What's the status on the Free VAl Kilmer autos?

Dear Showmasters/Jason,

I was wondering if you have any update on the free Val Kilmer autographs.

I had number 23 on sunday (and a low number on saturday too) and waited in line for several hours (I was one of the first in line on sunday and one of the few standing in line when the queue was closed).

We were promised an autograph, but it's o so quiet now regarding this subject.

There hasn't been an official statement either (not that that is the most important thing).

I hope that you can clear this matter up for me and all those other people that are checking their mailboxes every day.

Regards,

Dennis

Showmasters put this explanation elsewhere on the board.

On Val's website - we checked with Val's manager Bob Belencia, and were informed he would be present on the Saturday for a few hours - we re-confirmed this after being informed his website said otherwise, and Bob assured us he would still be attending on Saturday, though he could not confirm what times precisely. Bob flew over to represent him at the show, which demonstrates that he clearly believed there was a committment on Val's part to be there. Bob was there at the show on Saturday, and we were in the belief that Val was also going to be there. Once it became clear that this was not going to be the case, we informed the public; Bob assured us that Val would however make Sunday, and added extra time in, to get through the additional people who had been there for him on Saturday.

Bob was again present on Sunday, and we were informed Val would arrive late in the morning at the show. There did turn out to be someone Bob identified as a stalker; we had that person removed, and although this seemed to have delayed Val's attendance, Bob still said Val would attend. Eventually it became clear that neither Bob, nor Warwick Davis, who kindly offered his assistance in the hope of preventing many fans from being disappointed, could get confirmation from Val that he was coming, and with the day getting on, the decision was made to inform the fans that Val was not going to show, rather than leave people hanging on for the rest of the day.

Sadly, it has become clear that Val's manager Bob cannot control Val's schedule or guarantee his appearance at a show he has committed to, and we will not be asking Val to attend any of our future shows. We will still keep the pressure on to get people who queued up free autographs from Val, which Bob Belencia, Val's manager, offered to the fans.

It can be found here

i think because of this line...

'it has become clear that Val's manager Bob cannot control Val's schedule or guarantee his appearance at a show he has committed to'

annoyin but ya can understand SM's hesitation, he must cost a lot of money to get

JA

It's gutting, I know, but he must cost a small country to hire...it's a lot of money t risk when it could be going into another area of the convention or another guest.

Think SM's have made a wise decision with that one.

I doubt SM have paid Kilmer a penny since he failed miserably to fulfill his contractural obligations.

Call me old fashioned but it made me laugh to see SM laying all the blame on Kilmer's agent while absolving themselves of all responsiblity for getting to appear a guest THEY advertised for an event THEY were running.

I doubt SM have paid Kilmer a penny since he failed miserably to fulfill his contractural obligations.

Call me old fashioned but it made me laugh to see SM laying all the blame on Kilmer's agent while absolving themselves of all responsiblity for getting to appear a guest THEY advertised for an event THEY were running.

While I agree with you that Val wasn't paid in the end, that money still was budgeted to be paid in the first place. Meaning the money was tied up while it could have been used for other guests.

So I agree with Maraviel and the others, not asking him again seems like a good idea to me.

About the rest of your statement: call me dumb - but what else could Showmasters have done about that issue? They don't even try to blame the agent, at least I don't get it this way. In the end it all comes down to Val Kilmer being an unreliable contract partner.

The agent was at the venue, he was representing Val and was obviously trying to get Mr. Kilmer to show up. I always thought that's what agents are there for - hence Julie Caitlin Brown running around at every other show. :P

Should Jason or Mark have driven up to the theatre, hog-tied Val and got him to the event in the trunk of their car, or what? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: And how exactly are Showmasters to blame because he refused to turn up? Methinks you have another agenda!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...