No Personalisations and No Posed Photos

Marina x

*oi stranger* no hello :wub:

Hello :wub:

hey there :wub: hows u? u dont ring..u dont write .. where's the love :wub: *heard that some-where, sounded funny when i was typing :wub::D*

Edited by vampwillow

I persoanlly think in my opionion that the photo is worth more to the fan then the autograph its self because its personal. And for them  not to be allowed to even write their name on it you might as well have brought it off a desk or something. if it said "no personalisation unless name written on paper to save time" then that could be understandable and more fair but they dont even give that an option. :-( i know however they want to get thru many people as possible and i know pictures etc can hold it up so understand no posed photos tho pics while he or she is signing should be allowed. and if it later turns into an open que maybe the people who have already brought an autograph shud be able to get photos taken ???

Something personlisied means much more to me then a chat, its hard for them to say remember you from just a chat considering the amount of people they talk to. Tho something personilised will be there with you for the rest of your life. (i have nothing against chat) tho it can take up time when there isn't enough time. A name takes max 5 seconds to write. not a lot of time

I agree!

Speaking of 'MOOOO' as someone was, who was that guy with Sean Astin? The one who was haranguing the stewards because they were only letting the people through who had the correct number range tickets, not those 400 later? He sseemed obsessed with getting people through as quickly as possible -I'm surprised he didn't just hand out pre signed pics!

I also don't believe that it's the 'guests' who decide if they're going to sign people's names or not. Maybe that's the case with some guests but certainly not all. Craig Charles had 'no posed photos' written on his sign when I went to see him. Maybe someone should have told Craig because he was standing up and posing for everyone.

My boyfriend met Craig Charlse on Sunday and we laughed at how he ignored the no photos sign, don't know if he wasn't meant to personalise too, but he did!!!

Ooohh this is a hot potato of a topic.

I agree with everyone's idea's, gripes etc.

I was quite annoyed at not being allowed a pic with JRD, however, on Saturday when he had an open queue I asked if I could have a pic with him, he happily obliged and to show my appreciation I went and bought him a box of choccies.

When I met Tom Felton he was only personalising pics, presumably to stop them being sold on ebay or similar.

Many guests are only too happy to oblige when asked to personalise pics have photo's etc.

I was too scared to ask Alan Cumming if I could have a pic with him, so I settled for a pic of him.

Perhaps a compromise could be worked out in the future, for example a photo session where you get to have a pic with the guest or something similar.

:lol:

Tom Felton was ONLY doing personalised autographs, and he was managing to whizz through the queue! Our names were written on the little slip of paper with the amount of autos we were getting.

I was lucky and had all of my autos personalised, I make sure I had a post-it note with my name written on ready!

Edited by tiggerbabe

I agree with what most has been said, I go to these events to meet the guest not stand there & watch them sign a name and shove it back at me.

Last year I payed £25 too meet Nicholas Brenden. There was no one in his queue, I went up to his desk & was stopped by the Steward who asked my name, then wrote it on a post it note, he then stood in between me & Nicholas while he signed it, then I was told to leave, I basically paid £25 to look at back of a steward. :blush:

This year I was annoyed to see a sign on Sean Astin " no posed photos " in the queue the steward told me no personlisations, but Sean was happy enough to ask me my name, I also managed to get a picture with him on the 5th attempt :blush:

As for the bloke with Sean, hes a manager type person, he app attends Cons with Sean, He seemed annoying at 1st but on Sunday he was very nice, :P

Luv Kelle

I am extremely gratified that my thread has produced such meaningful discussion on this topic. Hopefully it is this sort of feedback that will encourage Showmasters to have a little rethink about this 'No P & P' policy. :-)

A few points I noticed though:

1) It does seem there are more than a few guests ARE willing to do personalisations even though the stewards think they shouldn't (Craig Charles, Sean Astin, John Rhys Davies, etc.). Surely this is self-defeating? When I met Anthony Head a couple of years back, he did tell me that he wasn't allowed to do personalisations because of the size of the (virtual) queue that I had just spent 5 hours in!

2) Many of the stewards had the great idea of telling us to write our names down on the ticket before meeting the guests that were doing personalisations. Well done to the staff for that one. It's that sort of sensible policy that gets queues moving quicker.

3) Shame on those staff that tried to bully paying customers!

I think the no photos thing was a tad unfair. I did really enjoy myself....but that rule did really get me down. i have to agree to me a photo with a star holds a better memory than a autograph...and for the price u payed to meet them it was a little unfair i have to say.

I got shoved along really quickly when i met Alexis i didnt have much time to speak to him, have a photo or even take one of him from a distance....as much as he was lovely i was dissapointed!

but i did enjoy myself and i will come back again...i didnt let it ruin my day and plus i bought loadsa cool stuff to make up for it :P

hee hee but other than that gr8 weekend crew!

I agree it was a good weekend, i also thank its a fantastic idea which someone previoulsy mentioned about maybe having a photo session, maybe they could do the following:

Anyone who brought photos gets given another ticket (different colour maybe) and say at four or something there could be a posed photo session where you get your picture taken with them (i'm saying people who have paid for photos first because obviously your annoyed if you have spent that money and can't even take a photo of the person you paid for an autograph with), and for an hour they do posed photos or something simular to that. Its just an idea, and obviously it would have to be organised differently to what i just said, but you get the drift of it

1) It does seem there are more than a few guests ARE willing to do personalisations even though the stewards think they shouldn't (Craig Charles, Sean Astin, John Rhys Davies, etc.). Surely this is self-defeating?

Just a quick point on this. It's not the stewards who actually decide on the 'no photos, not personalisations' rule - it's the people much higher up the food chain. Particularly someone like JCB who flits between her guests and decides on the spot whether they can have photos and things based on how many tickets have been given out and how many the guest has actually gotten through. The stewards are just there to enforce it.

And I know in many cases it looks like the steward is the bad guy who has to step in when we know many guests would be happy to have a photo - but it's their job to step in.

And yes I do know how annoying it is as I'm often a guest as well as a steward and hate not having personalisation or a photo!

The thing that frustrates me the most with this is that even though guests have signs saying no photos or personalisations some people still come away from meet a guest with either or both. I am someone who has been brought up to respect what those in authority tell me so when I see a sign saying no photo I simply won't ask, its rude and puts the guest in an awkward position. They don't want to come across rude and say no but it clearly says they won't do them.

I was extremely disapointed with my meeting with Alan Cumming on saturday. His queue wasn't exactly busy, there were 2 people infront of me and 1 behind. It said no photos at all so I didn't even take any in the queue not wanting to offend Alan if that was something he'd asked for. Reaching the table he quickly glanced up at me signed his name on the photo and that was it. I tried to make conversation but felt as though I was taking his time up and he didn't actually want to be there all that much.

It took me until sunday afternoon to pluck up the courage to ask if alan could possibly put my name on my picture seeing as he was sat with no queue playing with his phone. I had such high expectations of meeting him being a fan since 1996 and unless I know I wouldn't get the same treatment I wouldn't meet him again.

Almost all the other guests I met were fantastic, especially christian coulson and jamie yeates who are no way as well known but had time for everyone and were more than happy for photos and personalisations.

I was told Alan had been partying it up in new york all of last week, was tired and jet lagged, sorry thats not an excuse that works on me, he knew he was doing C7 and paying £20 I expected more than I got. a smile and a hi would have been better what I got

So from now on I will be carrying a post-it note with my name on just incase thats the only way, it doesn't take 2 seconds to write someone's name and it really can't make a difference of 500 people getting through or a 1000 that just seems extreme

Marina x

*oi stranger* no hello :o

Hello ;)

hey there :blink: hows u? u dont ring..u dont write .. where's the love :P *heard that some-where, sounded funny when i was typing ;):unsure:*

Does sound vaguely familiar :P

Been so busy with work etc, will try and come and see you this weekend. Very tired.

How's You?

Huggles

Marina xx :angry:

Been so busy with work etc, will try and come and see you this weekend. Very tired.

How's You?

Huggles

Marina xx :P

hi...im ok :o hows u? hows work..apart from busy :D did u have a good weekend? hopefully we can catch up for a chat soon ;) it feels weird not being able to p.m. :wub:^_^

Edited by vampwillow

I thought the Alexis Denisof queue had a good idea going, they wrote your name on the orange autograph slip so the guest could write it quickly with the correct spelling.

Yeah exactly, and Alexis was a major guest, why can't they just do that fpr all the guests, it take no more than 3 seconds to write most people names!

I wrote mine down on a piece of paper before the event and gave it to Alexis, he still spelt it wrong lol, he spelt it cirae instead of ciarae:P

But I dont really mind:)He was lovely!

KIWI :D

Although I appreciate the argument of getting as many numbers through a queue as possible and I am appreciative that this policy is now clearly marked up on the celeb's wipeboard, I really do think that this policy is not good enough.

I came on Sunday too meet a number of people but as soon as I saw that Jolene Blalock was charging £20 but wasn't doing piccies or even a simple "To Paul etc...." I decided not to bother.

The first time I came I waited 5 hours to meet Anthony Head and then he told me that he wasn't allowed to do a personalisation. He was lovely and we got our photos taken with him but, frankly, he could've signed the photo with a personalisation in the time it took him to tell me why he couldn't do it!

Now, it seems that more and more guests are taking this option and it is detracting from the event as a whole.

didnt met Astin, BH, and JRD, cause of that. Its not worth it for me if I cant take a pic with them and get it personalized (except if its a rare signer of course)

waited till pix were allowed for Alan Cumming

Edited by Skylover

I thought the Alexis Denisof queue had a good idea going, they wrote your name on the orange autograph slip so the guest could write it quickly with the correct spelling.

Yeah exactly, and Alexis was a major guest, why can't they just do that fpr all the guests, it take no more than 3 seconds to write most people names!

It's what we were doing at LFACC2 cause the acoustics were so bad and so guests kept mishearing names, but you're right, would be a good idea for CM too.

Bearing in mind that, when you're complaining, some other events charge seperately for 8x10 photo, autograph, personalisations and even photographs with the guests. By that standard, SM's policy is pretty reasonable, "all inclusive unless the guest requests it or we need to make sure as many people as possible can see him". Collectormania is run by fans, and it shows.

I think a better policy perhaps would be (as harsh as it sounds, and I know I would prob be a hypocrite if elijah or dom came again and I did not get to meet them) but LESS PEOPLE AND MORE TIME SPENT WITH A SMALLER NUMBER OF FANS!

I think I must have been pretty lucky as I got personalisations on everything I asked for and even on the ones I didn't. Bernard Hills queue was no posed photos but my friend took one of me with him while he signed and his steward was asking names and spellings as you got to him. It seemed to work well.

I know that its frustrating not to get exactly what you want and I appreciate the people doing the signing want to see as many people as possible but I agree maybe one the really busy queues they could have some of the systems suggested for those that want the personalisation.