BOOK 7 - SPOLIERS!

samwise16

• Showmasters Admin

But I don't think Voldemort ever INTENDED to make Harry a horcrux.

He was going to KILL Harry in order to seperate his soul and make a horcrux out of ANOTHER item.

It's just that when it all went pear-shaped I think he MIGHT (in the final split second) either forced a piece of his sould into Harry in an attempt to have some control over the child which the prophesy said would destroy him OR something happened which PULLED a piece of his soul into Harry therefore giving him an advantage over Voldemort.

I don't think this is something planned, but I do think it could have been something which Voldemort decided to do in a split second decision or an accident which Voldemort had no control over.

It would however explain why Harry has a connection with Voldemort. And it would also explain part of the prophesy.

Andrea

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the number of Horocrux (sp)

it does say in the book that there are 6 with the 7th and final pecie of sould residing in Voldy

so voldy's soul parts are/were in the following

1 the diary (destroyed)

2 the ring  (destroyed)

3 the locket (probably in 12 grimwald place)

4 hufflepuff's cup (where abts unknown)

5 somthing of ravenclaw or griffindors (where abts unknown)

6 either in Nagani or Harry

and

7 voldy himself

looking at 5 and 6.

what if harry is something of gryffindors? long shot i know. but could it be possible? heir of gryffindor perhaps? he did live at GODRICS hollow. all be it briefly.

=x=

jk has dismissed the gryffindor heir theory in the mugglenet/leaky interview (i think thats what she said anwyay, its in the 3rd part (or 2nd :S) )

i still think even if therew as a possibility of harry being a horcrux dumbledore would have thought of it and told harry - he said he would tell him everything he knew on the subject. it just doesnt seem possible that in 16 years it wouldnt have crossed dumbledores mind as a possibility

im with andrea on this... i honestly believe he is a horcrux and that it was accidental.

i dont, however, think that voldemort is aware of the fact. i think that voldemort planned on using the death of harry has a basis for his horcrux but of course that went wrong.

we dont know what magic is exactly involved in such a process... it could be anything. for all we know something, or maybe everything, thats involved in making the horcrux, might have to be done BEFORE the killing. if the spell was already done and all that was left was to add a death.... well... who's to say the spell didnt cause harry to become the horcrux accidentally?

did that make sense?

=x=

Harry is not a Horcrux, I will take great pride in saying "told you so" when it comes out  :D

Oh, ok. *sighs*. And I will willingly and gratefully accept your gloating IF you're right.

Andrea

Excellent :lol:

Harry being a Horcrux doesn't make sense, as Voldemort has spent most of the books trying to kill Harry. Why would Voldemort want to destroy part of his own soul and hence make himself more vulnerable.

It talks in book six about Voldemort interpreting the prophecy as it was either him or Harry who had to die, but this was only an interpretation and these prophecies never seem to come true in quite the way everyone expected.

If Harry still has to find four horcruxes in a year he is going to have a tough time I would think, as Dumbledore seemed to spend most of the last year looking with a lot less success. He was hardly ever at the school and Voldemort is a far greater Wizard than Harry is.

Oh well, only another two to three years to wait ! aaargh !

i believe that the connection was severed when voldemort possesed harry at the fight in the ministry and the touching of each of thier souls returned the small part back into voldemorts own.

But if voldemorts soul was returned wouldn't that mean Harry wouldn't be able to understand Parceltongue anymore? But when he's in a memory he can understand Grawp :wub:

i believe that the connection was severed when voldemort possesed harry at the fight in the ministry and the touching of each of thier souls returned the small part back into voldemorts own.

But if voldemorts soul was returned wouldn't that mean Harry wouldn't be able to understand Parceltongue anymore? But when he's in a memory he can understand Grawp :wub:

Btw It's Gaunt.... Grawp is the name of Hagrid's half brother...

maybe the pensieve has a transaltor built in :P

the knowledge harry was given may have been retained, maybe not, we won't find out til book seven anyway

and like i said, destruction of my theory is more than welcome, so have a go :lol:

My memory is too bad to join in with all these theories. I wont say anything more a the risk of looking stupid :P

I'll read the series again if i can be bothered, might be able to say a bit more about it then!

I do think Dumbledore was pleading to Snape to kill him, like others have said I cant see him begging for his life. You could say the potion may still be having effect on him, doesn't he beg harry to kill him while he's drinking it? Nah I stick with what I said first!

This is why I dont think Harry is a Horcrux,

Dumbledore said that choosing living things was dangerous as they have a mind of their own, but Voldemort chose Nagini because he had an inordinate amount of control over her.

He does not have that type of control over Harry.

I know your going to say that it was an accident blah de blah, but surely Voldemort must know where all of his horcrux's are!

I don't think Harry is a Horcrux either... It just doesn't make sence that Voldermort would make a horcrux out of someone he's trying to kill.

Lots of you are saying it was an accident or he made the decision in a split second which also seems highly unlikely because horcruxes are obviously really dark magic and not many people know about them so it makes it quite likely that it's quite a complicated thing to do and needs careful planning and preparation, aka can't be decided in a split second or accidental.

But thats just my opinion!

Hmmnn, in the last book Dumbledore said that TWO ppl were needed to get the Horcrux( even though it was a fake), so WHO were the two that got hold of the REAL one?....Or maybe...Dumbledore and Harry DID get the real one, but Dumbledore switched it in the last seconds before his death( which I think was pre-planned with Snape), and it is a clue to help Harry?????

I do think that the scar will disappear on Harry's head though...

Edited by Mich

Hmmnn, in the last book Dumbledore said that TWO ppl were needed to get the Horcrux( even though it was a fake), so WHO were the two that got hold of the REAL one?....Or maybe...Dumbledore and Harry DID get the real one, but Dumbledore switched it in the last seconds before his death( which I think was pre-planned with Snape), and it is a clue to help Harry?????

I do think that the scar will disappear on Harry's head though...

why would dumbledore switch the real horcrux for a fake? surely that wouldn hinder harry's progress rather than help him?

I do think that  the scar will disappear on Harry's head though...

why would dumbledore switch the real horcrux for a fake? surely that wouldn hinder harry's progress rather than help him?

Hmmnn, well don't forget he was flung out of the window/turret.....and so who knows who might have got to his body first?!

The scar will go, I have my theory for the last line of the book,

"Harry reached for his forehead, slowly something was disappearing, his scar."

Harry is still not a horcrux, its just completly riddikulus :huh:

"Harry reached for his forehead, slowly something was disappearing, his scar."

Harry is still not a horcrux, its just completly riddikulus :lol:

"Harry reached for his forehead,  slowly something was disappearing, his scar."

I agree......and if it's not, it SHOULD be! :huh:

Harry is still not a horcrux, its just completly riddikulus  :D

Aaahh just thoughts here...why has Olivander disappeared?....Maybe a wand is a horcrux...hmmnnn Usually it is like a trophy for Voldemort.....hmmnnn, Dumbledore = Phoenix flying at the end from the white smoke....Harry definately needs to seriously upgrade his skills etc., So someone/something has GOT to teach them to him,otherwise he is going to be on the same level as Draco( more or less)....maybe a super duper potion to drink, I would go for some sort of hypnotism to unlock his hidden powers....whatever... it's got to happen pretty quickly.........More to Snape than meets the eye....* Ramble, ramble* :lol:

Edited by Mich

Harry is still not a horcrux, its just completly riddikulus  :P

Aaahh just thoughts here...why has Olivander disappeared?....Maybe a wand is a horcrux...hmmnnn Usually it is like a trophy for Voldemort.....hmmnnn, Dumbledore = Phoenix flying at the end from the white smoke....Harry definately needs to seriously upgrade his skills etc., So someone/something has GOT to teach them to him,otherwise he is going to be on the same level as Draco( more or less)....maybe a super duper potion to drink, I would go for some sort of hypnotism to unlock his hidden powers....whatever... it's got to happen pretty quickly.........More to Snape than meets the eye....* Ramble, ramble* :headscratch:

well if ron and hermione are going than who better to teach harry than hermionie :help:

she is smart and clever and im sure she can teach him a spell or two