C7 Crew Good or Bad

hey guess where you can stick it? i'm sick of being misquoted, chris if anyone has a problem i am holding a backyard brawl at my house... collectormania crew vs. england. all able bodied collectormania crew and englishmen welcome to attend.

i said the public can only give impressions, which is true, unless they followed us around all day. next time read before your next case of verbal diarea.

:wub:

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guess where you can stick it? i'm sick of being misquoted, chris if anyone has a problem i am holding a backyard brawl at my house... collectormania crew vs. england. all able bodied collectormania crew and englishmen welcome to attend.

i said the public can only give impressions, which is true, unless they followed us around all day. next time read before your next case of verbal diarea.

Tell me exactly where I mis-quoted you? I quoted ALL of your post, it's not possible to take something out of context when you post the WHOLE thing.

You seem proud of being rude to punters, wich is extremely poor, you seem to justify being rude - sorry, but anyone in customer service will tell you that you can't be.. no matter WHAT the punter says to you.

You also seem extremely aggressive and abusive, even in a low pressure environment such as this. I have defended the crew all the way through this thread, but when a member of crew stands up and BRAGS about telling punters where to 'stick it', then I'm not going to let that slide.

Yes, the public can only get impressions.. and they should be good ones. They CAN and WILL judge you on those impressions. You represent showmasters, you wear their name on your T Shirt and if you don't CARE what impression you give the public then that comes across and SM take a hit as a result.

In conclusion.. I did read your rant and it demonstrated why you should not be a member of the crew with your attitude.

Damn, im both

hmmm, who to side with....

• Moderators

OK OK I've had sleep now. Ya can be surprised with my attitude or whatever, I'm not like that while I'm crewing and I'm sure many ppl will back me up on that. I'm sure there's lots of us that have said stuff we shouldn't have on here when we've come back, but when u've had a f*cking GREAT weekend only to come back and read some people saying the WHOLE crew should be sacked, it's a little disheartening to say the least.

Yes, there are problems, but NO you should not target the whole crew. To bunch us all together is unfair and sure it pisses me off, no surprises there. We all work hard, we all get on really well, and I know that Mark and Jason appreciate what we do. And I guess partly because I consider them all my friends as well, it's a bit crap having to read this kinda stuff.

It's not the constructive criticism I have issues with. If there's any way that things can be improved then fair enough, obviously that's what we should be doing, but some people obviously aren't posting here to improve things and only to try and stir up trouble.

I'm quite happy to take a reasonable view of this stuff 99% of the time, but there's still that 1% human part of me that can get a teeeeeeny bit annoyed with it all, as with many of us. That's why I believe all serious complaints should be directed to the information desk with names, or take down names and email Showmasters when you get back. That way at least specific things can be sorted, rather than people saying the CREW in general. And yes, I know some people have been specific, and that's fair enough .. I'm not aiming this at everyone.

Some people, both public and crew, overstep the line when they shouldn't. Mistakes are made, but we need to be given the chance to learn from them rather than being told to f*ck off basically.

As a 40-something year old with a lot of experience of people, I thought the crew at the James Marsters stand were extremely rude. In particular the “gentleman” handing out photographs and the one “organising” the queue.

This is quite tricky, as you haven't mentioned which day you had a problem with the James Marsters queue. I was down at the front on the Sunday, trying to keep things moving along. If you had a problem with me, or felt I was rude, I truly apologise, and I know this isn't any sort of consequence, but in the 4 or 5 events I've crewed, you are the first person who has ever seen fit to comment negatively on how I've treated people.

Like I said, this is only me guessing that it was the Sunday you had problems with, if not, please ignore me. If I *was* at fault (big guy, spikey hair, beard), then I truly apologise, I have no excuses for it.

:P

You also seem extremely aggressive and abusive, even in a low pressure environment such as this. I have defended the crew all the way through this thread, but when a member of crew stands up and BRAGS about telling punters where to 'stick it', then I'm not going to let that slide.

In conclusion.. I did read your rant and it demonstrated why you should not be a member of the crew with your attitude.

This isn't a low presure enviroment, its a cowardish enviroment, telling someone they do a bad job behind a computer screen, it's so sad they can't actually be in front of you to defend themselves, not physically with violence, but through a conversation face to face so you an actually see their body language, and then judge them. Its hard for people to get their point across over the net, just because you are able to do so, doesnt mean we all can. In person everything is much better, people just become more brave over the net because its not in relality

Honestly, i don't even see a problem with the crew. It was probably certain individuals wern't allowed to get their own way and as a result got in a 'huff' with Collectormania in general. Everyone knows the crew did a good job, the only people that are lying are those saying they didn't.

Yes, you may have had a bad encounter, but life isn't always sun and rainbows with pots of gold at the end.

Honestly, i don't even see a problem with the crew. It was probably certain individuals wern't allowed to get their own way and as a result got in a 'huff' with Collectormania in general. Everyone knows the crew did a good job, the only people that are lying are those saying they didn't.

Yes, you may have had a bad encounter, but life isn't always sun and rainbows with pots of gold at the end.

LOL, miss ya lad

I want some gold  :P

I've always wanted to see the end of a rainbow :o

DAVE WAS ON THE RADIO :o

he has a sore throat :o

:o nooooooooooooo!

He'll still sound beautiful!! :lol:

Ben you never listen to me do you? I quit that job just before C7! :lol: wub you :P

IMHO its downright irresponsible to expect a 19 year old to be able to control large, excitable crowds in an adult manner- its simply asking too much.

Sorry I contest this, I am 21, have been crewing since I was 19, I have also been handling large queues and ammounts of people since I was 17 working in a busy london concert/theatre venue. I take great offence at the suggestion that just because someone is younger means they are unable to deal with working with large amounts of people in stressful situations.

Sorry, I shouldn't have cut out what I thought were unnecessary words from my post (given that I'd already made the points in earlier posts in this topic).

The *average* teenager, IMHO, isn't going to have the skills required. Okay, so you say you have, and I've no reason to disbelieve you. But can you put your hand on your heart and say that every teenager has?

I'm sorry but I am 19 years old and have been able to handle large groups of people!

You say that the average teenager isn't going to have the required skills. However there are many people who wouldn't have the required skills who are in different age groups.

There r many teenagers who are younger than me that can deal with these stressful situations and I can put my hand on my heart and say this.

Jenna

I am also 19 years old and this was my third time crewing for Showmasters - before I applied, I'd been to the first 5 Collectormania's and knew it'd be a thankless and stressful job...yet I still applied because I wanted to help and because I know I had therelevant skills and experience.

You cannot simply assume that due to being the 'tender' age of 19 that one could have none of the relevant skills or experience to manage such a task. I am assistant manager of the SPCK bookshop in Liverpool Cathedral, the biggest tourist attraction in Liverpool...things can get pretty hairy in that place and aside from helping to run the shop, I also oganise events in the cathedral....I think I should mention at that point that this is my first job (I took no jobs whilst in school because of school work) and I have only been there 9 months. Forgive me if this sounds rude but do you really think they'd leave a 19 year girl in charge of running the only branch of a profitable organisation in Liverpool, as well as the cathedral youth group and the music stewarding department if they didn't think I was capable?

Please don't tar us all with the same brush - I accept people would volunteer and assume it'd all be fraternizing with the stars and eveything would be rosy but they may find that when they get there, maybe it's not for them after all. We all learn from our mistakes so please, cut us some slack and let us do that. It's not so easy working 4 days straight from 8 till half 6 every day - I appreciate people work longer hours in their regular jobs but at least maybe they get some appreciation for it....we do it because we enjoy it.

I try not to be rude to people as I know how frustrating it is as a fan and I did try my best to help over the weekend. If you have any constructive comments on me from the weekend, I was Kenny baker's guest assitant on Friday morning, then whiteboard runner, then cash for Jamie bamber on Saturday all day, Matthew Waterhouse' guest assistant on Sunday and Next pit runner on Sunday. I'm tall with long brown hair, may have been in plaits at some points and was wearing baggy jeans.

On that point, I'd like to point out, simply because I wore baggy jeans and had my hair in plaits, doesn't mean to say I am a 'brattish, hippy' teenager as one of you so eloquently put...if I'm going to be running around with my hair flying in my face all day, it seems to make sense I tie my hair back, look presentable and wear a pair of comfortable trousers

Of course you're all entitled to your opinions. But I'm amazed that no one seems to have said ANYTHING at all on the day at the Organisers Booth. Why? Seriously...why?

At C4 I was only a fan, not crewing. It was my first con ever. I had a problem with a crew member, and I reported it straight after. You all need to do this, rather than coming on here and making the crew out to be the spawn of Satan. How can you expect SM to change, when you don't tell them? The show runs for 4 days. You can't say you don't get the chance. After C7, they can't read all these threads, they're knackered. Same with emails. They need to know during the show. It also means that they can have a word with the crew member in person if there is a problem.

I'm not complaining at all, but I worked on Jolene's queue on Sunday, reminding people that there was no pics etc. She was sat next to Anthony Head that day. The area for the fans when meeting them was quite small. They were both VERY busy guests. So people that have complained about the lady on Anthony's queue, really must know that she was making sure that no one was hurt, as there was no space at all. That is the truth.

When you don't get posed photos or your name on the auto....it's crap I know, but it can't be helped. I met Elijah Wood at C4. I queued from about 6.30am and still didn't get a photo or my name. It happens. Its rubbish. But it happens.

I couldn't believe how busy Anthony was. He wasn't that busy at C4, although he did more days then I know. I don't think anyone crewing thought he'd be that busy. It was insane. Lovely guy though, smiling till the end!  :D

I loved crewing all 4 days. Talking to fans is amazing. I especially love talking to the fans that are on their own, because for a brief moment they get to share their geekiness with someone else!

I only had a problem with 1 fan. He was very rude for no reason on Jolene's queue, but I just said that I understood and asked if I could hold his posters for him which weren't Star Trek ones while he met her. He told me to 'f**k off and leave me alone'. The fans behind him had a go at him. What can I do?

Boo Hiss to all you UNCONSTRUCTIVE complainers!!!

I wanted to crew but couldn't, and wanted to crew at the next LFACC, but am now wondering whether to if all every1 does is complain about the volunteers!!!!! (ANd i'm in the young age bracket evry1 hates)

there's gonna be people that have good or bad experiences with the show, the guests AND the crew - NOBODY is perfect eh?

EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion, and has a right to expre$$ it, but hey, here's an idea .............

For everyone COMPLAINING, keep doing so if you want, but why not tell the two guys that organise the crew so that THEY know?? the email address I wrote to to crew is oin the crew section - crew@showmastersonline.com

can tell em all the crappy things that happened, name names, and get your point across, which might maybe help?

Also tell the organisers desk, like Gandalfia says. Like, why only complain afterwards, say it on the day, and maybe any misunderstandings can be sorted out! I saw an organiser at the James Marsters area talking to upset customer on the day, so I'm sure they care about what happens, and who is bestest at helping.

Why not be constructive?

DG

Edited by deadgirl

This is not the place for this. Please be decent and take this somewhere else where you can sort whatever is wrong out with dignity please.

I would be happy to do so. Indeed I HAVE tried to deal with it privately. But if someone is going to keep suggesting that I - the innocent party - am lying then surely I have a right to defend myself?

I've read many posts that I regarded as 'personal' with swearing and rather childish and crude name-calling. NOBODY asked THEM to take it elsewhere!

I worked with this so-called innocent. I know her only too well! I'll stop posting about it if she does.

My apologies to those who would rather not know what she's like. Bear in mind that next time YOU could be the victim.

Pauline XX

Edited by orlandopassion