Previous official UK LOTR Event Features

With the unfortunate loss of the official UK LOTR event recently, another show will move in to provide a continuing source of LOTR related entertainment. What I'd like to know, for my own reasons, is if there is anything we (another show) should incorporate into our own event, or rather YOUR NEW EVENT, that could only increase our already highly successful formula?

What do you think?

e025.gif

Whoa! To the webmaster: I have no idea how "boobies!!Features got into the title or the text. I typed "boobies!!" and got boobies. Could you mend?

Edited by Too Tall

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, i think so :(

there's a few words that seem to do that, yet there's some 'obvious' swear words that don't change... one that changes is co*k one that doesn't is cu*t (yes, the asterix or 1 or whatever is needed to get around it!)

• Showmasters Admin

another show MC - It's because it's against the SM forum rules to names any event not affiliated with SM, so SM have added a number of the usual suspects to the auto filter. I've changed the title for you.

Hi There :WINCE:

I think "The Hall of Fire" was a great concept, where you could go and sit down and rest (if you wanted too, and as many times as you wanted too as well!!..) and at the same time watch and listen to different lectures and stories told by the guests......Oh! and "The Radio Play" at the end of the day was hilarious and very relaxing and sent a lot of people home still laughing and chuckling......Well it did us any way!!!! :lol:

I worked as a PA at the last one so I didn't get much of a chance to see the event. I think the ticket price needs thought. I don't think a three priced ticketing system works. It brings about alitest attitudes to fans and it can cause alienation. One price should be enough. With a limited Gold package for big spenders.

Btw, I'm happy to PA for you (I've been PA since 1992 over 30 events). As long as I get to wear my Legolas costume at some point.

Emma xx

• Showmasters Admin

Btw, I'm happy to PA for you (I've been PA since 1992 over 30 events). As long as I get to wear my Legolas costume at some point.

As another show are working with SM in the UK. My assumption is that most of the crew will be supplied by SM. If you're interested in crewing you should look at this thread >>HERE<<.

Edited by Too Tall

Hello Legolassie: Our ticketing structure has worked for 15 years on another show and 5 years with another show. It "indeed" works and it is still premature to start worrying about something that "might" not change anyway, especially since none of us knows how we'll be pricing out this event. ;)

As for "crewing" (strange term), it is even way too early to even consider that also. Much of our Admin Staff from Germany will be interspersed with SM's staff and that is yet another topic we are not ready to address for a few months now. :D

(bragging mode on) Remember, the reason SM and FC are teaming up to do one of these is because we are pretty damn good at "doing one of these". We're coming to show you excatly what we mean for those that have never been to a another show before. (bragging mode off) :(

I love the excitment this has created but I think if we limited our talks to location and the event itself, we won't be getting emails down the road about "volunteering to crew some months ago." ^_^

Get my drift? :D

Edited by FEDCON MC

I went to the first one and liked how they worked the autographs - you could pay in advance and got 3 autographs for the price ( about £30 for the dearest ( Bernard Hill and Karl Urban ) - slightly cheaper because you are getting more autos ) .

It enabled me to buy autographs on the run-in to the event , and also guaranteed that I would get to meet who I wanted - something that , sadly , SM are not always able to do - you cannot always get to a Con early , especially if you live some way away

Edited by jesterrace

I agree swan. We have too many events for this year and 2007 looks like a target date for another show UK. In the meantime, come get your fix of Tolkien by seeing us in Fulda (a beautiful city) for another show 2006. There is no way you could be disappointed.

Continual showing of 'Ringers' ( only cos I'M IN IT!)....hahaha only at the end tho, and if you blink you'll miss me LOL!

That was you had to check as blinked the first time

Hello Legolassie: Our ticketing structure has worked for 15 years on another show and 5 years with another show. It "indeed" works and it is still premature to start worrying about something that "might" not change anyway, especially since none of us knows how we'll be pricing out this event. :P

As for "crewing" (strange term), it is even way too early to even consider that also. Much of our Admin Staff from Germany will be interspersed with SM's staff and that is yet another topic we are not ready to address for a few months now. :lol:

(bragging mode on) Remember, the reason SM and FC are teaming up to do one of these is because we are pretty damn good at "doing one of these". We're coming to show you excatly what we mean for those that have never been to a another show before. (bragging mode off) :lol:

I love the excitment this has created but I think if we limited our talks to location and the event itself, we won't be getting emails down the road about "volunteering to crew some months ago." :D

Get my drift? :lol:

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I only offered sugguestion based on feedback that I have heard. I have been doing Pa/guest liasion since 1992 and sometimes forget that other people have been working as long as I have. I was part of a con committee for an event that was due to take place the same time as Fellowship but due to their success we decided to cancel. I based my information gathered by the research done prior to our event. I do wish every success with the event and look forward to attending either as staff or as an attendee.

Leggy xx

I better start blinking then *lol*

67.png

Hehehehhe, yep, and I am available for signings... :P And I'll even do 'em for FREE( as long as I can get me pics with the 'REAL STARS') :P:help::o

Continual showing of 'Ringers' ( only cos I'M IN IT!)....hahaha only at the end tho, and if you blink you'll miss me LOL!

That was you had to check as blinked the first time

Hahahhaha yeah, I couldn't even get it to keep still on the 'Pause' button... :D