star trek wars Vs star trek

Badboy6555

totally the oppisite for me, Star Wars comes out on top every time! there is simply no competition!

943540[/snapback]

i dont think you have seen 'first contact' yet then

943594[/snapback]

Or Generations. Definately one of the funniest SciFis around - hehe.

I like them both. Although admittedly, the new Star Wars films (more specifically, Episode 1 - the others aren't too bad) don't do well in my book. I'm a huge SW fan, collecting comics and games and the like, aswell, but I love ST just as much, if not more, since it's never let me down. I thought that Enterprise would disapoint me, but when I got used to it, there was no turning it off. I love them both! Lol.

I think this is an unfair comparison.

Star Wars is a fairytale set in space - I do not think of it as "sci-fi". I am certainly not a sci-fi person. I have watched Star Trek old, new, movies, etc and it doesn't engage me in the same way as Star Wars at all. That also goes for Stargate and so on.

Lucas basically re-interpreted Ancient Greek myths, Camelot, and more recently The Lord of the Rings and put in an imaginary space universe...very different from the concept of humans from earth going into space. In a similar way to the children stepping into Narnia via the wardrobe, or Harry Potter going to Hogwarts via Platform 9 3/4, there is direct linkage between our reality and unreality.

Star Wars, like The Lord of the Rings, is in a universe of all its own. Yes, there are humans in it, but they are not from Earth! Even taking into account the very human stories that make us care about the characters in SW and LOTR, that makes a world of difference.

That is why it is unfair comparison.

Even though the prequels have been largely disappointing, and certain elements of the Special Editions are abominations (the "Disney" Jabba's Palace re-edit!), Star Wars rules every time!

:blink:

I thought i just mention to those Star Trek people out there, that Sci-fi are showing Star Trek 2,3,4 5 and 6 including Generations over the Easter Weekend.

Also they having something planned for the 40th Aniversary later in the year. I don't know what yet, but if you check out their website closer to the day, they will release details then. www.sci-fiuk.com

I thought i just mention to those Star Trek people out there, that Sci-fi are showing Star Trek 2,3,4 5 and 6 including Generations over the Easter Weekend.

Also they having something planned for the 40th Aniversary later in the year. I don't know what yet, but if you check out their website closer to the day, they will release details then. www.sci-fiuk.com

946579[/snapback]

Thanks for the heads up, mate (*wonders off to poke all friends that possess Sci-Fi :lol:). Perhaps you should post that in the Star Trek section of the site? No doubt that other fans will want to know ;)

Star Wars Hands down.  :dance:  I absolutely HATE Star Trek with a passion :YAHOO:

944918[/snapback]

Yaeh im with you on that one. The first couple of st films i liked but you cant compare the genious that is the original star wars trilogy, if it wasnt for these revoltionary films you wouldnt have had your Lord of the Rings, Jurassic parks, etc, etc, etc, they were the benchmark for how films should be made and told if ya watch the extras on the original star wars trilogy youll see Pete Jackson, Ridley Scott etc saying exactly this.

Oh and where are there any star trek films in the top 20 grossing films of all time let alone top 10!! i think this shows how the majority feel :yoda:

• 4 weeks later...