Feedback/Suggestions

DavidB

• Moderators

OK I'm bored so I'll start this.

Now that Collectormania 10 is over, how would people like their event experiences improved?

We had photoshoots for the first time in MK this time, did they go well enough for you? Were the photos available on the desks of a good enough variety and quality?

How was the general running of the event with the various crew etc? Were new attendees able to find everything they needed? These are just some ideas ..

Whatever improvements you personally think could be made, go ahead and suggest them.

Please DO NOT use this as a GUEST SUGGESTION topic, there is a specific area for that.

I think special screenings and/or guest talks were missed at C10.

We came down for the whole weekend in the hope of having some things to do in the evenings, but there were no talks/screenings, etc. That's not to say C10 was bad, but I do hope to see them back at C11 as I will most likely be doing the full weekend again (used to live in the south and travel daily to MK, but I'm in the North now! :smile: )

I think special screenings and/or guest talks were missed at C10.
Agreed. They can add a lot to the weekend.
Film trivia comps would be good cos we are after all fans who would follow our favourite shows and know a thing or two.
Sounds like a good idea.

I say as an improvement, you could make all the autographs free of charge :P

Annnnnd we all get to take a guest of our choice home with us, dibs on Emilie De Ravin!!!!

Might be a bugger to explain it to my family, but i'm sure they'd learn to love it :P

lol yeah that'd b nice

Fish & Chip shop in the centre

I'll second that!

Annnnnd we all get to take a guest of our choice home with us, dibs on Emilie De Ravin!!!!

:chair: Dibs on Sherri Moon-Zombie!

Improvemets to the show? CM10 was basically perfect, I knew where everything was, had no problem with queues or tickets or anything like that, but it would have been nice to have talks/screenings as well. But obviously, theses aren't possible all of the time, so maybe next time.

This is a really difficult topic, Mr. B! I can't think of anything!

One improvement I really want to see, is when people are queueing up in the morning to get a vertual ticket an example, C10 the David Wenham queue. the queue on Sat morn was really quite long, however when the tickets started getting issued people just pushed in and got a really good ticket number, it isnt fair when people had been standing there since really early in the morning.!!! Please SM could you sort this out at the next event??!

Edited by theentsrgoingtowar

when the tickets started getting issued people just pushed in and got a really good ticket number, it isnt fair when people had been standing there since really early in the morning.!!!
VT have proven to work and there really is no other practical way of issuing them. If people push in that's something that SM can't control and happens all the time. You, as part of the queuing public have a right to say something to the people who do it, I'm sure everyone else will back you up in the queue so don't feel embarrassed to say anyhting.

Yeah, gotta agree about the Virtual Ticket problem.

The Virtual Ticket system itself is excellent, however, it is unfair when you have been queing for quite some time first thing on a morning, only to find that when the VT's are handed out, some people do queue jump.

Perhaps an option to consider would be that the VT's are handed out straight away (as opposed to waiting until 10am (as on a Sunday). This way, those people that arrive early would get the benefit of having that low number in the queue and then being able to move on to collect other tickets.

The other benefit of this, would be that once a person has their particular tickets, they are then free to move away from the Main Hall whilst they wait for the guests to arrive. This then frees up more space in and around the Main Hall, as it can get VERY congested when the queues form first thing on a morning.

• Showmasters Admin

This issue of people pushing into the big VT queues is something I'm very aware of and have raised with SM. I have a couple of ideas on how to help prevent it happening and I'm hoping we'll be able to implement them at G-Mex and the next Collectormania MK.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say for an improvement, like at CD signings you buy the CD for £12 or something and then you can get the cd signed plus some other items signed for free, i think maybe with the autographs at collectormania maybe pay a little less for autographs and have the choice of getting another item signed as well.

~Amber~

x

and also, be able to have your picture taken with the star even if they are quite big a guest because it's a nice thing to have and if u cant because they want to get more people through, it's disappoints people a bit, i mean it doesnt take long to pose with the star and to quickly take a picture.

i didnt actually go to C10 but i did get an Amber 8x10 from someone else who attended, i loved the 8x10 but i was very disappointed in the quality of the image, it had obviously been blown up too much, perhaps they should use HQ images or not cut them down too small so they dont pixelate when enlarged.

other events i go to have amazing quality 8x10s so i was a lil disappointed

I was disappointed with the quality of my official photo with Ian Somerhalder and had a word with the photographer. He took my details and promised to email me the digital file so that I could adjust the colour balance and print another copy but I have never heard back from him and have no contact details for him. I'm not too impressed.

My only other comment would be to keep JCB out of the way somehow. She's always there hovering over her clients and interferes (sp) with the queuing etc etc, which is not her business, that's SM's business. I've not noticed other agents hanging about with their clients, and if they do, they dont butt in, unfortunately Ms Brown seems to always ruin the experience for the paying public somehow. I know this has been said over and over again, but surely something can be done to keep her from interfering?

She's a JCB! You try standing your ground in front of one and see what happens :YAHOO:

:yoda: My personal solution is to avoid any guests that she's sitting with. I just can't be bothered with it, it's just not worth the 10 seconds you get with a guest she's with and the agro. If I really want that particular guest, I just try to find a time when she's not around, but if it means I dont meet the guest at all, then so be it.

I thought it might be worth pointing out that, as far as I know, the reason there were no talks and screenings at C10 is due to the Easy Cinema adjacent to the shopping centre closing :( hopefully SM will bring these back for future events - I for one thoroughly enjoyed the Firefly/Serenity talk at C9 followed by a screening of Serenity in a theatre so full it was sold out, the atmosphere was amazing! :wub::smile: maybe it's just cause Cineworld is too expensive?! or cause they didn't get the rights to show any films they could match with talks?! or that actors weren't interested? or even that Cineworld didn't have any spare screens?! :D

I do hope they bring talks and screenings back for C11 and the future but as for nothing to do in the evenings, there's the Forum Bowling Meet that has become tradition for Friday nights in City Limits, Xcape :thumbup: and of course there was the Forum Party :dance: on Saturday night so I don't see how people are saying there's nothing to do :blink: maybe that's just not your thing :o

surfy sah xx B)