Tony Head Queue

Just wanted to post a story of something that happened today..........

My sister was in the Tony Head queue - it was quite long and she was watching Sean Astin entertaining the crowd - bless him...... Sean was looking over and sharing a joke. At this point she was at the front of the queue. The crew member stood beside her pushed her roughly towards the desk snapping, "Don't hold up the queue." Jo knocked into the fan still talking to Tony. It was all so hurried. Jo then got to say a few words to Tony - feeling rushed as he signed the auto. As she has been a massive Buffy fan since day one and knowing that photos were not allowed she asked Tony very nicely if she could have a hug. Before he could answer, the crew member said "no, there is no time - you have your autograph now move on". Tony looked exasperated and said, "Oh, I can give the girl a hug" and gave her a big hug.

HOORAY FOR TONY

My sister is the biggest Buffy fan I know and has been waiting to meet Tony - an original Scooby since the beginning and she still feels like she has not met him properly. :blink:

So, thanks Showmasters crew:angry:

Lisa

Sadly many of the "crew" have ideas above their station.

Remember ..they are not affiliated with the stars ... they are not their agents nor their managers ... they are there so that the guests are accompianied by a "representative" from showmasters.

99% of the guests are more than happy to oblige within reason mate .. my rule is ask politely and if the answer is no then you have not lost anything.

I bet tomorrow your sister will look back on it and think ... hey I got a HUG!! (which is more than most of us!)

The "crew" who take the money are showmasters "cashiers" ... never let anyone push you around.

Just because they have a crew pass does not give them the right to man handle you in anyway.

I would hope Jason reads this post and does not allow this person to volunteer again!

i have to say, that i found the showmasters lady running the ASH queue really rude too! i understand that lots of people want autographs but if i am paying good money i at least want to be treated with a bit of respect rather than as an inconvenience!

understand what you´re saying but if ya really want to ´meet´the actors you should go to a special buffy convention or a small scaled event. works much better.

have to agree.. these events r cool if your a general sci-fi fan and u want to meet loads of guests but for stuff like that u should really go to a con organised for buffy (in your case) :blink:

Regardless, shoving a member of the public is bang out of order.

I know that most / all people who crew at Showmasters events are volunteers from this forum, and from the two CM events I've been to, the fact that the crew are volunteers really shows in that the 'quality' of crewing goes from good to dire.

While the crew members floating about the place have been generally helpful, the crew person with the actual 'celeb' has - on every single occasion - been rude or tried to curtail the celeb from doing something they were happy to do: I went to talk to a celeb who had no queue at all at one of the CM events - the celeb was perfectly happy to talk and in fact seemed to welcome it because god knows he looked bored rigid, but the crew person scowled and tutted the whole time.

After every CM event, bad experiences with crew members are posted here, and Showmasters never post anything - indeed, those people talking about bad experiences normally get told to be grateful and not complain.

IMHO the bad attitude of some crew reflects badly on Showmasters and their events.

Hi I'm new to this forum but could not agree more.

I was in the line for Katee Sackhoff..............there were no signs saying no posed photos, but I politely asked anyway and was told yes it would be fine............although the lady assisting Katee could not do it as she was too close so she told me to ask another crew member who was monitoring the line..............this woman manhandled my camera (which, by the way cost over £700) didn't even give us a chance to pose or aim the camera correctly, just clicked, passed the camera back and said "thats all you get" and stormed off!

Now I know they were busy, but we have paid for the privilige. That doesn't mean that common courtesy or managers need to go out of the window.

How would showmasters feel if they got a bill for a £700 camera due to one of the staff!

Needs to be sorted for next time.............get rid of those with delusions of grandeur!

I wasn't impressed by the woman on Tony's queue either. My mum drove me and my friends to the event and desperately wanted to meet Tony but couldn't afford an autograph. I thought there would be problems getting her through the queue but thankfully we got to Tony ok...even though I wasn't politely spoken to by the crew member. I said to Tony that my mum had drove us and really wanted to meet him and he stood up, shook her hand and gave her a kiss on the cheek. My mum was made up :unsure: and me and my friends were really happy for her

Personally we had more of a problem with the woman on Alexis Denisof's queue. There was a person with Alexis and someone stood at the desk. I was just about to take a photo of Alexis, which was ok to do, and the crew member pushed me forward quite roughly. This made my camera jump so the photo of Alexis didn't turn out. I then nearly dropped my camera and photos. Also the same female crew member creased the photo that my mum was getting signed and because there was too much of a rush we couldn't exchange the photo

My friends also had complaints about the woman on the Alexis queue but that'd be up to them to comment on

That's just not right being shoved around by crew members.

I know there are requests for no posed photos, no personalisations etc etc but tbh a personalisation takes 5 seconds provided you write your name down on a piece of paper beforehand.

I understand about no posed photos, this can be time consuming but surely when a guest agrees you have to just repect their wishes and take a nice photo, not hurridly grab the camera and take a lame photo like some of the crew members did.

It is impossible to satisfy everyone 100% at these events but I'd rather allocate more time to each person meeting a guest rather than just seeing how many people you can get through in a day and how much money you can make.

Luckily I didn't personally have any bad experiences with crew members but from what I've read they were quite rude.

KIWI :D

I thought the lady in ASH's queue was just a bit stressed, that's all - she was very strict sounding when I asked if you could take any pictures, but just doing her job. ;)

It was all a bit mixed up though, as they wrote the numbers up on the board before announcing them : up to 82. Luckily I was no. 82 :D and when I turned up I was only the second person to arrive in the queue - but then people with lower numbers started showing up and she was rearranging us in order as we stood there! Was that really necessary?

It is impossible to satisfy everyone 100% at these events but I'd rather allocate more time to each person meeting a guest rather than just seeing how many people you can get through in a day and how much money you can make.

unfortunatly that wot these events r about.. herding u through like cattle getting through as many as possible :D for that reason alone i prefer a "proper convention" yes u get rushed through the photo's and auto's but u also have the whole weekend of talks and more of a chance of catching your fave star B) *yes regular cons have the same problem with stewards/crew ;) *

Edited by vampwillow

I work in an event venue and my bosses really drive us to act tough with fans who come around looking to meet the stars etc. Otherwise it'd be chaos!

I therefore can understand the crew's behaviour in trying to move things along swiftly. I was a bit concerned about the average age of the crew, though - and how much training do they get? Also, the James Masters rush was pretty scary - were the crew totally prepared for it all?

Guess I was lucky as I didnt have a problem with any of the staff, when I met Katee I was a little slow with my camera and Katee said there was not enough time now but if I came back later she would be happy to have a photo taken which was great but instead I just moved off to the side and while she was metting someone else I took a nice photo.

i was supposed to be the very last person in the queue to see ASH (i didnt have a VQ ticket but i went to ask the lady at the end of his queue if any more would be issued and she said i could go in anyway ;) ) so when i got up to the front of the queue (by this time the woman had let in a few people behind me too), i said hi, how are you etc. and then while he was signing my pic tony started talking to the crew member who was 'looking after' him and she said that was the last one cause he had to go, but he said 'what am i going to do for the next 15 minutes, sit on my spam, let them in'. what a sweetie. and the woman told him another member of the staff there had said it was time for him to go and he said 'bring them here, slap them around a bit' (but jokingly) :lol: so anyway there was much smiling and shaking of hands done (he has very short fingers :P ). he ended up staying for quite a while after that. very sweet guy, although the crew member next to him was kinda stressed and snapped at people when they asked for photos.

Edited by jess88

i had a couple of bad experiences, first with the rude woman at ash que and the girl with alexis, i went at the end of the day and there was nobody there on saturday and the rather lovely alexis was willingly talking to us, asking us questions, but the girl at the desk was trying to move us on and gettin her knickers in a twist we weren't there for long he was just saying hi, how long you here for etc. some of the crew have the wrong attitude. however i applaude the people organising james marsters que, they were nice and there was a cheeky woman asking to take her daughter closer so she could see him and wave, come pay £20 and you can otherwise no, and the good crew told her she can't............to right!

Edited by phoebe

I work in an event venue and my bosses really drive us to act tough with fans who come around looking to meet the stars etc. Otherwise it'd be chaos!

I therefore can understand the crew's behaviour in trying to move things along swiftly. I was a bit concerned about the average age of the crew, though - and how much training do they get? Also, the James Masters rush was pretty scary - were the crew totally prepared for it all?

There is acting tough and just being damm rude i have been to collectmania since c4 and have had loads of rude crews members yelling and pushing they think they can do what they want because of the badge they have on and its wrong.

I dont want to tie all to the same brush and i have met some crew members that have been great give me the info i needed and were pleasent , but overall most just act above there station and like to take over

i didnt have any bad experiences with crew members this time, but thats mainly because i saw people with open queues only so it wasnt so stressful for them i suppose. i am suprised to hear some crew were shoving people around though, thats a bit extreme, they should at least be polite while trying to get through as many people as possible.

didn't have any problems with crew either. most of them where great. sorry to hear some people got manhandled though :D

but the problem really is the rules of SM crashing with the guests own ideas. the crew gets instructions from SM to move the queues along and not to allow/ do posed photo's with the guests and not allowing people who are only there for a chat/ photo and not buying an autograph to go up to the guest even if its quite(not talking about the people who go with friends who buy an autograph). so it's not really their fault, they just have to do what has been told.

and sometimes the guests don't mind to pose for photo's or chatting with people who aren't buying any autographs so you get mixed signals wich result in some people getting posed photos and others don't, some have to pay for an autograph to get a posed photo for not so busy guests and others don't etc.....

i dont mind different rules for different guests as long as its clear what they are allowing and what they arent. its really embarrassing getting to the guests and then being told you cant have a photo or chat etc

:D The thing that got me was that my hubby goes with me to take the piccys but doesent bother with piccys himself and i do all the chatting i said to one of the crew members hes just taking the piccy and she said he needs a ticket i told her again all he was doing was taking a piccy that ticket she gave me for him to stand at the side and take a pic would have been better used for someone who wanted to meet the guest wouldent it?

Yet in another q i had the same convo with another crew member who was oh thats fine go through i think that the crew need to understand more what they are to do and not to do if someone does not really want to meet the guest and is there just to take piccys then surly tixs could be saved at other events i never had this problem only this year daft i say daft

i dont mind different rules for different guests as long as its clear what they are allowing and what they arent. its really embarrassing getting to the guests and then being told you cant have a photo or chat etc

i didn't mean different rules for different guests. i mean that rules change during the day and the weekend for the same guest.

let's say a crew member for example (didn't happen for real) tells 4 people that they couldn't go to anthony head because they weren't buying autographs even it wasn't that busy in the queue and the fifth asks and anthony hears it and says okey.

different 'rules'. four couldn't and one did. you see my point?

i dont mind different rules for different guests as long as its clear what they are allowing and what they arent.  its really embarrassing getting to the guests and then being told you cant have a photo or chat etc

i didn't mean different rules for different guests. i mean that rules change during the day and the weekend for the same guest.

let's say a crew member for example (didn't happen for real) tells 4 people that they couldn't go to anthony head because they weren't buying autographs even it wasn't that busy in the queue and the fifth asks and anthony hears it and says okey.

different 'rules'. four couldn't and one did. you see my point?

yeah i guess so but that is always going to happen - different times of the day will be quieter and busier and so the guests are likely to be changeable. if that is the case and it does happen in future, which it almost definitely will, just make sure you keep checking back and keep askign the crew emmber who is taking tickets whether you can go talk to him etc

There is absolutely no excuse for pushing someone, just because they were distracted!

I think a lot of over ego craving people may have upset quite a lot of people, shame really.

I know personally that if someone grabbed or pushed me who worked for SM I would be evil!

:blush:

tony had to get through 1000 people before around 4ish cos of the watchers talk. and the fact he was only there one day made it worse. i had a good laugh with the crew on tony's queue they were joking with me. i asked if i could shake his hand or would it hold up the queue! one person that helped was the nice american lady who was with a lot of the actors i'm not really sure who she is but she got people to do things. very authoritive. we liked her a lot!