Guest cancellation - Christopher Lee

umm...

ANY such event is equally unstable.

the plus side with SM is that its not REQUIRED to pay £100 or more to get in the door. as far as i'm aware, other organisers DO expect that kind of commitment, MONTHS in advance, even with almost no guestlist to speak of. or a guestlist that can almost entirely change overnight.

and i'll say now, you were well aware that such things can happen. fair enough, its not expected, and its certainly hoped it won't, but you bought the pass in full knowledge that no guest was absolutely guaranteed.

Calumn, i agree, the guests that are still confirmed make the event very worth going to. thankfully, for me, they'll all have a good chance of bein back again :dance:

Ugh. It's a message board for people to discuss things. No ones criticising SM just expressing dissapointment. You don't have to be there to defend SM's/the system/life every other second. It's a nice day - Go play in the sun or something! :P :P

umm, i'm a vampire. i BURN in the sun.

the system? i hate the system.

SM? i certainly DON'T support them all the time. but to complain over the instability of an event, when fully aware of it, is - to me - criticism that is uncalled for :P

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm...

the plus side with SM is that its not REQUIRED to pay £100 or more to get in the door. as far as i'm aware, other organisers DO expect that kind of commitment, MONTHS in advance, even with almost no guestlist to speak of. or a guestlist that can almost entirely change overnight.

and i'll say now, you were well aware that such things can happen. fair enough, its not expected, and its certainly hoped it won't, but you bought the pass in full knowledge that no guest was absolutely guaranteed.

Calumn, i agree, the guests that are still confirmed make the event very worth going to. thankfully, for me, they'll all have a good chance of bein back again :P

exactly it is a risk, one which in future is clearly not worth taking.

in which case, it can be argued that it was NEVER worth taking ;)

due, of course, to the inherent instability of such events ;)

True, just took the feeling of being absolutely shafted for me to see it that way. I was gutted when Dreyfuss did it and whether its Lees fault or not im even more so now than I was then. From now on every time SM announce a major guest Im really looking forward to seeing I will just view it as a bonus if they actually turn up and not pin everything on it. You live and learn I guess. :P

umm...

Calumn, i agree, the guests that are still confirmed make the event very worth going to. thankfully, for me, they'll all have a good chance of bein back again :P

Ugh. It's a message board for people to discuss things. No ones criticising SM just expressing dissapointment. You don't have to be there to defend SM's/the system/life every other second. It's a nice day - Go play in the sun or something! :P;)

lol Halleujah! :dance:

Edited by Too Tall

I have a new theory, I reckon Christopher Lee was never actually booked for this event and the Showmasters lied about him being booked because ticket sales were poor and they needed an incentive, knowing that they could just pretend he cancelled when it was too late for anyone to chance their plans. I also think that the moon landing was faked and that Hitler is currently alive and funding the Argentine national football team, which is why they are playing so well.

I have a new theory, I reckon Christopher Lee was never actually booked for this event and the Showmasters lied about him being booked because ticket sales were poor and they needed an incentive, knowing that they could just pretend he cancelled when it was too late for anyone to chance their plans. I also think that the moon landing was faked and that Hitler is currently alive and funding the Argentine national football team, which is why they are playing so well.

i think you're joking.

i HOPE you're joking, because the cancellation of the biggest guest is going to turn ppl AWAY, not bring them in.

its gonna hurt SM more than us.

and as JA says, they could be sued - hell, that would hurt.

and it would hurt us as well, since they'd probably end up bankrupted.

Unfortunately we regret to announce that due to a minor incident in which he injured his leg, Christopher Lee will no longer be able to attend LFCC this weekend. I know that this will come as a disappointment to many of you (and indeed to us as we were very much looking forward to working with him), however we will be working to bring him to a future event. We would like to pass on Mr Lee's regret that he cannot join you tomorrow but he is looking forward to attending at a later date.

We wish him a speedy recovery and look forward to working with him in the future.

I know that myself and a few others well and truly saw this coming.

Something happened this week which we picked up on, something which has happened before.

No one else here seems to have sussed.

Coincedence or not? You can all decide.

Something happened this week which we picked up on, something which has happened before.

Want to share with the group? I hate it when people just post and run. If you've got a point to make - politely make it and let people decide for themselves. Don't just make cryptic statements and run away. What's the point of that?

Jenny

Who only believes conspiracy theories when they'r ein the X-Files :D

Want to share with the group? I hate it when people just post and run. If you've got a point to make - politely make it and let people decide for themselves. Don't just make cryptic statements and run away. What's the point of that?

Jenny

Who only believes conspiracy theories when they'r ein the X-Files :D

i SUSPECT the reference to this week is the forum crash - no discussion was possible during that stage, and it happened after the announcement - same day, wasn't it, or day after?

the previous incident? dreyfuss and higginson cancellations.

thats my understanding of what he refers to.

i could be wrong, of course, and hope he posts to inform us in detail of his 'logical' progression to this point, since - as a previous student of philosophy, and therefore needing a certain degree of understanding logic - i can't see the steps he's taken clearly myself, unless it includes blind faith that SM are liars, without actual evidence.

i think you're joking.

i HOPE you're joking, because the cancellation of the biggest guest is going to turn ppl AWAY, not bring them in.

its gonna hurt SM more than us.

and as JA says, they could be sued - hell, that would hurt.

and it would hurt us as well, since they'd probably end up bankrupted.

He's joking !! :D

I do think its wrong that CL cant do it as its less than 24 hours notice. Im guessing the people that run this would of know yesterday. He wouldnt of hurt his leg today and then said oh wont i cant do LCC. So they must of know yesterday that he wouldnt do it. Yet they have held on till the last possible moment it seems. I know people cancel and thats cool and understandable but 24 hours before it starts is wrong IMO.

soo... if he hurts his leg this morning, he's expected to show up, even if he's in agony?

at 84?

and the forum has been DOWN for two days, so even if they knew, SM couldn't even post anything. they haven't had access.

his health is more important than our happiness, or his and SM's money.

Its not like he has to stand on his leg. He would be sitting down all day . Oh and its 2006 we have pain killers today. This is all a bit too conveniant to be honest and glad to see alot of people have there own idea about this. As i said if '' he had hurt himself today'' it would of taken longer for the cancellation to come though. He would of had to have people called out to him or gone to Hospital if its that bad. And so the last thing on his mind would of been cancelling this. Hence me saying logically it had to have happened yesterday and they have only just annouced this. And people have already started to travel today so some people will have no clue he has cancelled till tomorrow.

Get over it, the guy hurt himself. You want him to turn up just to please yourself ? His health is more important than anything.

Its not like he has to stand on his leg. He would be sitting down all day . Oh and its 2006 we have pain killers today.

too many painkillers are potentially LETHAL.

even for young folks.

and he's still got to walk occasionally, and while you never stand on your head for example a headache will RUIN your day. not to mention attitude, and it sounds like he cares about his fans more than to be ratty with them all day.

not to mention, few ppl will want to admit weakness.

As i said if '' he had hurt himself today'' it would of taken longer for the cancellation to come though. He would of had to have people called out to him or gone to Hospital if its that bad.
we don't know he hasn't been seen by a doctor. or that he isn't in hospital somewhere. and he would let it be known as quick as possible, so that he cou;dn't be sued for breach of contract et cetera.

And so the last thing on his mind would of been cancelling this. Hence me saying logically it had to have happened yesterday and they have only just annouced this.

happened yesterday or not, THE FORUM WAS DOWN.

it could not be announced till today.

And people have already started to travel today so some people will have no clue he has cancelled till tomorrow.

actually, a friend of mine is in london already, and is aware since i sent her a text. so a fair number of ppl DO know - i'm not the only one with a phone :D

and ppl tend to check the net at airports and internet cafes on the day before, just in case :blink:

Often with leg injuries it is necessary to elevate the injury (ie lying in bed with leg raised on a pillow or two) to reduce swelling and build up of toxins as well as promote healing, which can be grossly uncomfortable. On this basis it would be impractical to try and make someone sign when requiring these conditions. The severity of the injury is unknown and as far as any of us know he could be in hospital but that is none of our business. I don't think anyone's health should be at risk due to a signing event.

Its not like he has to stand on his leg. He would be sitting down all day . Oh and its 2006 we have pain killers today. This is all a bit too conveniant to be honest and glad to see alot of people have there own idea about this. As i said if '' he had hurt himself today'' it would of taken longer for the cancellation to come though. He would of had to have people called out to him or gone to Hospital if its that bad. And so the last thing on his mind would of been cancelling this. Hence me saying logically it had to have happened yesterday and they have only just annouced this. And people have already started to travel today so some people will have no clue he has cancelled till tomorrow.

true, some people will be on the way to London now and have no idea that even though a guest was announced a few days ago, hes now cancelled. Its a real kick in the teeth for these people.

However if he is too hurt to attend then obviously its right he doesnt.

There are other guests I want to see but my auto list is now down from 8 to 3 so these cancellations are going to hit the finances of the organisers etc........

Collectormania last time and whats happened here will make a few people lose a bit of faith for future events when making plans.

HAVE A GREAT TIME AND SEE YOU ALL THERE!