What did you want to be when you grew up?

Diamonddog19001

Erm well when I was really young I wanted to do one of 2 things, either be a Vet and running my own surgery or an officer in the Navy.

I had my application with the Royal Navy until 2 years ago when I decided to withdraw becuase I wanted to focus on my business pursuits.

As for wanting to be a Vet, i could never do that really.. Though running my own surgery is possible lol..

I am focusing my attentions towards my own enterprise and namely Events Management work, and Events Security Management. This is going pretty well.. lol and im only 18

A

hmmm... i wanted to be an artist when i was younger but i gave up doing art after my GCSEs got bored of it lol

i always wanted to be a writer at some point n thats not happened either

but i'm only 18 so there's time for maybe one of them to happend ;)

• Showmasters Admin

I wanted to be an astronaut, air hostess (it seemed glamorous at the time!), truck driver (I'd seen Convoy on the tv that week!), librarian or special effects technician.

Well, I've done 3 out of the 5 so that's not bad going! They're all a million miles from what I'm doing now though!

Andrea

i wanted to work with animals for a short-time, wanted to do something in the field of biology during high school, until recently i wanted to do something within 3D animation, now im studiying AI and my final goal would be to work with NASA in the future

Well I wanted to be a firefighter :poki: Then join the army as it became apparent that regardless they still didn't like females in the brigade.

So at 16 I applied for Welbeck but then was talked into staying in 6th Form which (well done idiots at school) was a mistake. Lived in London for a year and thought I would try the RAF. Granted at just 18 I was probably a little too young for the Officer training :D I tried though and was told I was too young at my final interview.

After pretty much getting into the Army last year I was offered a better job in IT Operations. And that's where I am right now. I'm still open to go back to the Army but right now I'm content where I am :WAVE:

In a way I did achieve what I wanted when I was younger. Then found out that maybe I didn't want to do it after all.

I wanted to be tall :D

Maybe some day eh..

*hugs*

I wanted to be an astronaut, air hostess (it seemed glamorous at the time!), truck driver (I'd seen Convoy on the tv that week!), librarian or special effects technician.

Well, I've done 3 out of the 5 so that's not bad going! They're all a million miles from what I'm doing now though!

Andrea

When did you go into Space ;)

A :P

When I was young I wanted to be a writer, after a few years I wanted to be a filmmaker. I suppose I've done the second one in some small way (couple of short films at college, didn't really get that far).

My intention was to make a career (ie: actually get an income from it) out of writing or filmmaking, but once the real world hit, I realised selling a couple of stories and poems to small press magazines wouldn't cut it, so I went and got a real job.

I still write, but not for profit, just for self expression. I write solely for my own amusement or for the enjoyment of others, I've given up the idea that I may one day make a living from this hobby and am happy doing so.

So, I think I made it. Kind of. :P

• Showmasters Admin

I wanted to be tall :huh:

& you are Too Tall lol :firedevil:

I achieved my dream :P

Honestly though I wanted to be a fireman or an ambulance man. But in both case I was told that at 6'10" I was too tall. When I was 16 I wanted to fly so looked at joining the RAF. At the time I was 6'5" and was told if I grew an extra inch I would not be allowed in a plane let a lone to fly one. I was told if I got over 6'6" I'd only ever be ground crew.

So ironically my one dream of being tall killed all my other dreams.

Edited by Too Tall

Either to be Reg from The Bill, or simply work with him.

To this day, my dream stays strong. I often talk to Tony Stamp as he lives in my local area, so I'm that one step closer to Reg.

Im related to him apparently.. or summit like that.. it mite jus be that hes friends with my aunts summit or other

]

A