bet Jeff Wayne will still manage to be at this one!

I heard about this the other day. Its something really really cool and its exactly where I wanted SM to be going. I am aware that music guests are more difficult to get to work on these sort of events, but I have no doubts that SM cant pull this off to be an amazing event..

A

I really do worry though that as cool as this sounds, SM are stretching themselves far too thinly with all the conventions they've got lined up for 2007. Usually by this point we will have had a number of guests announced for the next events but that's not happened this time and it seems to me from what was said about another show that they're just too busy (and possibly understaffed) and that instead of having 2 or 3 awesome events we're going to have 6 or 7 mediocre ones. I know what I'd prefer...

• Moderators

We don't know the level of their involvement to be honest. We shouldn't really speculate. It's like Celebration Europe - that doesn't have its own section, nor FX in Florida etc. It's not necessarily as clear as it may seem :YAHOO:

All I'm saying is that there are likely reasons why it's not been put on here, and also the two events are completely different from the ones already run so they won't affect them anyway.

Yeah, I found that as well. Many, many thanks to Jola for the info - i am actually a member of the forum where she found the info, but I was looking in all the wrong places. :P

Sportsmania

Musicmania

Since SMs are involved, hopefully they won't mind me posting the links. If not, apologies.

Sorry but who's Mark Woolard

From speaking to Jason over New Year, these events are Marks.

Mark was Jasons old partner, but then decided he wanted something different. After a couple of years away he wants to get back into the events industry and therefore is running his own events. He will be working with Showmasters because he knows that the team are reliable.

As for so many events, Showmasters have been out of the office for a period of time, and when I spoke to them, they agreed that in life, you only have one, and things CAN wait!... dont rush them, they will give you all the announcements you want, just give them time to let Christmas pass.

A

Sounds interesting. I'd be interested in this event (depending on guests), but it's a bit of a difficult time to launch the show, what with 2007 being so full of cons.

Will MM have it's own section (like Autographica another show and another show) or be seperate like the FX show?

:whistling:

Think it will be seperate as it not directly showmasters baby there just assisting an original sm who broke away