BOOK 7 - SPOLIERS!

samwise16

That was me! I'm glad someone agrees with me cos, he seemed not to play a big enough role in harrys life in my opinion!

939111[/snapback]

Exactly, I think the reason JK might have sent him behind the veil was so that Harry could learn for himself what he needed to.....with Sirius there I think he started to depend too much on him.....did that make sense?:rolleyes: lol!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is a long way from the dumbledore talk at the beginning of the thread... but, I just re read book 1 and on the chocolate frog card Harry got of dumbledore it said (not exact text) "Most famous for defeating the dark lord grindelow" that most likely means that he killed him does it not? we don't hear about grindelow rotting away in azkaban... so it is possible that he created a horcrux after killing grindelow (sp?)... correct me if I'm wrong... but perhaps, its just the killing that is evil not the horcrux itself? Even if it is the horcrux that is evil perhaps dumbledore knew he'd need one in the future?

That was me! I'm glad someone agrees with me cos, he seemed not to play a big enough role in harrys life in my opinion!

939111[/snapback]

Exactly, I think the reason JK might have sent him behind the veil was so that Harry could learn for himself what he needed to.....with Sirius there I think he started to depend too much on him.....did that make sense?:headscratch: lol!

939199[/snapback]

I think the thing with most films is until theres a dead body you can always asume that the character can come back at some point. So you could be right we dont know he's definately dead yet :yoda:

Reading this thread has made me realise how much i cant remember. Can anyone tell me what the locket was? As all the items had some relevance and i cant actually remeber.

I def do not think Sirius is dead, i doubted it straight away. I think Malfoy and Neville are both goin to have a big part in the last book and i got a feeling Ron is going to die.

I like the idea bout Tonks pretending to be Harry or 1 of the other characters maybe.

Did we ever find out what Malfoy was up to when he went into the shop in knock turn Ally? (i think that is what it is called) Harry followed him there and heard him tallkin bout an item he wanted to look after for him of something.

the locket was supposed to be a horcrux but whoever rab was switched the real locket for the one dumbledore and harry recovered

and malfoy wanted borgin to save a large chest for him, he was going to use it to get deatheaters inside the school because there was a link between that one and the large vanishing cupboard at hogwarts

maybe JK got bored and decided it would be fun to see what would happen if she killed of some imprtant charcters.

Example. Dumbledore dies, how will harry save everyone without his precious mentor? this would be more interesting to write about. "and harry had no idea what to do...he should have used an unforgivable curse, instead he ran around screaming until hermionie came and saved him...YAY Hermionie!" OR going by the bring back dumbledore horcrux idea "harry didn't know what to do, conveniently, he came back to life at just the right time....BOO!"

Example. Snape is actually evil and has been all along. all of a sudden the dark lord knows all the weaknesses of potter and hogwarts. he starts to tempt students to turn bad, (much like the spirt of exar kun, who turned luke skywalkers students to the dark side when luke built the jedi academy on yavin IV). all of a sudden, the whole school is against harry! OR, "everyone teamed up against the dark lord and made him run away."

Example, perhaps its going to be made more interesting by letting the dark lord prevail! "and voldemort cast each of the unforgivaable curses on harry, one after the other. as his friends watched him squirm against the might of the dark lord, several dementors, under the control of the death eater, came to remove harry's soul. hermionie screamed, but it was too late. The glowing orb of soul had already come out of harry's body. it was silent. the dark lord laughed, he was too powerful. nobody can stop me now, he yelled. And they couldn't. they tried, and failed. for days the students fought against the dark lord, but he brushed he aside with simple charms as if there magic had no effect." now that sounds good. or the alternative "harry killed voldemort but he scuffed him knee. poor old harry."

Example. Maybe characters are starting to recognize evil is more powerful. Maybe they will all turn! or just some of them. "out of my way hermionie! i have to kill voldemort!" yelled harry. "no!" screamed hermionie, "i wont let you". "hats happened to you hermionie, i thought you were my friend", "you thought wrong" she said slyly, "avada kadavra!"

aaaah, hermionie, if you turned evil the books would be even better.

maybe JK got bored and decided it would be fun to see what would happen if she killed of some imprtant charcters.

Example. Dumbledore dies, how will harry save everyone without his precious mentor? this would be more interesting to write about. "and harry had no idea what to do...he should have used an unforgivable curse, instead he ran around screaming until hermionie came and saved him...YAY Hermionie!" OR  going by the bring back dumbledore horcrux idea "harry didn't know what to do, conveniently, he came back to life at just the right time....BOO!"

Example. Snape is actually evil and has been all along. all of a sudden the dark lord knows all the weaknesses of potter and hogwarts. he starts to tempt students to turn bad, (much like the spirt of exar kun, who turned luke skywalkers students to the dark side when luke built the jedi academy on yavin IV). all of a sudden, the whole school is against harry! OR, "everyone teamed up against the dark lord and made him run away."

Example, perhaps its going to be made more interesting by letting the dark lord prevail! "and voldemort cast each of the unforgivaable curses on harry, one after the other. as his friends watched him squirm against the might of the dark lord, several dementors, under the control of the death eater, came to remove harry's soul. hermionie screamed, but it was too late. The glowing orb of soul had already come out of harry's body. it was silent. the dark lord laughed, he was too powerful. nobody can stop me now, he yelled. And they couldn't. they tried, and failed. for days the students fought against the dark lord, but he brushed he aside with simple charms as if there magic had no effect." now that sounds good. or the alternative "harry killed voldemort but he scuffed him knee. poor old harry."

Example. Maybe characters are starting to recognize evil is more powerful. Maybe they will all turn! or just some of them. "out of my way hermionie! i have to kill voldemort!" yelled harry. "no!" screamed hermionie, "i wont let you". "hats happened to you hermionie, i thought you were my friend", "you thought wrong" she said slyly, "avada kadavra!"

aaaah, hermionie, if you turned evil the books would be even better.

948739[/snapback]

I like the way you think! Call me eveil but I would actually really like to see Hermionie turn evil.

• 4 weeks later...

Neville will definetly play a big part in the last book. He's been in each book a bit more than the last, so it would make sense.

My friends were discussing who they think dies. I volunteered these lists:

Being optimistic

A few minor characters, and maybe one of the Gryffindors in Harry's year

Going with the whole "it's a war, lots of people die" idea

Seamus

Dean

at least one Weasley

Ernie

Terry

a main Order member (eg. Tonks, Lupin)

lots of minor characters

I definetly think Neville will survive, but I'm still undecided on Draco and Harry surviving.

I also think that Neville will play a bigger part in the next book, I think that has been set up by book 5 and the fact he was the one the prophecy could also have been about aswell as the fact his parents suffered at the hands of the death eaters and indirectly Voldermort.

On the subject of Snape being evil, Jo has said that just because you are bad you don't necessarily have to be of Voldermort's side so I don't think Snape is although I do think he is 'evil'.

I also think that Neville will play a bigger part in the next book, I think that has been set up by book 5 and the fact he was the one the prophecy could also have been about aswell as the fact his parents suffered at the hands of the death eaters and indirectly Voldermort.

On the subject of Snape being evil, Jo has said that just because you are bad you don't necessarily have to be of Voldermort's side so I don't think Snape is although I do think he is 'evil'.

974458[/snapback]

Definately agree on Neville, he's been getting more and more "serious" about his schoolwork since about book 4, as well as Rowling revealing various things about his parents and their participation in the OOTP & I can definately see him joining Harry on the trail of Lord V in Book 7. Can't decide about Snape, though. I haven't read the whole thread, so if someone's answered it already, fair play, but what does everyone think of Dumbledore. Either he was wrong (about Snape) or he was right & Snape's just playing along to get even closer to Voldemort. Also, is dumledore really dead? Is JK going to reference LOTR even more and have him "do a Gandalf"? He did seem to be getting weaker/slower/stranger in book 5 & 6. Perhaps he's got a Horcrux too.....? (so he can return).

Edited by Victor Van Dort

I've not added my opinon as yet but I think there are some very valid points that have been made.

* I think Harry could very well be a Harcrux and 'die', However as in COS Fawkes would appear and heal with his tears any damage that has been caused by LV to Harry.

* RAB has to be Regulus Black! This means Harry will have to return to 12 Grimauld Place to obtain the locket ot cast a return to owner spell to get it back from Mundungus.

* Harry will have to go to Godricks Hollow, for how long or for what reason only JK knows.

* As for the eyes maybe Harry has a power held in his eyes that we haven't heard about yet.

JK did say they gave a lot away in the COS movie. I say get the DVD's out and get watching :WAVE:

I've not added my opinon as yet but I think there are some very valid points that have been made.

* I think Harry could very well be a Harcrux and 'die', However as in COS Fawkes would appear and heal with his tears any damage that has been caused by LV to Harry.

* RAB has to be Regulus Black!  This means Harry will have to return to 12 Grimauld Place to obtain the locket ot cast a return to owner spell to get it back from Mundungus.

* Harry will have to go to Godricks Hollow, for how long or for what reason only JK knows.

* As for the eyes maybe Harry has a power held in his eyes that we haven't heard about yet.

JK did say they gave a lot away in the COS movie.  I say get the DVD's out and get watching  ^_^

975140[/snapback]

Harry cant be a horcrux why would voldermort wanna kill him all these times and the prophecy wouldnt make sense either!:poki:

Harry is secretly Cyclops from X-men....lol. It will be an accident, Ron will cast a spell on him and he will have to wear weird glasses for the whole book until he fights voldemort.

Voldemort and him will be face to face, probably Voldy will hold harry by the throat, the glasses come off.....BURN!

guess none of us will no untill we read the Book

Does anyone know when the book is being released? I thought it was meant to be this summer but usually they have published a release date by now and you can pre-order it in the shops.

I hate this feeling. I want it to be released so I can read it, but I know it's the last book so I don't want it be released because I don't want Harry's adventures to end.

guess none of us will no untill we read the Book

Does anyone know when the book is being released? I thought it was meant to be this summer but usually they have published a release date by now and you can pre-order it in the shops.

I hate this feeling. I want it to be released so I can read it, but I know it's the last book so I don't want it be released because I don't want Harry's adventures to end.

JK Rowling hasn't even finished writing book 7 yet!! it will be release when she finishes it, rumours are summer 07 some people think it will be released on the 7/7/07! there hasnt been an official statement or anything on the release yet.

i dont want harry's adventures to end either but we all knew they would! although i dont know how i'm gonna cope without a new HP book to look forward to, its been such a big part of my life for soo long! and god help anyone who dares try ruining the ending of this book for me - i swear i will not be held responsible for my actions!

i don't want it to come out on the 7th of the 7th next year, i want it to come out as close to harrys birthday as possible

that would a good release date!

although Harry's birthday is JK Rowling's birthday so she might not want to be promoting the book on her birthday!

i don't want it to come out on the 7th of the 7th next year, i want it to come out as close to harrys birthday as possible

although Harry's birthday is JK Rowling's birthday so she might not want to be promoting the book on her birthday!

she wouldn't be, the 31st next year is a tuesday so it would be the 27th/28th so she could sit back for a week while people argue about the whole series :wub:

she wouldn't be, the 31st next year is a tuesday so it would be the 27th/28th so she could sit back for a week while people argue about the whole series :uhoh:

good point! didnt think of that!! lol! :(

• 4 weeks later...

These are some of my thoughts:

* Snape is evil

* Harry is not a horcrux

* Harry will die in the end

* Neville will be important in the fight against Voldemort

-I think Snape should turn out to be good (even tho he not v.nice)!

-I not sure if Dumbledore is goin to come back in some way (cos lot of ideas similar to LotR)

-Still wonder if Sirius might return as well?

-I agree that think Neville will have more important part. (be good if they could cure his parents as well!)

-REALLY hope Harry doesn't die! I don't think he will tho......surely?

-Am worried she is going to kill someone good off tho!

-Don't know how you can finish off the story and tie off all loose ends in 1 book........surely is goin to be v.v.v.long....

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would add this as no one has mentioned it on this thread yet.

JK Rowling has said that 2 characters are goin to die in this book.

Let the speculation begin. I think that its goin to be Harry and Voldermort, but I dono, that seems kinda obvious?