Fan Group Area for GMEX?

edgejedi88

Following the success of the newly created 'Fan Area' at GMEX 2, several of us have got together and thought about suggesting a dedicated fan area for GMEX 3 (please!).

This would include both costuming and non costuming groups, such as Rebel Legion, 99th Imperial Garrison, Fan Force, KOTE, the comic groups, artists and other groups that SM may consider inviting (we would all love to return please Mr Joiner!).

With this, other considerations would be needed (reasonable sized area/changing room for costumers, reasonable sized area for the public to take pictures, etc). Just a thought - what does everyone else think?

We all had a great time there and the feedback from public at the time and after the event has been fantastic. We raised over £100 too for Children In Need! We hope that our attendance there enhanced a positive public experience and that this added value to the whole Showmasters event. Fans doing it for fans!

Thanks again Jason for letting us come once more and be part of the SM experience!

:wub:

101_1003.jpg

101_0962.jpg

I'm in total agreement.. It would be fab.... we could really raise some dosh for charity and create some interest.. we could even have little mini events going on for the fans and kids... a treasure hunt where they have to ask characters questions etc...

the new fan group area was a great idea, but it should have been at the end of the isle near the autograph signing area for a space for the public to have photos with the groups (i know we were holding up the flow of the public around the ffuk and the 99th tables) and please a small changing area would have been fantastic

the new fan group area was a great idea, but it should have been at the end of the isle near the autograph signing area for a space for the public to have photos with the groups (i know we were holding up the flow of the public around the ffuk and the 99th tables) and please a small changing area would have been fantastic

What I want to know is...Where do you get those fantastic costumes from? Do you make them yourselves? Buy them? Enquiring minds want to know! :P

What I want to know is...Where do you get those fantastic costumes from? Do you make them yourselves? Buy them? Enquiring minds want to know! :D

...a mixture of both to be honest, but even the bought stuff usually needs modification to make the items more accurate to the movies... :P

Once you are hooked on costumes, forever will it dominate your destiny (and your bank balance :dance:)

Cant beat that feeling though of seeing the kids and adults enjoy themselves and see the characters like they just walked off the movie screens!

Cant beat that feeling though of seeing the kids and adults enjoy themselves and see the characters like they just walked off the movie screens!

and the feeling seeing children freaking out when you turn to face them when you are dressed as the emperor

It would also be quite cool if the fan groups did some active re-enactment, :)

I'm sure some of those wielding lightsabers would enjoy having play fights around the arena if there was a space for them to do so!

There's always this huge area behind where the autographs are done which you could open up a bit more, :)

...a mixture of both to be honest, but even the bought stuff usually needs modification to make the items more accurate to the movies... :dance:

Once you are hooked on costumes, forever will it dominate your destiny (and your bank balance :dance:)

LOL. Yeah I'll bet its expensive but it looks like a blast. Nearest thing I get to it is dressing my poor pony up for the christmas ride. He's going as a hula dancer this year... :P

and the feeling seeing children freaking out when you turn to face them when you are dressed as the emperor

Now THAT I would enjoy!!! :lol:

It would also be quite cool if the fan groups did some active re-enactment, :)

I'm sure some of those wielding lightsabers would enjoy having play fights around the arena if there was a space for them to do so!

There's always this huge area behind where the autographs are done which you could open up a bit more, :)

Some Role playing would be fantastic.. we are hoping to start doing this as from next year.. and hopefully the RL guys will join in too!!

Thanks Aspen :thumbup:

The area went down well at GMEX2 I think, with people there presenting comics, artists, costumes, clubs and much more! There were some very creative people there who served to encourage and inspire us to keep buying that merchandise, getting those autos...and loving the SM experience!!

One of the only problems was that so many people were staying to look at things and talk, that the corridor got quite tight at some points! Every event has a learning curve I guess when something new like this is put together. I hope to hear how the feedback I gave went down with SM soon....

Following the success of the newly created 'Fan Area' at GMEX 2, several of us have got together and thought about suggesting a dedicated fan area for GMEX 3 (please!).

Thanks again Jason for letting us come once more and be part of the SM experience!

:o

101_0962.jpg

Let There be Light! sabres.

101_0962.jpg

:D

Shabs