Lance Henriksen - what did you talk about?

nicky

I missed C10 but have met him before although rushed. I was wondering what he talked about with fans, any interesting stories about working on the Alien movies, AvP, James Cameron, John Woo etc?

I noticed in pics he's looking very grey-haired now compared to when I met him a year ago.

Edited by nicky

I missed C10 but have met him before although rushed. I was wondering what he talked about with fans, any interesting stories about working on the Alien movies, AvP, James Cameron etc?

I noticed in pics he's looking very grey-haired now compared to when I met him a year ago.

Hey Nicky I was Queue Manager for Lance on Sunday. The reason his hair was so grey is that he had finished his latest film earlier that week which required him to have his hair dyed a more whiter shade of grey (if that makes sense)

I believe the film was called 'Spiders' and shot mostly on location in Thailand. Although have since checked IMDB and its not listed :D

Edited by DisneyDude78

Yes I met Lance He was So Lovely I asked him what his Next project And does he get to look round M.K And he said he has just finished filming a film called Spiders then he came straight to m.k but he said he was very tired he doesn't have time to look round m.k cos of being tired he was going straight home after the show had finished

Hey Nicky I was Queue Manager for Lance on Sunday.

That was the job I had on Saturday, and I had a great time. Lance is a really great guy and more than often was the one to start a conversation. Although he did not want any posed photos (he did have a photo shoot the next day!) he enjoyed answering questions about the projects that he had worked on and the people he has worked with.

Paul

Edited by WaterBoy

he sang michelle my belle at me and asked if thats what i was named after. he then told me he was named after some extremely rich guy called lance something or other. italian i think cos his mum thought he would become rich and famous. was so happy to be with him that its all a bit of a blur but he was a really cool guy.

Having been to a few of these events, the two people who I've talked to the most were Elijah Wood (after asking him to sign a continuity polaroid of himself from "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" - he couldn't believe someone had one!), but the other was Lance. I asked him to sign my production script from "The Quick and the Dead", and on seeing it, his eyes lit up and he said what a great time he'd had making it. He tried to remember a couple of his lines from one of his scenes with Sharon Stone but in the end had to give up and look through the script. He added that Sam Raimi was a pleasure to be directed by and ended the meeting by signing with both his name and his characters; Ace Hanlon.

A pleasure to meet and a very friendly person. I honestly think he would have talked for a lot longer had there not been more people behind me.

Cheers!

NB

Asked him if there would be any more Aliens.
I thought I read somewhere that said he didn't wanna play Bishop again in another AvP....still nice to know he is willing to be Bishop, even if not in AvP but rather Alien 5.

I asked him to sign my production script from "The Quick and the Dead", and on seeing it, his eyes lit up and he said what a great time he'd had making it. He added that Sam Raimi was a pleasure to be directed by
That's interesting...he said a similar thing about working with John Woo when I met him.

my sister was with me and she had hold of her two teddy bears ( you may have seen us walking around at loads of events with them) well hers are ennis and jack bears from brokeback mountain but i don't think Lance knew what to make of them , he just thought my sister took them everywhere and that it was cute ...heh.

most of the time was spent deciding how to spell Cathy, my mum's name hehee he even repeated back to me the spelling twice and then paused when he did it to check again, funny but better that than a wrong sig :wub: He was really nice and smiley, great guest.

Lance is a LEGEND !! Met him on the saturday and he signed my Millennium boxset and an Aliens mini-poster. Chatted quite a bit about David Fincher, and the third movie though. Pretty much like Paul McGann and other have said, he agrees that Fincher is a hell of a talent and got screwed by the studio.

Really refreshing to see a £20 guest be so friendly and accommodating with their fans. I've always admired Lance as an actor, and his name on the credits has often encouraged me to see a film. After meeting him, this is even more so.

Well i went and i can tell you all Lance is a wicked guy! I got my photo taken with him and got his autograph.

When i ggo tmy picture taken with him this is what happened.

Lance "hey kid"

Me " hi how are you?

Lance" not bad"

Shake hands.

Photographer " okay get ready guys"

Lance "so how do you want this done?"

Me " oh um......just like put our arms over each others shoulders?"

Lance" sure thing"

Did so and then the film ran out.....

Photographer "one second"

He then took the picture.

Lance "see what i have to put up with Kid?"

Me "yeah i know, it's hard work"

He laughed and then we said goodbye.

I do have to admit though i chocked when i was talking to him, when i went to get an autograph, it went like more or less like this,

Lance "hey kid"

Me "hey"

Lance "so what you want me to write on this picture?"

Me "um could you write, I'm not stupid but I'm synthetic...no....i mean....uhhh"

Lance grinned.

Lance "you mean I'm might be stupid but I'm not synthetic"

Me " No it's like....."

Lance started to grin more " it was a joke don't worry, it's i might be synthetic but I'm not stupid"

Me " yeah yeah that's it"

He started to sign it.

Me "so do you see much of anyone from aliens any more?"

Lance " yeah i see Jennette Goldstein and Bill paxton a lot in LA, Bill's a close friend of mine"

Me " oh cool, i met Al matthews a little while ago (another story)"

Lance "yeah he was hear a little while ago"

He then gave me his autograph and we said cya to each other.

God the one time i make an aliens movie mistake and in front of him lol. I also got Maggie Grace's autograph.....so hott!!!!!!!! She was real nice as well, we talked about stuff, like what inspired her and stuff like that, she's so nice.

Lance started to grin more " it was a joke don't worry, it's i might be synthetic but I'm not stupid"

Lance " yeah i see Jennette Goldstein and Bill paxton a lot in LA, Bill's a close friend of mine"

Hey, man...good recount!! That's funny the line came out wrong but he had fun with you about it. He must like the line if he remembers it better than you did! :lol: Nice to know he still sees Paxton and Goldstein...they were all in Near Dark after Aliens is how it started I guess...

Lance "so how do you want this done?"
ooo-er :D

Lance was a great guest, very friendly and happy to chat and he really seemed to enjoy meeting everyone :dance:

I talked to him about my forensics work placement and the profiling dissertation I'm doing, which we chatted about and he wrote 'good luck with the profile!' on my Frank Black picture :dance: - if he thought I was mad he was enough of a gentleman to not let on lol :YAHOO:

It was a pleasure meeting him, lovely guy :thumbup:

Laura x