Fools Gold

Noddy

I think its up to the people really. Do I think they are stupid for doing it? No! I do however think its a bit silly not to take full advantage of it, there were quite a few gold pass seats left in the Elijah Wood talk as they hadn't turned up. Fair enough, some people might not have wanted to go (I personally don't know WHY they wouldn't want to go but still... lol) but if I had paid all that money I would have wanted to make the most of it!

The only thing I do think is out of order is the Gold Pass holders getting VQ tickets for their pay on the day friends. We queued from 7am to see Elijah on sunday and to get a talk ticket and I really don't think its fair that people who don't NEED the tickets go and get them for people who could just turn up whenever. I don't think people with Gold Passes should be given VQs because of this.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT tarring everyone with the same brush, it's just those few who actually did it who I think are out of order.

But as I said, it's up to the individual!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why then did Gold pass holders start queuing by their doot at 08:15!!

Guess what? Some of us attended the con with friends who didn't have Gold passes. Don't be such an idiotic spam. You're just making yourself sound stupider than you think we are.

And just so you know, I have an income of £70 a week, so I definitely don't have more money than sense. I didn't buy my Gold pass-- it was a present from a friend.

I'd also like to thank all the Gold Pass holders who failed to attend the Alan/Nathan talk on Saturday, thereby giving those of us "stuck" behing your reserved seating a lovely clear view of the stage :thumbup:

Not me then, I was in the front row for both their talks. :YAHOO: And that was very much worth it, as I am short-sighted and a little hard of hearing so would not have been able to hear/see everything so clearly as I did had I been much further back.

This thread appears to be descending into snide personal digs boys and girls and really is silly.

If people have the money to spend on a gold pass so be it. I've never bought one as I'm way too skint to but if I had the spare money I would get one. Yes if you arrive early and queue you can most likely meet everyone you'd like but the gold pass failsafes the people who want to get a larger amount of guests met and removes the risk of them not getting there early enough and missing the chance to meet someone they've admired for a long time.

Come on.. you might think they have more money than sense but if you were offered a gold pass I can hardly see you missing the chance it offers.

I haven't read the whole topic but I think it's a little wrong for crew members to give VTs to GP patrons - all should know they aren't needed and it's kinda like skipping the Q of all the people who waited outside very early just to stroll up later and be given a VT - it's why crew can only issue 1 VT per person (with very few exceptions ie a disabled patron) :blush:

on a sepparate note, when I read the title of this topic, I thought it was going to be about the free Pirates of the Caribbean coins :thumbup:

surfy sah xx

I haven't read the whole topic but I think it's a little wrong for crew members to give VTs to GP patrons - all should know they aren't needed and it's kinda like skipping the Q of all the people who waited outside very early just to stroll up later and be given a VT - it's why crew can only issue 1 VT per person (with very few exceptions ie a disabled patron) :poki:

on a sepparate note, when I read the title of this topic, I thought it was going to be about the free Pirates of the Caribbean coins :blink:

surfy sah xx

It was great talking to you finally

The whole idea of the Gold Pass is so that the holder does not have to be queing at 5am just to get inside and meet the guests. Its so that they can turn up at 9.15 or 11.30 etc and walk staright into the lines they want.

A

The whole idea of the Gold Pass is so that the holder does not have to be queing at 5am just to get inside and meet the guests. Its so that they can turn up at 9.15 or 11.30 etc and walk staright into the lines they want.

A

I wondered what they were for

A

There you go then, cleared that one up for you.. next question?

A

A

There you go then, cleared that one up for you.. next question?

A

Another bonus Jason opening the door each morning for us

• Showmasters Admin

He does like to do that himself :P

Oh forgot the nice banging on door Sunday (Thank You For Everything Mate)

I was just helping to wake you up :huh:

He does like to do that himself :P

Oh forgot the nice banging on door Sunday (Thank You For Everything Mate)

I was just helping to wake you up :huh:

It did and I did a good dead for the girl who had a ticket problems

"Guess what? Some of us attended the con with friends who didn't have Gold passes. Don't be such an idiotic spam. You're just making yourself sound stupider than you think we are."

lol you said it, I thought it :P I too think its stupid people have an issue what people do with their money and their time. :huh:

"Guess what? Some of us attended the con with friends who didn't have Gold passes. Don't be such an idiotic spam. You're just making yourself sound stupider than you think we are."

lol you said it, I thought it :P I too think its stupid people have an issue what people do with their money and their time. :huh:

Yeah you shouldn't have spent so much at Spearmint Rhino'a Mate. On another note have we found Megan.

• Showmasters Admin

Noddy, OK you don't see the point in gold passes but that don't make the people that do foolish.

The reasons I can see why people would get one.

1: They can turn up at opening time and walk straight in. Yes some people still come early, as they've said they've come with friends etc, but that's about how people use them not about their benafits.

2: They know they can see any guest they want. So there's no worrying about having to getting in through the doors into the scrum to get VTs.

3: They know they can see any talks they want. So no running to get talk tickets.

4: They know they don't have to wait in line to get good seats in talks, they get to go to the front even if they get there 2 minutes before.

5: The extras like goody bags, but I honestly don't see these as a reason why people would get one, they're just an extra.

They've decided to see the show in first class, you see no point in buying anything other than the standard ticket.

When you fly or go on the train do you walk into first class and tell them they're all foolish for paying extra when you've got the samething for a lot less. Well news flash for you, you haven't got the same thing. You've got a smaller seat and on a plane, rubber food. They choose to pay to get a better service.

It's the same with the Gold Pass, you think you're getting the same thing, well you're not. You have uncertainty and waiting, they don't have these (apart from the 15 minutes in each real queue).

To me that's what the Gold Pass gives you, certainty and so removes the stress from the day. To you no stress isn't worth the price of a Gold Pass that doesn't mean that it's not worth that to others.

Noddy, OK you don't see the point in gold passes but that don't make the people that do foolish.

1: They can turn up at opening time and walk straight in. Yes some people still come early, as they've said they've come with friends etc, but that's about how people use them not about their benafits.

2: They know they can see any guest they want. So there's no worrying about having to getting in through the doors into the scrum to get VTs.

3: They know they can see any talks they want. So no running to get talk tickets.

4: They know they don't have to wait in line to get good seats in talks, they get to go to the front even if they get there 2 minutes before.

5: The extras like goody bags, but I honestly don't see these as a reason why people would get one, they're just an extra.

They've decided to see the show in first class, you see no point in buying anything other than the standard ticket.

When you fly or go on the train do you walk into first class and tell them they're all foolish for paying extra when you've got the samething for a lot less. Well news flash for you, you haven't got the same thing. You've got a smaller seat and on a plane, rubber food. They choose to pay to get a better service.

It's the same with the Gold Pass, you think you're getting the same thing, well you're not. You have uncertainty and waiting, they don't have these (apart from the 15 minutes in each real queue).

To me that's what the Gold Pass gives you, certainty and so removes the stress from the day. To you no stress isn't worth the price of a Gold Pass that doesn't mean that it's not worth that to others.

I think thats what I was trying to say, you just said it better :YAHOO:

Maybe there is a little jealousy here? I for one would like to have enough money to get a Gold Pass! :poki:

I think TooTall nailed this one with his cracking response.

I can see why gold passess are useful after having had one this time but for me to have one again the mighty Burt Reynolds would have to be there

please bring back Burt!!!

BBBC forever :firedevil:

All very good points and ones I would not disagree with however it does not necessarily address the points I made at the start of the thread.

I was asking that why on the Sunday did a number of people turn up early in order to queue when they did not need to arrive until opening time (10:00) at the earliest. The answer that some have given is that they arrive early as they come with non-GP holding friends. Fine but in which case why did they not stand with their friends until opening time as opposed to seeming leaving their friends so in order to be in GP door queue? Sorry the contradiction in explanation and actions is obvious.

The second point was about GP holders getting VT’s. It is said that they were getting them for their friends, which sounds fine except that in the four cases I saw that they were getting them for their own use and needed the crew to explain that they did not need them. Did people not understand the benefits the ticket brings.

Until Gold Passes comes with a certain number of free autos per ticket it will remain a ticket of questionable value (this is a point which has been continually made). Until that time I fully accept that the biggest benefit remains the opportunity to have a queue free day, which with a good guest line up, is a big incentive. On Sunday the fact remains that a number (yes obviously not all) of GP tickets decided not to take up this benefit, which is the reason I made the point why get a god passes?

All very good points and ones I would not disagree with however it does not necessarily address the points I made at the start of the thread.

I was asking that why on the Sunday did a number of people turn up early in order to queue when they did not need to arrive until opening time (10:00) at the earliest. The answer that some have given is that they arrive early as they come with non-GP holding friends. Fine but in which case why did they not stand with their friends until opening time as opposed to seeming leaving their friends so in order to be in GP door queue? Sorry the contradiction in explanation and actions is obvious.

The second point was about GP holders getting VT’s. It is said that they were getting them for their friends, which sounds fine except that in the four cases I saw that they were getting them for their own use and needed the crew to explain that they did not need them. Did people not understand the benefits the ticket brings.

Until Gold Passes comes with a certain number of free autos per ticket it will remain a ticket of questionable value (this is a point which has been continually made). Until that time I fully accept that the biggest benefit remains the opportunity to have a queue free day, which with a good guest line up, is a big incentive. On Sunday the fact remains that a number (yes obviously not all) of GP tickets decided not to take up this benefit, which is the reason I made the point why get a god passes?

I admit I was early on Sunday this was due to a sleepless night so thats my reason for been in the q so early. Passing note this was my 5th (possibly last) gold pass and have enjoyed the benefits to the full also the standards were better at £250.

Well I didnt even go on the Sunday as did everything on the Saturday I wanted to.

Even though people in your view on the Sunday made the Gold Pass pointless........the fact still remains people have the right to get whatever ticket they want, attend the event in the way they want to without being criticised and made to feel like they are stupid on these boards.

If you think the Gold Passes are a waste of time, simple.......dont get one but others may see it differently, thats up to them. I dont understand the issue or the point of this thread at all. If you dont want one dont get one.

The thread title is: "Fools Gold", what is the point" when really it should be "Fools Thread, what is the point"

Edited by rich5wolves

Well I didnt even go on the Sunday as did everything on the Saturday I wanted to.

Even though people in your view on the Sunday made the Gold Pass pointless........the fact still remains people have the right to get whatever ticket they want, attend the event in the way they want to without being criticised and made to feel like they are stupid on these boards.

If you think the Gold Passes are a waste of time, simple.......dont get one but others may see it differently, thats up to them. I dont understand the issue or the point of this thread at all. If you dont want one dont get one.

The thread title is: "Fools Gold", what is the point" when really it should be "Fools Thread, what is the point"

end of sentance .(Full stop)

end of sentance .(Full stop)

yeah end of sentence (with an "e" ) full stop. :chair: