Free Val Kilmer Autos?

Enough people! I know that you're all angry that Val didn't turn up but that isn't Showmasters fault.

He WAS scheduled to appear - I know because I was working the event. His agent was at the event (the guy that alot of the Sunday people saw). Yes, there were issues on that day.

Why blame Showmasters? They were in as much of the dark as the rest of us. Now why not wait for an official response from Showmasters before blaming them for Val not being there?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you go just for Val Kilmer or were there other guests you wanted to meet ?

Got to see Ron Perlman; Charisma Carpenter; Sarah Clarke and Xander Berkley - so all wasn't lost, although I was disappointed that Val wasn't there I enjoyed seeing who I had seen and enjoyed the 24 and Glenn A Larson talks.

What's upset me is that the guys on the Sunday get a free autograph for Val that my wife and I aren't going to get. We put as much pain in to being there on the Saturday (for an appearance that Showmasters had on the website).

Hope to hear from Showmasters on this point. Or perhaps I'll just ring!

Marky

The reason no one on the Saturday will get one is simple, its because despite SM saying and hoping he would show, it was clear from his own website that he would not do it, and it was never likely with a mid-afternoon theatre performance.

His agent will only offer freebies to the Sunday people because they only expected him to turn up then anyway.

But what a shame one freak of a woman spoiled the whole thing.

• Showmasters Admin

I honestly don't know the answer to this so I have sent a mail to SM asking for info.

They will likely to be still in London today. But hopefully tomorrow we'll get a statement/answer.

Thanks

Stuart.

The reason no one on the Saturday will get one is simple, its because despite SM saying and hoping he would show, it was clear from his own website that he would not do it, and it was never likely with a mid-afternoon theatre performance.

His agent will only offer freebies to the Sunday people because they only expected him to turn up then anyway.

But what a shame one freak of a woman spoiled the whole thing.

met her she made feel worried standing next to her she wanted nine autographs

I don't think the fact that you'd want nine autographs would qualify you as a freak (or quite a few people would qualify as a freak), let alone be sufficient reason to cancel V.K.'s appearance.

I mean, isn't there something like security or, if it has to come to do, police in the U.K. ? You know, like the people empowered by the society to act when someone constitutes a menace to someone else ?

Or was this woman like 8 feet and 300 pounds ? :D

I don't think the fact that you'd want nine autographs would qualify you as a freak (or quite a few people would qualify as a freak), let alone be sufficient reason to cancel V.K.'s appearance.

I mean, isn't there something like security or, if it has to come to do, police in the U.K. ? You know, like the people empowered by the society to act when someone constitutes a menace to someone else ?

No to be honest the images she wanted signing was unusal and quite personnal and she had a gold ticket if SM were told to look out for a stalker called so and so this could have prevented sooner.

She was removed, but it bugged Val. We dont know what she has threatened in the past, or tried to do. Suffice to say he didnt want himself or his kids in that situation and thats fair enough.

If you want a "free" autograph of Val you can try him TTM (Through the Mail).

I collect a lot this way and I wrote to Val enclosing a SASE and a photo to the theatre where his play is and a week later he sent the photo back signed.

She was removed, but it bugged Val. We dont know what she has threatened in the past, or tried to do. Suffice to say he didnt want himself or his kids in that situation and thats fair enough.

exactly !! especially with what happend to nick cage, de niro + leo decaprio recentley you can hardly blame him!!

Everyone who met him at autographica said he was excellent so i don't think he was shuting the fans out was just freaked at the fact of his stalker being there!

By the way how personal were these photos?? that said women had?? what like of him and his ex wife and kids etc etc

exactly !! especially with what happend to nick cage, de niro + leo decaprio recentley you can hardly blame him!!

Everyone who met him at autographica said he was excellent so i don't think he was shuting the fans out was just freaked at the fact of his stalker being there!

By the way how personal were these photos?? that said women had?? what like of him and his ex wife and kids etc etc

Ex wife could be wrong as saw when she asked me to get DVD cover Alexander signed for her as she was only alloud five

If you want a "free" autograph of Val you can try him TTM (Through the Mail).

I collect a lot this way and I wrote to Val enclosing a SASE and a photo to the theatre where his play is and a week later he sent the photo back signed.

Ditto!

Although I got his and the other cast at the Batman Forever premiere years ago, I also send auto requests TTM and he returned mine in a week.

The most entertaining part of Conventions.....? The Aftermath. Val Kilmer, No Show...... Literally!!

Wouldn't be the first time Mr Kilmer has scheduled to appear, only this time the Notice of Cancellation, well er....

none to be exact. I'm certain Mr Kilmer has very good reasons for doing so. Showmasters may not be entirely to blame, although creating any distinction in respect to qualifying for a free autograph is indeed contentious, not sexy at all!!

I attended Sunday, my impression of the show was extremely well organised and there was plenty to see and do. I do concur, attending for one specific Star Guest may not be in anyones interest, especially in light of this incident. I was fortunate to have a VT and needless to say, submitted my details accordingly. Ironically, it transpires I may be one of the priviliged few to actually have met Mr Kilmer at AUTOGRAPHICA!! What's even more incredible, Mr Kilmer was originally NOT scheduled to appear.... GASP!! He was a last minute addition during a window in his filming schedule for Alexander.

I do sympathise for his many genuine fans, I can only imagine how disheartened I would feel if Tony Danza did the same.......

Edited by jeffahey4ever

I know stalkers are horrible.............but I still do not understand at all - why showmasters were not alerted about her...........and made sure she did not get into the building............or if she did get inside........chuck her out. Surely Val has an injunction against her? therefore this is a police matter/

Surely one fan chucked out, than hundreds disappointed is better. Maybe it is not showmasters fault but I can see so many ways this situation could have been avoided. firstly why was the stalker not made known much earlier? Make sure she could not get in! :o

I know stalkers are horrible.............but I still do not understand at all - why showmasters were not alerted about her...........and made sure she did not get into the building............or if she did get inside........chuck her out. Surely Val has an injunction against her? therefore this is a police matter/

Surely one fan chucked out, than hundreds disappointed is better. Maybe it is not showmasters fault but I can see so many ways this situation could have been avoided. firstly why was the stalker not made known much earlier? Make sure she could not get in! :o

I agree, and also, once the stalker was evicted, why couldn't Val stay? There was surely no risk after that, and if he left, surely the stalker would just follow him? It'd have been better for him to stay in my opinion.

Janine

Have showmasters issued a statement? I was looking to see if they have but haven't found one. I find they quite annoying as i would like to know the full story behind all this

To end some of the speculation, speaking as head of crew, but with restrictions on what I have the authority to divulge:

Showmasters have not made an official statement yet, because they are busy. For the public, the show ended on Sunday at 5p.m. For many of the crew helping, the show didn't end until we left the venue, having helped break down the hall, several hours later. For Jason, Andrea, the show still hasn't finished, as there are still guests in the country, paperwork to do, equipment to unpack and store for the next show, etc. And they have to catch up on sleep, and the backlog of calls, e-mails, etc, which came in over the weekend of the show.

There was a lady at the event identified by Val's agent as a stalker, and she was swiftly found and removed from the show once we knew who and what she was; we were not alerted to Val having a stalker prior to this point, or else we would have simply refused her admission. However the damage was done by the time we removed her, and though we and his agent tried to resolve the matter, we were unable to do so; Warwick Davis even made a personal effort to convince Val, since they are friends, proving what a gentleman and star he really is, and how much he cares for the fans.

any distinction in respect to qualifying for a free autograph is indeed contentious

Showmasters pointed out to Val's agent that he had disappointed many people by failing to show up, and suggested that Val could at least sign autographs for those people to be forwarded on to them (not ideal, certainly not as good as getting to meet him, but certainly better than getting nothing at all, and the best Showmasters could arrange under the circumstances). The agent agreed to this, and asked that we collect names for those present who had been waiting. We did so.

As others have subsequently pointed out to us that they may have missed out on an autograph from Val on Saturday as well, we have asked for them to provide some proof in the form of their queue tickets and their details. We need to ask for proof, as if we do not, then people other than those who came to see Val on Saturday would chance their arm and ask for a free autograph. If Val or his agent felt we were not passing on the names of legitimate fans who missed seeing him, then the offer to sign would likely be revoked, and everyone would lose out. We could not take names on the Saturday; it was only Val's failure to show on the Sunday for the reasons outlined which put us in the position to make the signing request. If we had asked his agent for a similar deal on Saturday, I firmly believe it would have been knocked back. Thus, lacking a list of names from the Saturday, we are trying to the right thing to the best of our ability, but asking for the only bit of proof we can get: the queue tickets. Finally, the reason we are not promising 100% Val will sign for any people who send us their tickets from Saturday, is because we are not Val Kilmer or his agent; the agent agreed to get Val to sign for the Sunday fans whose names we got for him (and he should already have that list, so we can't simply add names to it). We will be going to him and requesting he extend that offer to those on Saturday and any Sunday people whose names we didn't get at the time; we will actively encourage him to do this, but at the end of the day, we cannot promise he will.

That's all I can say on the matter until Jason makes an official statement on behalf of Showmasters, something he won't be able to do until he has had time to discuss things with Val's agent and see what both Val and the agent say on the matter.