Regarding William Shatner

showmasters

I know this is going to be a stupid question but I can only do Sunday and plan to arrive at around 9am and I was wondering if its realy worth queing up for Shatner ? As he's only doing 2 hours whats my chances ? If I did que for him I could be missing out on other guests especaily if V-queing doesnt happen.

870861[/snapback]

Its worth a go, at the last show I had quite a high number for Sean Astin and to be fair at the rate he was going through sigs he got through a massive number and had an open queue by early afternoon.

From what I've heard of the Shatner he doesnt hang about so its always worth having a go

870937[/snapback]

Thanks might be worth a try if V-Queing is going other wise I'll miss out on other guests !

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin
I know this is going to be a stupid question but I can only do Sunday and plan to arrive at around 9am and I was wondering if its realy worth queing up for Shatner ? As he's only doing 2 hours whats my chances ? If I did que for him I could be missing out on other guests especaily if V-queing doesnt happen.

870861[/snapback]

Its worth a go, at the last show I had quite a high number for Sean Astin and to be fair at the rate he was going through sigs he got through a massive number and had an open queue by early afternoon.

From what I've heard of the Shatner he doesnt hang about so its always worth having a go

870937[/snapback]

Thanks might be worth a try if V-Queing is going other wise I'll miss out on other guests !

872128[/snapback]

Bill will 100% have VTs. I'm sorry but I think 9am will be too late to see Bill on Sunday with him only doing 2 hours.

Please do check my ANSWERS thread. This kind of thing is almost always already answered in there.

SHATNER, William @ C8 - He will be very busy. And on Friday and Sunday he is only doing half days.

Friday - He'll get through about 400 tickets. So be there by 8:00, after that I'll be surprised if you get to see him.

Saturday - He'll get through about 1000 tickets, So be there by 9:00, after 10am I'll be surprised if you get to see him.

Sunday - He'll get through about 300 tickets. So be there by 7:45, after that I'll be surprised if you get to see him.

Has anyone actually met William Shatner before?

I'm really looking forward to it but is he really as much as a grumpy old man as I've heard? I dont want to get all excited but then have a really crappy experience like with Nick B last year. He barely looked up from the autograph, only begrudgingly shook our hands and there were DeFiNiTeLy no posed pictures. Been to enough of these things to know that yeaaaaah they're tired n bored n I'm just a nobody but I'm paying my hard earned CASH to queue up and grovel at their feet and the least I demand is some gawd damned respect!

Anyway, my point is...um...oh yeah, what's the Shatner like in the flesh n does being a pretty lady give me a better chance of getting a nice picture or a few seconds chat time?

Guess I'll just have to get my Saturday ticket as early as poss to see him before he's tired hacked off.

jupiter jenny

not met him myself yet but your warning has dampened my enthusiasm

i met another big star trek star elsewhere last year (Leonard Nimoy) and that was also a really shallow experience as per your description of NB, he`s the only Buffy one i haven`t bothered with as many have said he`s miserable, i try and avoid them he keeps doing the events so obviously likes the money perhaps someone should point out he could get more if he had a better attitude ( they are actors surely they can act interested for a few hours) you can try his double this year anyway !

i think the organisers should really have a few quiet words with some of the big stars

they obviously want the money for doing the event so should be a bit more accomodating and should be told to personalise and write other short comments etc if fans request it

this Carrie Fisher won't write Leia, James Marsters no photos etc etc is extremely annoying after all they are only big stars because they were Leia not for the obscure things they have been in since, how big a Queue would Carrie hae had if she hadn`t been Leia ?

Personally i have already stopped getting 2 signatures of big stars just go for the one now

any many more bad experiences and i`ll give up completely, you can get the autographs from many of the stalls for the same price and without queing for hours and getting a dissapointing experience

depends what your into try a few of the more minor stars some of them have been great even for an average bloke like me

Remote

remote i also met Leonard nimoy last year and was very disappointed how he took the photo signed it and moved on to the next. you werent allowed photos. you had to take them from the side.

William Shatner is one of the nicest men depending on his mood. Different people have different experiences

I'm really looking forward to it but is he really as much as a grumpy old man as I've heard?

Dont listen to what people say they are just trying to stop you from meeting him so they have a better chance.

I say go for it. what ever mood hes in is his decision

remote i also met Leonard nimoy last year and was very disappointed how he took the photo signed it and moved on to the next. you werent allowed photos. you had to take them from the side.

William Shatner is one of the nicest men depending on his mood. Different people have different experiences

I'm really looking forward to it but is he really as much as a grumpy old man as I've heard?

Dont listen to what people say they are just trying to stop you from meeting him so they have a better chance.

873396[/snapback]

i still intend to meet him queues permitting

so i`ll report back

hope organisers read these forum's to see how we feel about guests

bad attitude guests affect their business in the long run

if the guests are just going to do a LM (NB not a showmasters event) or NB they need not bother coming.

873396[/snapback]

I'm not going, so does my opinion count as half-way neutral? :(

I experienced him as an extremely grumpy old man, and if I was going I wouldn'T have bothered with him again.

But as it has been said, go for it anyway. Maybe you have a better experience. :P

Just been to MK City Centre its Door 14 - Costa Coffee side.  There was a notice on the door stating that they would admit at 8.00am - Which is it 8 or 9?

873449[/snapback]

They will probaley open the doors at 8am but then you will have to queue inside until 9am when they will start to hand out the tickets, thats how its been at previous shows.

• Showmasters Admin
Has anyone actually met William Shatner before?

I'm really looking forward to it but is he really as much as a grumpy old man as I've heard? I dont want to get all excited but then have a really crappy experience like with Nick B last year. He barely looked up from the autograph, only begrudgingly shook our hands and there were DeFiNiTeLy no posed pictures. Been to enough of these things to know that yeaaaaah they're tired n bored n I'm just a nobody but I'm paying my hard earned CASH to queue up and grovel at their feet and the least I demand is some gawd damned respect!

Anyway, my point is...um...oh yeah, what's the Shatner like in the flesh n does being a pretty lady give me a better chance of getting a nice picture or a few seconds chat time?

Guess I'll just have to get my Saturday ticket as early as poss to see him before he's tired hacked off.

873341[/snapback]

Welcome back Jenny. If you're about today come and say hi. I'll be around :unsure: And at the bowling tonight.

Howdy TT!

I'm stuck at stinky work today but I'm gonna speed down from london as soon as I can tonight. Haven't actually booked a B+B yet tho, should really get organised. Think anyone would mind me sleeping in the car park tonight...?

I'm very jealous of all the people there today, I was supposed to be in the Shatner line at 6 this morning but work wouldnt let me go. Damn The Man! Anyone who made it come n tell me all about it at the Bowl this evening, see my geeky eyes widen in awe and wonder

• Showmasters Admin
Howdy TT!

I'm stuck at stinky work today but I'm gonna speed down from london as soon as I can tonight. Haven't actually booked a B+B yet tho, should really get organised. Think anyone would mind me sleeping in the car park tonight...?

I'm very jealous of all the people there today, I was supposed to be in the Shatner line at 6 this morning but work wouldnt let me go. Damn The Man! Anyone who made it come n tell me all about it at the Bowl this evening, see my geeky eyes widen in awe and wonder

873517[/snapback]

My girlfriend has gone today, she got there at 7am and got ticket number 36. She can tell you all about it tonight.

So you're coming over to the bowling?

I don't think anyone will complain about you sleeping in the car park. But let me know tonight if that's wnat you're going to have to do, and I'll have a word with some people. I know quite a few staying and I'm sure we can find you at least a floor to sleep on.

Thanks very much but I'm only joking. Turned up on the day last year and found somewhere to stay. All going to plan I'll be at the meet tonight, gotta make some friends before the party 2mw, I'm proper on my own this time.

What are you doin online TT?! Why aren't you out bossing people around in your fancy crewing t-shirt?

• Showmasters Admin

OK, cool. Would you like to bowl, we have a spare place in my team?

I have a lack of holiday left due to me having the next 3 weeks off to go to India. So I'm having to work this morning. I'll be at the show this afternoon.

I fly out tomorrow morning. so this afternoon was the only time I could have crewed and wanted a bit of time at the show for myself.

I'll be back crewing at the next events, G-Mex and C9 :unsure:

• Showmasters Admin
I bowl about as well as I levitate but that would be fun, thank you! It's 8.30 you're bowling isnt it, I'll be able to make that.

Good to see we're both hard at work!

873531[/snapback]

Cool. I'll put your name down :blink:

Well I'm off for 3 weeks they can't expect much out of me today. Well ever really :unsure:

Just been to MK City Centre its Door 14 - Costa Coffee side.  There was a notice on the door stating that they would admit at 8.00am - Which is it 8 or 9?

873449[/snapback]

Is this the door that is specifically for William Shatner only or just general access?

• Showmasters Admin

873449[/snapback]

Is this the door that is specifically for William Shatner only or just general access?

873576[/snapback]

This is the Bill only queue. For the rest of the show you can use any door you like.