Carl Weathers

JacknDaniel

I met Carl at LFCC2 and spent quite a while talking to him. He didn't pose for photos unfortuanetly. He was a nice guest and I plan on seeing him again. Obviously he's more chatty though when he aint busy.

That weekend at LFCC2 I saw him on Sat and Sun and re remembered me. I spoke to him mostly about Predator and weight-training. Hopefully at C9 he'll pose for pics.

DisneyDude will be able to tell you more as he sat next to him all day on the Sunday.

Edited by nicky

He was one of my fave guests and I've met many going back as far as C4 but he'll keep a conversation going with you if you know what you're talking about...I hear many people asked him why he wasn't in Predator 2....cos he died in the first movie!!

Thanks for the insight! Ive been watching the Rocky films recently and have loved him more and more in them when watching them, hopefully i'll be able to have the guts to talk to him quite a bit

All I want now is Mr.T as a guest and I can die happy!!

He was pleasent enough as I remember, the only downside was his selection of photos.

He had plenty of Predator ones but the Rocky pics were a bit lacking. The only two he had was one of him posing (fine if you're that way inclined!) and one of him squaring up to Ivan Drago.

I would have preferred one with him fighting Stallone

When I met 'im (at LFACC2), I thought he woz a missrable git.

Didnt say a single thing and once he signed me photo, da showmastas person next to 'im pushed me away like I was a piece a dirt.

Did force me way bac to shake his hand though, which didnt quite make up for it (£20 quid for THAT? A mere 'andshake)

Still, im shure he aint dat bad if ya catch 'im at a good time.

When I met 'im (at LFACC2), I thought he woz a missrable git.

Didnt say a single thing and once he signed me photo, da showmastas person next to 'im pushed me away like I was a piece a dirt.

Did force me way bac to shake his hand though, which didnt quite make up for it (£20 quid for THAT?  A mere 'andshake)

Still, im shure he aint dat bad if ya catch 'im at a good time.

928652[/snapback]

I hope you dont mean me !! As i pushed NO ONE aside. its not my nature too.

Carl is a very nice guy to talk to and particularly loves talking about his more rare roles than his more famous ones.

Also just to point out, Carl has no trouble whatsoever in personalising your autograph, he's not too keen on posing for pictures but if he's quiet at the end of the day , then based on LFACC2 he told people to come back for a posed photo.

And just a reminder for people wanting his autograph, please note that carl WILL NOT add any character names to his signatures however much you ask as he believes in not being tied to any one character.

I hope you dont mean me !!  As i pushed NO ONE aside.  its not my nature too.

It was more likely that rather horizontally challenged girl, the one every complanied about on the forum...whatever happened to her I wonder?

928672[/snapback]

I GOT 47 ITEMS SIGNED BY HIM ON THE THE SATURDAY AND THE GIRL SAT WITH HIM WAS VERY RUDE...

HE DID NOT SAY VERY MUCH AND AFTER QUEING UP 10 TIMES AND PAYING OUT JUST OVER £700 HE STILL WOULD NOT POSE FOR A PHOTO

I TOOK MAY OF HIM SIGNING MY ROCKY SHORTS AND GLOVES AND MY RAIDERS FOOTBALL TOPS BUT YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT AT THE END OF THE DAY WHEN I WENT BACK WITH NO QUE A PHOTO SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN FOR ME BUT NO THE GIRL SAID GO AWAY HOW RUDE WAS THAT WE FELT LIKE GIVING HER A WELL EARNED SLAP...

BUT I WILL STILL GO AND SEE HIM AGAIN JUST TO SEE IF HE REMEMBERS ME

928672[/snapback]

I GOT 47 ITEMS SIGNED BY HIM ON THE THE SATURDAY AND THE GIRL SAT WITH HIM WAS VERY RUDE...

HE DID NOT SAY VERY MUCH AND AFTER QUEING UP 10 TIMES AND PAYING OUT JUST OVER £700 HE STILL WOULD NOT POSE FOR A PHOTO

I TOOK MAY OF HIM SIGNING MY ROCKY SHORTS AND GLOVES AND MY RAIDERS FOOTBALL TOPS BUT YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT AT THE END OF THE DAY WHEN I WENT BACK WITH NO QUE A PHOTO SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN FOR ME BUT NO THE GIRL SAID GO AWAY HOW RUDE WAS THAT WE FELT LIKE GIVING HER A WELL EARNED SLAP...

928702[/snapback]

blimey... after all that signing he did I'm sure he will recognise you, don't worry .

• Showmasters Admin

It was more likely that rather horizontally challenged girl, the one every complanied about on the forum...whatever happened to her I wonder?

928672[/snapback]

928702[/snapback]

2 things:

1: If in future you have that many things to sign do go and talk to the organisers. One of them is always available at the organisers booth. They would (I'm sure) have made it easier for you than having to queue up 10 times.

2: Writing is CAPITALS on a forum is considered shouting. I can see you are still upset about this, but in future please take the Caps Lock off.

Edited by Too Tall

928672[/snapback]

928702[/snapback]

Well i would like to say that i was the girl sitting with him on Sat at the LFCC2, at no point during the day was i rude to anyone and if i remember rightly the person with all the shorts , gloves and helmets wouldnt take no for an answer about the photo.

Carl made it clear to me at the beggining of the day that his eyes were sore, hence the wearing of sunglasses all day and that he really did not want to do posed photo's. anyone that asked was told politley that they were not what the guest wanted. If you are the person that i am remembering i must have told you every single time that he didnt want to and at the very end of the day you still came back and asked again, if it seemed i snapped at you i am sorry that wasnt my intention but it is very frustrating being a crew member and havng to say the same thing time and time again to the same people (that in no way excuses rude behaviour which i dont feel was the case with me), and you have to admit queing 10 times was a lot and the answer was the same every time.

I am sorry if you feel slighted by that but at the end of the day we are doing as the guest requested.

And as for being "horizontally challenged" thats not a comment on my behaviour its a personal attack on how i look and i am afraid that you have NO right to do that. i think an apology for that should be forthcoming but i wont hold my breath.

This has made me very upset as carl was my first really high profile guest i had GA'd with , i was very nervous about getting things right not only with the guest but with the public too, at the end of my day i was told by the security people that carl was happy with how i had done, so to now find out that there were people that complained has made me quite sad and annoyed.

I have worked more events for showmasters since and i have never had any other complaints, i pride myself on by up and happy during events as they are the highlight of my year, on the C8 thread i was even thanked for helping quite a few people, so i take it very personally that i am being abused in this way. Please if you have any complaints about the way i behaved email me personally and i will be happy to address them and as for personal comments please keep them to yourself.

Thanks Bella

Edited by Bellatrix72

I met Carl at REMOVED here in The Netherlands and I had a nice chat with him. Posed photos weren't allowed at the signing tables, as they had charged photo sessions, but overall he was quite pleasant.

This was a much smaller event than Collectormania though.

EDIT - It is against forum rules to post the name or discuss an event not run by or affiliated with Showmasters.

Edited by Too Tall

I wouldn't nind paying for a photo with him atall if that was the case.

Apparently, you can buy replica Apollo Creed Shorts on Ebay for £16 each. Need to find one and a boxing glove to get signed by him.

Plus, Is Carl a RARE guest? After reading boards and previous it seems like he does a few. How would you compare him in Rareity?

Edited by lee_c00per

• 2 weeks later...

928672[/snapback]

928702[/snapback]

Well i would like to say that i was the girl sitting with him on Sat at the LFCC2, at no point during the day was i rude to anyone and if i remember rightly the person with all the shorts , gloves and helmets wouldnt take no for an answer about the photo.

Carl made it clear to me at the beggining of the day that his eyes were sore, hence the wearing of sunglasses all day and that he really did not want to do posed photo's. anyone that asked was told politley that they were not what the guest wanted. If you are the person that i am remembering i must have told you every single time that he didnt want to and at the very end of the day you still came back and asked again, if it seemed i snapped at you i am sorry that wasnt my intention but it is very frustrating being a crew member and havng to say the same thing time and time again to the same people (that in no way excuses rude behaviour which i dont feel was the case with me), and you have to admit queing 10 times was a lot and the answer was the same every time.

I am sorry if you feel slighted by that but at the end of the day we are doing as the guest requested.

And as for being "horizontally challenged" thats not a comment on my behaviour its a personal attack on how i look and i am afraid that you have NO right to do that. i think an apology for that should be forthcoming but i wont hold my breath.

This has made me very upset as carl was my first really high profile guest i had GA'd with , i was very nervous about getting things right not only with the guest but with the public too, at the end of my day i was told by the security people that carl was happy with how i had done, so to now find out that there were people that complained has made me quite sad and annoyed.

I have worked more events for showmasters since and i have never had any other complaints, i pride myself on by up and happy during events as they are the highlight of my year, on the C8 thread i was even thanked for helping quite a few people, so i take it very personally that i am being abused in this way. Please if you have any complaints about the way i behaved email me personally and i will be happy to address them and as for personal comments please keep them to yourself.

Thanks Bella

929565[/snapback]

Can I just say that being a massive, die hard Rocky fan that meeting Carl Weathers was a big thing for me, only for it to be ruined by your tone of voice, choice of language and general demeanour.

I do not wish to start an argument or attack anyone on a personal level (because personal attacks are never called for), but for you to come on here and say that you were not rude and pride yourself on being "up and happy" at these events is a slap in a face not just for myself, but for every other person who felt rear-ended by you that day.

I understand you were following orders, and that you had to do things that people wouldn't like, but I for one will not remember just meeting one of my favourite entertainers, I will remember your attitude being out of place and sullying the entire moment. I do not come to these events to be shouted at or treated badly by Collectormania staff (which on the whole does not happen).

Once again, I am trying to provide constructive criticism, and hope that in future you can remember that people want to enjoy special moments and do not want moments ruined by un-needed aggression.

I have placed this on the forum instead of emailing you as I have been very vocal on your treatment of me that day on here before, and I would like to hear what you have to say to me and the others - as for apologies, I think I will wait for yours too, it's been a long time coming.

RB

Can I just say that being a massive, die hard Rocky fan that meeting Carl Weathers was a big thing for me, only for it to be ruined by your tone of voice, choice of language and general demeanour.

I do not wish to start an argument or attack anyone on a personal level (because personal attacks are never called for), but for you to come on here and say that you were not rude and pride yourself on being "up and happy" at these events is a slap in a face not just for myself, but for every other person who felt rear-ended by you that day.

I understand you were following orders, and that you had to do things that people wouldn't like, but I for one will not remember just meeting one of my favourite entertainers, I will remember your attitude being out of place and sullying the entire moment. I do not come to these events to be shouted at or treated badly by Collectormania staff (which on the whole does not happen).

Once again, I am trying to provide constructive criticism, and hope that in future you can remember that people want to enjoy special moments and do not want moments ruined by un-needed aggression.

I have placed this on the forum instead of emailing you as I have been very vocal on your treatment of me that day on here before, and I would like to hear what you have to say to me and the others - as for apologies, I think I will wait for yours too, it's been a long time coming.

RB

This just about sums it up for me. I felt that you were more than over aggressive on that morning with Mr Weathers, there was no need for the shouting at customers either. I only have bad memories of meeting Carl because of this, and I am dubious as to if I will ever meet him again now. Once again not sounding patronising, but you should take this as a learning experience on how you deal with people in future, especially when young children are around.

Edited by sydney_bristow

Have to agree with Matt and Sydney. I met Carl pretty much at the end of the Sunday. The hall was dying down and I went straight up to him. My meet was straightforward and .... fine, but I heard a lot about the bad blood afterwards, from several people directly, as well as on here. They can't all be wrong ....

• Showmasters Admin

I've closed this thread as it is no longer about Carl but has become a complaint against a member of the crew.

As has been said before. If anyone has a problem with a member of the crew please go and see someone at the Organisers booth "there and then". The issue can then be addressed.

Edited by Too Tall