Gold Pass

As Queen Sindel says - it's your own personal thoughts as to whether or not it's worth it.

But one thing that would sell it for me is that you won't run the risk of getting a high number VQ ticket for the busier quests as your Gold Pass allows you to join the queue at any time if I remember rightly....

No not worth it. I would assume that you intend the whole day at the event and therefore it makes no difference if you get autos at the end or the beggining of the day. Therefore just arrive a couple of hours early and you will get all the VT you need and save yourself ££££'s

Of course it is quite reasonable to expect that one of the headline guests (as history has proved) will cancel before the event so factor that into your considerations.

No not worth it. I would assume that you intend the whole day at the event and therefore it makes no difference if you get autos at the end or the beggining of the day. Therefore just arrive a couple of hours early and you will get all the VT you need and save yourself ££££'s

Of course it is quite reasonable to expect that one of the headline guests (as history has proved) will cancel before the event so factor that into your considerations.

970874[/snapback]

I think its worth it if you can afford it. If not then obviously queue up with the heards of other people and get there early. I got mine because yes theres around 5 or 6 autos given out with an exclusive goody bag, but mainly because it guarantees i will get to see who i want, when i want. It enables the whole day to be so much easier and with the big 3 there at the moment i would rather be walking round the event, have lunch, no stress at all of VT's and not be queing all day.............as i said if you can afford it then obviously its worth it! If not then big queues, an early start and no extra stuff is on the cards.

Its a matter of choice at the end of the day, ive got £175 lying round so got myself one and me and Aspen are meeting for a nice bevy aroung 11.30 after having met several of the guests if you care to join us! :D

As for cancellations, yes theres always the possibility but having said that Carrie and Elijah have attended before so im more than convinced they will attend and Dreyfuss is in London anyway so im quite hopeful he will appear.

Remember people who dont want one will tell you its not worth it, people like me who do have one will say it is worth it, its your choice. All id say is rather than just think someone might cancel, there will be more guests announced! Only 15 so far and usually way over 30!

with 5 or so gold passes left, id make your mind up asap as if another guest of relative status is announced it will be a clinching decision to get a gold pass for a few people!

Look this  will be by 5th I wouldn't continue to buy them if I didn't think they were worth it.

970911[/snapback]

Aspen, cant understand people who say they are not worth it! I can understand people saying they are not affordable to them at present but they are, wait for it.......... worth their weight in gold lol

The people who buy these gold tickets have too much money lying around, and not enough things to spend it on.

Why spend however many hundreds of quid buying a ticket to get to the end of a queue for a guest when past experience says most or all them are going to have open queues by lunchtime?

Fewer and fewer people are going to these events. Like it or not, you only have to look at all the people saying "oh, wasn't it quiet".

The person anyone might have trouble with will be Elijah Wood. Most people who want to meet Fisher have met her. Remember she was at MK the other year.

Anyway, 6 weeks to go until the event. Have you looked at the current guest list?

I don't think the event's going to be heaving with people unless some more very big names are announced.

I think Elijah may well cancel. Have you seen his imdb?

A gold pass would take away the headache, stress, and you could plan your day before hand alot better in my opinion. But £150, depends whether or not you're willing to spend that sort of money. Depends solely on how many guests you're planning on wanting to see.

The people who buy these gold tickets have too much money lying around, and not enough things to spend it on.

Why spend however many hundreds of quid buying a ticket to get to the end of a queue for a guest when past experience says most or all them are going to have open queues by lunchtime?

Fewer and fewer people are going to these events. Like it or not, you only have to look at all the people saying "oh, wasn't it quiet".

The person anyone might have trouble with will be Elijah Wood. Most people who want to meet Fisher have met her. Remember she was at MK the other year.

Anyway, 6 weeks to go until the event. Have you looked at the current guest list?

I don't think the event's going to be heaving with people unless some more very big names are announced.

970993[/snapback]

Megatron,

You have some valued points and yes I do have money stuffed in my matress and in offshore bank account.

The principle reason I continue to buy gold pass is I was off for a long period of time last year for many reasons which I won't go in to on here . The gold pass allows me to have a less manic day and more relaxed I can meet friends for drinks and still meet every guest I want to see (which is most of them in this case).

The bit I do agree with is less people are attending these events there could be all soughts of reasons for this mind.

Yes 6 weeks to go to this event and guest list has had no additions lately but can soon change but also CM9 has just finished so they deserve a little time off to catch up on sleep etc.

Just my view.

Aspen

arrrrrgh i so dont know what to do. it means saving money on staying over as i could get them all in one day and drive back home at night. plus i dont mind driving down early from north wales to get there...only problem i will have is navigating london alone by car :clap:

~J

970993[/snapback]

"Why spend however many hundreds of quid buying a ticket to get to the end of a queue for a guest when past experience says most or all them are going to have open queues by lunchtime?"

Yes I have lots of money.............and.................. :clap: and its one hundred and 75 pounds, have you only been to one show or something.............maybe Collectormania had open queues this time but did you see billy boyd at LFCC??? Experience would tell you that bigger guests wont have open queues!!

"Fewer and fewer people are going to these events. Like it or not, you only have to look at all the people saying "oh, wasn't it quiet"."

This was true for Collectormania 9............and which other events?? Most events ive been to, bar collecotrmania 9 have been busy.

"The person anyone might have trouble with will be Elijah Wood. Most people who want to meet Fisher have met her. Remember she was at MK the other year."

Have you heard of Richard Dreyfuss???! Never done a signing here before?? Carrie Fisher has but she will be as popular as ever (like she always is, dont underestimate the amount of Star Wars fans around) and Elijah will as you say be busy too.

"Anyway, 6 weeks to go until the event. Have you looked at the current guest list?

I don't think the event's going to be heaving with people unless some more very big names are announced."

Theres usually over 30 guests and only 15 announced so far........... The lineup is enough to attract as many people to the event as other LFCC which have been very busy at times and theres more than 6 weeks till the event. An extra week in guests announcements is a long time.

Its personal choice and at the end of the day if you can afford it, like I can, I think its worth doing.

If you want to see Elijah, Carrie and Dreyfuss like I do then you will queue for quite a while and have to get there early or not see them at all. Unless you have a Gold Pass.

We still on for drinks Aspen..... :lol:

Edited by rich5wolves

970993[/snapback]

"Why spend however many hundreds of quid buying a ticket to get to the end of a queue for a guest when past experience says most or all them are going to have open queues by lunchtime?"

Yes I have lots of money.............and.................. :lol: and its one hundred and 75 pounds, have you only been to one show or something.............maybe Collectormania had open queues this time but did you see billy boyd at LFCC??? Experience would tell you that bigger guests wont have open queues!!

"Fewer and fewer people are going to these events. Like it or not, you only have to look at all the people saying "oh, wasn't it quiet"."

This was true for Collectormania 9............and which other events?? Most events ive been to, bar collecotrmania 9 have been busy.

"The person anyone might have trouble with will be Elijah Wood. Most people who want to meet Fisher have met her. Remember she was at MK the other year."

Have you heard of Richard Dreyfuss???! Never done a signing here before?? Carrie Fisher has but she will be as popular as ever (like she always is, dont underestimate the amount of Star Wars fans around) and Elijah will as you say be busy too.

"Anyway, 6 weeks to go until the event. Have you looked at the current guest list?

I don't think the event's going to be heaving with people unless some more very big names are announced."

Theres usually over 30 guests and only 15 announced so far........... The lineup is enough to attract as many people to the event as other LFCC which have been very busy at times and theres more than 6 weeks till the event. An extra week in guests announcements is a long time.

Its personal choice and at the end of the day if you can afford it, like I can, I think its worth doing.

If you want to see Elijah, Carrie and Dreyfuss like I do then you will queue for quite a while and have to get there early or not see them at all. Unless you have a Gold Pass.

We still on for drinks Aspen..... :dance:

971157[/snapback]

defo :clap:

Quick note about how busy CM9 was.

You can't compare CM9 to LFCC4. No offense to CM9, but the LFCC4 guest list is at a grander scale, and there are still more to be announced.

971161[/snapback]

Exactly I agree totally, its a much larger event so to say its gonna be open queues for bigger guests is a bit presumtious. I think Megatron is basing it on the fact Collectormania was quiet........

Edited by rich5wolves

I would definately buy one if I could afford it. My one worry would be cancellations as obviously i would be buying it for particular guests. However that would be my whole money for the weekend...........so I definately cannot afford it at all!

I think the easiest way to think of it (if this helps you decide whether to get one or not) is: How many guests do you want to see, who are they and how much do you want to meet them. The more big names you really want the more reason for getting a gold ticket. I can see that having a gold ticket would really take the stress out of the day if you wanted to meet a lot of the guests. No early morning queueing, no stress trying to get VQ tickets, more time to shop or meet people....

Personally I haven't ever had one and don't see myself getting one. I only ever see a few specific people (Stargate actors) so have never had much of a problem with queues and such. The only time I would buy one hands down was if SM ever convinced Richard Dean Anderson to attend. If he did, i'd be scrambling to buy one just to be sure.