Gold And Silver Pens

GyMnToNiC

I hope showmasters organizers make sure that the guest get new gold and silver pens as they start to run out fast because last time i got 4 autos from guest and the gold pens didnt work very good atall and the siggys looked stupid and paying as i did £15-£20 its not funny will we be able to get a new still if this happens minus the cost?

Most common pen used at shows by the Guests are Black and Silver Sharpies which dont splatter or leak. Its the gold Pens that can be the problem, all you have to do is ask if you want it in a particular colour, they dont normally mind, if not just bring your own, but its not a real big issue.

Most common pen used at shows by the Guests are Black and Silver Sharpies which dont splatter or leak. Its the gold Pens that can be the problem, all you have to do is ask if you want it in a particular colour, they dont normally mind, if not just bring your own, but its not a real big issue.

861951[/snapback]

Sharpies do/did come in gold, I got mine on Ebay as I haven't been able to find them in the shop lately, as theyre as good as the black/silver ones.

Most 'real' collectors I know, ie people who've been doing this for years and know what they're doing, ie not teenage fangirls, swear by black pens over silver/gold.

Silver/gold WILL rub off if you don't store them properly, acid free tissue paper and plastic cases are a must.

Alsow after some time / years the gold / silver color just peal off or get stack to what ever thing you got the autos in

861999[/snapback]

The Sharpies do not do this, even the Dealers use these pens :D

862029[/snapback]

*Considers getting dealers autographs instead*

:rolleyes:

Paul

• Showmasters Admin

As Davey already said you can ask for a specific colour. The colour of pen is normally just chosen by the Guests. They're normally pretty good and pick one that is correct for the picture (i.e. Black on a light pic, silver/gold on a dark pic). But if you feel they've gone for the wrong colour ask politely that they use a specific colour. They will :rolleyes:

One of the problems I've seen with the pens is that the silver ones seem to get thick very quickly.

• Showmasters Admin
The gold and silver will not rub off if stored properly, ie in non acidic sleeves such as the ultra pro sleeves that can be bought at almost every autograph event.

862481[/snapback]

how much do those cost then?

862499[/snapback]

If it's the one's I know of then they're normally £1 each.

I take a couple of gold pilot pens with me for the Star Wars guests to sign with on my poster. The pens they have are usually rather poor from my experience.

If your paying between £10-£20 per autograph it should be signed on what you want and with what you want

Some dealers sell them 25 pence a sheet but some i have seen sell them for 50 p a sheet. They fit nicely into the ultra pro collectors binders which you can also buy at the shows for £5. The binders are very nice and will keep all your autographs in perfect condition.

No these are the toploaders which cost £1, I don't store my autos in those as I do not trust them. They do look nice and keep your autographs straight but I believe that with signed photos they can stick in the toploaders. It also sometimes hard to remove a photo from a toploader.

Some dealers sell them 25 pence a sheet but some i have seen sell them for 50 p a sheet. They fit nicely into the ultra pro collectors binders which you can also buy at the shows for £5. The binders are very nice and will keep all your autographs in perfect condition.

No these are the toploaders which cost £1, I don't store my autos in those as I do not trust them. They do look nice and keep your autographs straight but I believe that with signed photos they can stick in the toploaders. It also sometimes hard to remove a photo from a toploader.

862524[/snapback]

ooo....okies...should have enough money to get those when i get there...i might get them friday if i go straight to the event.

Toploaders do not sound good to me...so i think i might get the 25,50 p ones then...

was going to ask how big the pictures were but i will go find it meself :lol:

• Showmasters Admin

862524[/snapback]

ooo....okies...should have enough money to get those when i get there...i might get them friday if i go straight to the event.

Toploaders do not sound good to me...so i think i might get the 25,50 p ones then...

was going to ask how big the pictures were but i will go find it meself :lol:

862543[/snapback]

The normal size is 8x10 inches.