recommend me a chinese restaurant near gmex

neonitrix

OK.

Here we go :-

Chinese.

For my money - the best cheap(ish) chinese buffet is the Tai Wu on Oxford Street. Turn right on Peter Street when you come out of the G-Mex and walk for about 500 yards (next door but one to the McDonalds at the bottom of Portland Street.

Dress Code is whatever you are wearing. Food is ace, drinks a little expensive but you get a good deal of Chinese families eating in there (which is always a good sign...).

Traditional Chippy.

There are a couple but to sit in without being bothered by glue-sniffing maniacs you are best with Harry Ramsden's restaurant which is about a 10 minute walk from G-Mex. I'll try and find some details for you and post a link but if you google Harry Ramsden Salford you should get it.

This has been a public service announcement!

• Showmasters Admin

Hang on... is this advertising?

No as people are answering a genuine request for information. The people answering are not gaining anything from it. It's no different to me including hotels and car parks in my FAQ. It's general information to help people, not blatant advertising.

Yeah, it was a joke.

I do think you should make it clear to dealers what your definitions of advertising are, though, as it seems odd that we pay a lot to be a part of Collectormania but have hazy restrictions as to the information we're allowed to share with the punters here.

• Showmasters Admin

Yeah, it was a joke.

I do think you should make it clear to dealers what your definitions of advertising are, though, as it seems odd that we pay a lot to be a part of Collectormania but have hazy restrictions as to the information we're allowed to share with the punters here.

My suggestion would be to talk to Jason over the weekend about your conserns.

Sharing information is all well and good, we all do it in various ways - but you started 3 or 4 downright “advertisement†threads and that’s not what the forum is about. You pay your money to have a defined size and scale of a stand at the show – not to force it down our throats on the forum.

NOT ONE of your fellow dealers does what you do ! NOT ONE of them comes on here as their shop / stand name and just posts self-promotion. There is a dedicated section here for sponsors (as opposed to dealers) and even that is for promotions and special offers in relation to the forum itself.

And the “this is information only†rubbish you posted the other day just reeked of sour grapes. It’s not like any of the guys who have posted OWN the restaurants, and are looking to benefit from posting about them !

Like I say – your money entitles you to exhibit / sell at the show, not advertise on here :P

Hope you enjoy the weekend !

Aren't you the little Jack Russell?

It really was information only, just saying that if people who had bought from us as LFACC brought their stuff with, they'd get it signed for free. That didn't seem like advertising to me. I mean those other guys posted their price lists and products and stuff. When I posted about the gig it was honestly again just saying for the people who are into this film, the stars are playing a gig in town.

I completely understand the ban on advertising or spamming but there are genuinely people who have got into JB since LFACC who would like to know this non-profit info so they can plan for the weekend.

I'm not trying to cause trouble or be obnoxious. Well, definitely not the former, but the rules are hazy and it seems a thread is accepted and lasts for several days then is arbitrarily deleted.

I guess I'll talk to Jason about it.

Meanwhile, be nice or I'll set JB on you.

Tai Wu is a good one if you want cheap, but I've been with my g/f who is chinese for 4 yrs....I have pretty much ate in them all..I strongly recomment Little Yang Sing in china town....same price as most but the food is awesome!! I'm gonna go there with some "special" friends if they fancy eating that night.

Portland Street is the boundary of China town. There are shed loads of restaurants to choose from many of which do buffets or set menus. If you want to go really posh the best one is the Yang Sing. Slightly cheaper budget go to the little Yang Sing an d then there's lots more to choose from. Definitely worth an experience taking part in.

Portland Street is the boundary of China town. There are shed loads of restaurants to choose from many of which do buffets or set menus. If you want to go really posh the best one is the Yang Sing. Slightly cheaper budget go to the little Yang Sing an d then there's lots more to choose from. Definitely worth an experience taking part in.

I actually ended up booking Yang Sing for saturday night - sounds nice if a little bit expensive but what the hey

Neonitrix