Fools Gold

Noddy

I would just like to add that I also had a gold pass and I think it was well worth the money.

I got to meet 13 guests for a total of 20 autographs + 2 ladys elsewhere in town for a total of 4 autographs. If I hadn't had the gold pass, I likely wouldn't have risked leaving to meet the 2 other ladys. And eventhough I left for about 2 hours then I could easily have meet all the others on saturday if they had all been there (I had plenty of sparetime). And still attend the 2 talks I wanted to hear. I would like to have been at more talks but I didn't want to spend all my time with talks, though most of the people having talks were people of interest to me.

My main reason for buying the gold pass was to meet Carrie Fisher. From what I read on this board the last time she did C6. Then some never got to meet her. And some of those who did had been in que since 5am or something like that. Besides it was my understanding, that she perhapos would allow posed pictures early on the day, but forbid them later. And sure enough that was just the case. Though she allowed posed photos a lot longer than I thought she would. But with my luck and without a gold pass I would likely have been just to late for a posed photo - unless all other planning should be based on meeting her with me in que from way to early.

Besides I don't live in UK, so going to this event was a bit more than just swinging by. And therefore I wanted to make damn sure I wouldn't miss out.

I am not trying to start up the debat again. I just wanted to give my reasons for buying the gold pass. And for the record I would buy another if there was a guest eaqually important to me as Carrie Fisher. £175 isn't really that much compared to how much my trip to UK has cost me total.

I think it is cool that we don't all agree about the usefullness of the gold pass. That means that I stand a better chance of getting one again next time I want to attend a show with a big profile guest.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the Gold Pass shouldnt apparently be bought on the strength of just the goody bag and auto pack, I thought the standards of the 2 were awful.

The goody bag was not.......well good......and the auto pack was weak. (one of my autos was damaged)

Having seen what was in other peoples bags the standard seemed the same but talking to another Gold Pass holder, cough Aspen cough, who has had many a Gold Pass, the standards have definately slipped.

Collectors on the whole love things exclusive. The word exclusive is attractive when you put it in the same sentence as Collectables. Its part of the sales pitch on the gold pass write up. I can therefore justify in being disappointed when Im told I will get an exclusive Universal goody bag and end up with nothing of note. I wasnt the only one to feel this way.

The auto pack - I had 1 repeat auto and one was damaged...........seems to me that if these two extras are to be used to help sell the Gold Pass the standard and the organisation of them needs to be better.

Edited by rich5wolves

Although the Gold Pass shouldnt apparently be bought on the strength of just the goody bag and auto pack, I thought the standards of the 2 were awful.

The goody bag was not.......well good......and the auto pack was weak. (one of my autos was damaged)

Having seen what was in other peoples bags the standard seemed the same but talking to another Gold Pass holder, cough Aspen cough, who has had many a Gold Pass, the standards have definately slipped.

Collectors on the whole love things exclusive. The word exclusive is attractive when you put it in the same sentence as Collectables. Its part of the sales pitch on the gold pass write up. I can therefore justify in being disappointed when Im told I will get an exclusive Universal goody bag and end up with nothing of note. I wasnt the only one to feel this way.

The auto pack - I had 1 repeat auto and one was damaged...........seems to me that if these two extras are to be used to help sell the Gold Pass the standard and the organisation of them needs to be better.

Not the place mate get in touch on myspace its in my signature. Also hope I'm cool to join BBBC

Well I got a Gold Pass and it was worth every penny!!!

For a start the goody bag, although it could have been better, contained autographs which would've cost me £85, along with a limited edition lithograph, which at a print run of 300, which is practically unique, and some other little items which added to the goody bag.

I was able to sit in the front row of every talk I wanted to see (Before I had to leave early cause the on-line check-in on my flight wasn't working and I had to be at Heathrow over an hour before my flight! :( ).

I didn't have to pay for entry, I arrived at 8:55am and joined the gold pass queue, without having to stand in the massive queue which almost encircled Earls Court, although it was a bit of a balls up as the main queue decided to run through the Gold Pass door, then we had to queue to get our pass.

I didn't need to hang around for VT ticket numbers (EG 800 for Carrie Fisher which would've kept me there until 4/5pm) and simply joined the queue of every guest I wished to see, leaving me plenty of time to enjoy the sunshine and the england game while most people had either got fed up and gone home or missed it!

And I have to agree with the majority of posters, what anyone does with their money is their business :chair: !!! I respect the views of everybody, even if I do think dressing up is a bit odd, but all the same it's up to them to do what they do, and I respect that. The gold pass, to me, was worth every penny.

Adam

http://www.adam-smith.co.uk

Hey!

Just so you know, the problem with the doors was that the people with early bird tickets door did not open. Thats why alot of people had no other option but to run through the gold ticket queue. The people who were in front of the door that had not opened had been there since the early hours of the morning, and were moved out of the main queue into a side queue, as they already had early bird tickets (signs not being very clear etc). There really was no other option for those people, as they had been there for hours and every other door was already opened.

It was a big mix up.

I am glad you had fun

and on another note, I would definately get a gold ticket at an elijah wood event if I could afford it!

- Pops x

I'd love a gold pass but only if there was a really big name that i wanted to see. When I go to events I'm usually there before half 7 because I travel overnight on the bus and if I got a gold ticket I would still be there at that time, after all a guest may have to stop signing for whatever reason so the earlier you get there the better.

It's disappointing there are people with less agreeable attitudes but you really shouldn't let yourselves get so riled - some people bought it, some didn't, some think it's a silly idea, others don't - the power of choice is a great thing and we've all got it so why don't we just leave that to each other? :wub:

Opinions about gold passes are fine, getting annoyed at each other over it isn't so grand - it just seems a bit silly arguing over something that's past and is a matter of personal choice. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me but I mean no offence to anyone :)

you guys all need to chill seriously. Gold pass people, not saying you werwe stupid for getting gold passes as they were for sale so yeah, people obviously bought them for a "good" deal. I managed fien without one but perhaps soem people feel the need to obtain a gold pass to feel superious to all the rest of us queing for about 3 hours about a mile away form where the talk or signing actually is! xxx

Superior to people queuing?? I bought a pass because it guarantees you will see the guests and not miss out, when Dreyfuss, Fisher and Wood were there I felt the need. I didnt give anyone else who might be queuing a second thought, definately not superior to them. It was my first Gold Pass too so I learnt a lot about them having now had one.

Maybe we havnt got a superiority complex, maybe the simple fact that you brought that up means you have an inferiority one though :dance:

My Gold Pass was actually not too bad due to an error by Showmasters, not going to say what it was but lets just say I was twice as happy than I would have been normally. :WINCE: (Aspen wink wink)

Have you joined myspace yet mate